Tim Ream - CB - New York Red Bull (1 Viewer)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
You want proven quality now, instead of scout for unproven good/useful players, and you state its nothing to do with the nationality of this player, yet these quote of your first post state a clear ignorantly hateful bias :p

The complete disection of our once great club will be finalized and confirmed if we start purchasing americans...our whole history stained and soiled for eternity. We will have officially become the italian Fulham, without their grit.

If we truly are now working hard to become a serious mid table outfit, then we should start with some of the more solid players in the leagues where the players and managers actually understand the game...

its akin to signing players from league two in England, perhaps not even to that level...

Aug 2, 2005
come on guys, take easy on the man, he didn't sound racist, he just underestimate the american league.
can we sign him and loan him, and then sign another Non-EU

what a retarded rule this Non-EU one, if Italy want to make Italians stronger they must say only one non-Italian, this rule just limit options for teams who want to build their teams, day by day, I am fully convinced Italy do not want Juve to be back

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
The complete disection of our once great club will be finalized and confirmed if we start purchasing americans...our whole history stained and soiled for eternity. We will have officially become the italian Fulham, without their grit.

If we truly are now working hard to become a serious mid table outfit, then we should start with some of the more solid players in the leagues where the players and managers actually understand the game...we should bring in Samba. The kind of player who often proves a one man wall against the opposition.

I mean of course, its warming to the heart of the american juve fans, but surely even they can be objective enough to see what such a move would prove, if true??? its akin to signing players from league two in England, perhaps not even to that level...maybe the conference is a more accurate comparison.
:lol: As usual some real quality from you.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
my new number one dream, is for me to meet third world wonder, kylie, king andy, and perhaps also...that other sweetie pie..umm...a few more most likely, if i am expressing the full complement of my forum crushes...indeed, all of us together, for a juventuz tournament of soggy biscuit! shangri-la for many on here I assume...:heart:

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
FSC? It must be a sure thing. Are we really going to use our non-EU spot on a defender from the American League? I don't want to rain on all the American's parade, but if this guy was nearly good enough for even a middle table Serie A team you would think he would have had some experience in a more credible league.

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #48
    You want proven quality now, instead of scout for unproven good/useful players, and you state its nothing to do with the nationality of this player, yet these quote of your first post state a clear ignorantly hateful bias :p
    Pretty much. But it's nothing new.

Lo-Pan said:
    this is exactly my point about the IN crowd of CUNTS who frequent this forum and spoil it for people who which purely to speak of juve matters...Someone asks a question, about football. I respond, with an answer about a footballer I have seen often. And then, one of the forum's most arrogant, aggravating troll cunts, responds with a comment you would expect from a 13 year old chubby fucker, trying to make himself seem cool with the cool lads...andy, seriously, grow the fuck up. sometimes you speak bits of sense, despite the constant haughtiness of your contributions, but you let yourself down so badly, by continually showinh yourself to be nothing more than a pigfucking moron...with comments like the above...so why dont you do us all a favour, and simply fuck off and die, or as i saw someone else writing to cronius not long ago, and it seemed to be ok to write...go cut your wrists...either way, you are scum. pointless scum. showing every most awful trait of a yankee, no regard for others, shouty, arrogant, basically a loud mouthed, irritating cunt.
    easy for a true american cunt to say...without adding weight to your churlish words, of how the saudi royals are ARMED AND SUPPORTED by the government you pay for...come on boys indeed...you fucking moron. eat shit, and die, serpico....
    :lol:

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #49
    FSC? It must be a sure thing. Are we really going to use our non-EU spot on a defender from the American League? I don't want to rain on all the American's parade, but if this guy was nearly good enough for even a middle table Serie A team you would think he would have had some experience in a more credible league.
    :confused2

The guy just came through the system, he's only 23. You see all sorts of talented footballers coming from obscure leagues. Look at Sorensen, he came right out of Denmark to outplay Motta. You have guys like Bacinovic and Ilicic coming out of the SLOVENIAN league for Christ's sake. I know the MLS isn't top quality, but it's better than that.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #51
    Since nobody has seen Ream play, I'll post a couple YouTube videos of his exploits. Then everyone can drool over him like usual.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
    :confused2

