Tiago Mendes (2 Viewers)

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
I care, Ahmed...because Tiago has shown the best form of his career when playing as part of an advanced central trio in midfield. And as we are looking like trying that very system, it makes sense to give him a shot there, especially as his early season form was encouraging.

Diego, Tiago, Giovinco....with Melo and Momo behind them.

Where does marchisio fit into that though eh??? He is not a destroyer, nor an attacking midfielder. he is central...I suppose he could play anywhere of those 5 positions.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I care, Ahmed...because Tiago has shown the best form of his career when playing as part of an advanced central trio in midfield. And as we are looking like trying that very system, it makes sense to give him a shot there, especially as his early season form was encouraging.

Diego, Tiago, Giovinco....with Melo and Momo behind them.

Where does marchisio fit into that though eh??? He is not a destroyer, nor an attacking midfielder. he is central...I suppose he could play anywhere of those 5 positions.
I assume you are talking about a 4-2-3-1 formation? But do you think Tiago would play well on the right side of that? I think Diego is pretty much guaranteed the central spot, I think Tiago would do better paired with one of Melo or Momo behind the three man midfield

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I think Tiago fits nicely right into the 7 man bench, preferably the one on the end next to the water bottles. If he is in form, then the stands fits him nicely as well.

BillyG

Caribbean Ultra
Nov 25, 2006
no no no. i think he'd be good next to either momo or melo when the other is injured/suspended/rested. I'd take him over poulsen that's for sure!

he'd be even better in a 3 man midfield in games where we switch to 4-3-2-1 or 4-3-1-2

Max

Jul 15, 2003
I can't defend him today, that was indefensible. However, Chiellini did well to stand there with his arms at his side at the edge of the box about 3 metres from Hamsik, who ran in and took a shot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)