Tiago Mendes (5 Viewers)

May 21, 2007
Well I dont hate him. I just thought he should work on his fitness.

But I think ppl are so frustrated with him because he came here with the billing of a very good player who we paid alot of and is on a high salary but who really under performed. People here know he is a good player .. but this is also the reason ppl get frustrated because they expect alot more from him. He can play a vital role in our team.
cool. valid point... :tup: still a bit harsh though...

Buy on AliExpress.com
Mar 30, 2006
he's just not that good. not worth the money
It was just a matter of us being promoted and wanting to make the teas stronger but realizing not many top players wanted to join a team who were just promoted, not playing in the CL and whose future was uncertain. We had money in our pocket and settled for what was available.

I am not sure selling him is the answer now either because he has adjusted a fair bit and we would probably lose money if we sold him. In Tiago we have a good competent mid who is capable of playing at the highest level. He will not dominate for us or anything but he was never going to do that. He is a player who would be valuable in any squad though from Man Utd to Inter. But he is not a leader or a top level player.. just a good one who can do a job for us.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
FWIW, Tiago even outplayed Deco in the NT match against Sweden.

I think he's had his iffy moments. But he never got the time he needed to work himself into the club.

Dec 26, 2004
Played the kind of game when you feel he play football because he is bored and has nothing better to do at Sunday noon, specially at 1st half.

A game to forget, if he continue to play like this every now and then we should be the one to forget... about him.

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006
Played the kind of game when you feel he play football because he is bored and has nothing better to do at Sunday noon, specially at 1st half.

A game to forget, if he continue to play like this every now and then we should be the one to forget... about him.
None of our players performed in the first half, tiago did well in the second half, nifty passes here and there while also covering a lot on the pitch. I'm not saying he played the best of games, but criticizing him over his full match performance with such comments is inappropriate.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Give me a fucking break with your beyond insanely biased shit. One can compliment this ballerina when he is decent, or think he was ok enough, but he was frigging dreadful in this game, fullstop, and he has been in the last 3 games.

Its a frigging bizzare that Ranieri started him after those two last horrid games (especially bewildering that Tiago was subbed out in half time due to being so shit for Poulsen, who them was our best midfielder, and then somehow Tiago still starts the next game).

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006
Give me a fucking break with your insanely biased shit. One can compliment this ballerina when he is decent, or think he was ok enough, but he was frigging dreadful in this game, fullstop, and he has been in the last 3 games. Its a frigging bizzare that Ranieri started him after those two last horrid games.
I'm not biased sir, I said he didnt have the best of games, but he had a couple of good passes in the second half. Definitely not our worst player tonight, but then again he always gets scrap boated over here, every single game.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I'm not biased sir, I said he didnt have the best of games, but he had a couple of good passes in the second half. Definitely not our worst player tonight, but then again he always gets scrap boated over here, every single game.
Exactly. Even when he has a good game people still criticize him, just like in his first two starts for this team.

That's why I can't take anybody seriously on the player except for my own opinion of him.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Give me a fucking break with your beyond insanely biased shit. One can compliment this ballerina when he is decent, or think he was ok enough, but he was frigging dreadful in this game, fullstop, and he has been in the last 3 games.

Its a frigging bizzare that Ranieri started him after those two last horrid games (especially bewildering that Tiago was subbed out in half time due to being so shit for Poulsen, who them was our best midfielder, and then somehow Tiago still starts the next game).
+rep

Go to Boavista, Tiago, and stop humiliating yourself.
I can't believe that Ranieri has so much faith in this useless player. The most useless high paid player in the history of this club. More useless than Andrade and Salas combined.

He adds nothing but uselessness to our team.

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006
+rep

I can't believe that Ranieri has so much faith in this useless player. The most useless high paid player in the history of this club. More useless than Andrade and Salas combined.

-rep :p

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

:tup:

Max

Jul 15, 2003
+rep

:howler:

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
:lol:

I'll be honest. I really hate it how Tiago doesn't give 100% and he looks so not interested in matches, but you all know me well and you know that i never overreact the way i do when i talk about him.

And i overreact only because i know that Andy is pissed off whenever someone criticizes Tiago. :p

But Andy, make no mistake. You're just like this whenever you talk about players you dislike.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)