The guy just came through the system, he's only 23. You see all sorts of talented footballers coming from obscure leagues. Look at Sorensen, he came right out of Denmark to outplay Motta. You have guys like Bacinovic and Ilicic coming out of the SLOVENIAN league for Christ's sake. I know the MLS isn't top quality, but it's better than that.
    Sorenson was bought at 17. I'm not counting this guy out or anything because I haven't seen him play but he is 23 and still playing MLS level football. A non-EU spot taken up by a probably back up CB from the MLS seems like an unlikely move to me.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #53
    Sorenson was bought at 17. I'm not counting this guy out or anything because I haven't seen him play but he is 23 and still playing MLS level football. A non-EU spot taken up by a probably back up CB from the MLS seems like an unlikely move to me.
    You have to understand that Ream went to play college soccer instead of going to Europe. Playing for St. Louis University in college soccer is like playing for Ajax youth academy back in the day, with respect to prestige in each country. That's why he didn't go to Europe sooner.

He already has three caps for the US in a position we are somewhat deep in. Disregard his age, watch him play. He plays with more maturity than a lot of players anyway.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
    Feb 11, 2009
    its shameful to have to scour old threads to make a point of yours seem valid today, burkness...but that's your style eh? taking huge pride in your virtual prowess...i guess this mean the chances of a round or two of soggy biscuit have shot down to zero. but nevermind...if i carry on i will be becoming what i despise, more than what you despise, which is you...hohoohoh!

as for the actual football nature of this thread, i stick to what i said before...we MUST focus upon players who have a massive chance of improving our starting XI drastically. I don't want anyone signed for the first team squad who isnt playing for a decent team in a decent league. Its not in any way disrespectful to say that the US league is miles behind the italian, french, spanish, english, german, south and central american leagues. Its just a logical conclusion. If the kid has talent, and could be good for the primavera, great...but to use up our one non-eu signing on a player who has proven nothing against what i personally see as high quality opposition, the kind of opposition juventus face weekly, and in european competition, would be lunacy.

so besides the animosity, mutual as it always will be, andy...i think our transfer strategy should focus on proven quality, not Maybes...which isnt racist, defamatory, more hot air than reason, its just my opinion on what is best for the club i love. And I do not see the american league as a place to buy champions. Perhaps in 50-100 years...you yankees who watch your leagues could tell me more on that score, but not now. else there would already be established in at least some of the best teams in europe, plenty of americans. and there are not...

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
    You have to understand that Ream went to play college soccer instead of going to Europe. Playing for St. Louis University in college soccer is like playing for Ajax youth academy back in the day, with respect to prestige in each country. That's why he didn't go to Europe sooner.

He already has three caps for the US in a position we are somewhat deep in. Disregard his age, watch him play. He plays with more maturity than a lot of players anyway.
    I don't know if Ajax youth academy is comparable to that of a U.S college. If that were true, then why haven't we seen players coming out of St. Louis Uni at even close to the same level as Snejder or Davids?
    "Ibrahimovic just got Reamed!"

Damn, that's got a pretty nice ring to it...
    Just gave Ibrahimovic a Ream-job.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
    Anyway, it doesn't matter if he's shit or not. I'd be excited if an Australian was linked with Juve regardless.

Niddo

May 3, 2011
    using the non-eu spot on a player that wouldnt walk straight into our lacklustre starting 11 is blasphemy

im all for signing a talented player but using this spot on a player whose not neymar,tevez,lucas,hulk,falcao,lamela,dzeko,modric,banega,vidal is beyond retarded given our current dilemma

we need to spend this spot very wisely!!

though i must say signing an american could help boost our stature in the states which is a huge market

im also curious,can anyone enlighten me on the last time an uprising talent from the mls cut it in europe

i remember a lot of fuss and buzz behind freddy adu n altidore but both failed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)