Tiago Mendes (6 Viewers)

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006
Ive always supported him as a juve player and Ive took shit for it on these forums for so long. I always thought tiago sub par performances was due to C ranieri tactical scheme and his lack of interpersonal skills, and seems I was right.

BillyG

Caribbean Ultra
Nov 25, 2006
Ive always supported him as a juve player and Ive took shit for it on these forums for so long. I always thought tiago sub par performances was due to C ranieri tactical scheme and his lack of interpersonal skills, and seems I was right.
:agree: u, andy, myself (when i was around) and 1 or 2 others were the only ppl who defended the man's play throughout the dark CR era.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
I like the way he's been playing lately, look really really good. I bit he might be a starter when the new season starts.
He is a starter already...but it will be tough to see him or Marchisio on the bench. As one of them will start and the other will warm the bench most of the time.

Lucky Luke

Jul 23, 2007
EDIT:sorry for double post
some shitty lag :(

so i guess i have to write something about
Almiron played well in a friendly match with the primavera squad scoring a long range lob,he is like tiago imo..a "playmaker" well suited in a 3-mad midfield

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Were getting some of the best out of tiago, whats to say we cant do that now with Almiron, were paying his wages, his proberly gonna stay with us forever (unless if we can find a club for him) so I say heck lets see him in a few of our friendlys :D

BillyG

Caribbean Ultra
Nov 25, 2006
Tiago 'reborn' under Ferrara

Tiago Mendes has credited Ciro Ferrara with finally helping him make his mark at Juventus and in Serie A.

The former Chelsea and Lyon midfielder had been an unmitigated flop in his first two seasons, but seems to be finding his feet since Claudio Ranieri’s dismissal.

“My rebirth is down to feeling the faith that the Coach has in me and the new system that allows me to perform to my best,” he told Tuttosport.

“In France I had always played in a three-man midfield, so my difficulties in the past at Juve were always down to the tactics, certainly not to problems I had settling into Italian football.

“Before, with Ranieri, I was forced to work in a mainly defensive manner, whereas now I am free to seek out the ball and introduce attacking moves.”

Ferrara’s new 4-3-1-2 system has earned rave reviews and will be in action again for tonight’s Peace Cup Final against Aston Villa, kick-off at 21.00 UK time.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
TBH I'm starting to get a little paranoid about our system being "overexposed" so to speak. We don't want other coaches to figure out exactly how we play and come up with a solution to stop our machine (especially the Serie A tacticians are anal about that kind of stuff).

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Fair play to him, he always said that he needs to play in a midfield 3 to get the best from him and so far it is working. Fact is Ranieri made a mistake in signing him for a 2 man defensive minded centre midfield.

Time will tell if he can perform well each week and hold down a starting place. But he certainly seems more confident and enjoying his football which can only be a good thing!

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Eℓvin;2091095 said:
TBH I'm starting to get a little paranoid about our system being "overexposed" so to speak. We don't want other coaches to figure out exactly how we play and come up with a solution to stop our machine (especially the Serie A tacticians are anal about that kind of stuff).
Teams haven't seen how we'll function with Diego in the team yet.

And it doesn't really matter if teams figure us out a bit, because that will inevitably happen after a month or two of Serie A.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)