Tim Ream - CB - New York Red Bull (4 Viewers)

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #24
    can someone shed some more light about this guy please? is he really ready to step up? how does he compare to someone like onyewu at his best or de merit?
    He has more talent than both of them. Ream is much more suited for playing in Europe than them as well considering he's very good with the ball at his feet and reads the game well. Strong on the tackle as well.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    He has more talent than both of them. Ream is much more suited for playing in Europe than them as well considering he's very good with the ball at his feet and reads the game well. Strong on the tackle as well.
    Whoa. Hold on.

Andy are you serious about this rumor?

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
    Feb 11, 2009
    The complete disection of our once great club will be finalized and confirmed if we start purchasing americans...our whole history stained and soiled for eternity. We will have officially become the italian Fulham, without their grit.

If we truly are now working hard to become a serious mid table outfit, then we should start with some of the more solid players in the leagues where the players and managers actually understand the game...we should bring in Samba. The kind of player who often proves a one man wall against the opposition.

I mean of course, its warming to the heart of the american juve fans, but surely even they can be objective enough to see what such a move would prove, if true??? its akin to signing players from league two in England, perhaps not even to that level...maybe the conference is a more accurate comparison.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    The complete disection of our once great club will be finalized and confirmed if we start purchasing americans...our whole history stained and soiled for eternity. We will have officially become the italian Fulham, without their grit.

If we truly are now working hard to become a serious mid table outfit, then we should start with some of the more solid players in the leagues where the players and managers actually understand the game...we should bring in Samba. The kind of player who often proves a one man wall against the opposition.

I mean of course, its warming to the heart of the american juve fans, but surely even they can be objective enough to see what such a move would prove, if true??? its akin to signing players from league two in England, perhaps not even to that level...maybe the conference is a more accurate comparison.
    I hope you are trolling the big american portion of this forum and not being serious :D

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #31

And you've seen Ream play how many times? Zero? That's what I thought.

Are you against buying talents from, say, Bulgaria? Their league is worse than the MLS, so why don't you speak out against them? Or how about Australia? Your league is even worse than Bulgaria's.

Ohhhh, it's because you hate Americans. That's why. Now I remember.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #34
    I can't wait to read the coming essay from one of Miss Vaughn's third graders.

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
    May 16, 2010
    ^ this time he will go on about Fulham's michael Jackson statue and how we should get one infront of the new stadium, seeing we might sign an American!

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    I sincerely hope he was trolling, hehe, we have young romanians, danes and Swedes being scouted and signed, why the big anti rant hoopla over an american? Asking if he is good enough is one thing, focusing so much on naitonality is bit lol though.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #38
    ^ this time he will go on about Fulham's michael Jackson statue and how we should get one infront of the new stadium, seeing we might sign an American!
    I sincerely hope he was trolling, hehe, we have young romanians, danes and Swedes being scouted and signed, why the big anti rant hoopla over an american? Asking if he is good enough is one thing, focusing so much on naitonality is bit lol though.
    He's always rambling on about us "Yanks". Do a search for his posts, there's a lot in there.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
    Feb 11, 2009
    And you've seen Ream play how many times? Zero? That's what I thought.

Are you against buying talents from, say, Bulgaria? Their league is worse than the MLS, so why don't you speak out against them? Or how about Australia? Your league is even worse than Bulgaria's.

Ohhhh, it's because you hate Americans. That's why. Now I remember.
    hate americans??? thats a strange statement given that 90% of my favourite writers, singers, poets, actors...are americans. To say that I hate a a lot of americans would be as true as saying i hate a lot of englishmen, and especially the portuguese...but ALL??? not in the slightest, old pal. I am anti idiots, not any nationalist as a whole. I need more of a reason to despise an individual, than his blood or country.

...Australia is not 'my' league. I live here, but am not Australian by blood, and have spent the vast majority of my life in europe. if any leagues are 'mine' they would be the english and italian leagues...the standard of football here in australia seems on par with what I see of the primavera. Some useful movement going forward, but nobody seems able to defend intelligently.

I want us to sign quality, not take a gamble on players who have only shown promise in obviously weak leagues which export only a handful of players to the stronger teams in the stronger european leagues...I am aware of many yankees playing abroad, but none of them have ever seemed world class, other than Friedel. Mcbride was good...

We are in a phase of total ruin where we simply MUST purchase proven quality, not take a punt on players completely untested in strong leagues. see that as racist as you please, but i simply want quality. the backyard of scandinavia, or even your beloved US, is fine for looking for kids with amazing potential, such as Sorenson...and that romanian giant we grabbed...but they are not the players who will take us up the table in the NOW.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)