Tiago Mendes (5 Viewers)

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
I didn't hear any of those teams come calling iether this year or last year, though.
He was under a contract which means that he has a value making him an asset. I don't see the logic in giving away an asset just like that. And Tiago is still big in Portugal and he's a regular in their NT and just turned 30 so its not like he's 35. I bet we could have sold him to a Portuguese team. Anything would be better than just throwing him away. There is no way I'm justifying this bullshit, no way.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
He was under a contract which means that he has a value making him an asset. I don't see the logic in giving away an asset just like that. And Tiago is still big in Portugal and he's a regular in their NT and just turned 30 so its not like he's 35. I bet we could have sold him to a Portuguese team. Anything would be better than just throwing him away. There is no way I'm justifying this bullshit, no way.
Please find me some verified reports that there was interest in Portugal for Tiago, and then I can understand your point.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
There were so many people on this board who said that they would have gladly paid a club to take Tiago off of Juve's hands, and now when they finally cut the cord on this disaster, people are up in arms that they couldn't get anything of value.

Juventuz

Where hypocrisy and double standards reign supreme

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
There were so many people on this board who said that they would have gladly paid a club to take Tiago off of Juve's hands, and now when they finally cut the cord on this disaster, people are up in arms that they couldn't get anything of value.

Juventuz

Where hypocrisy and double standards reign supreme
A few people saying that doesn't represent the forum's opinion on Tiago.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Please find me some verified reports that there was interest in Portugal for Tiago, and then I can understand your point.
How do I know? Usually, when players from the national team play abroad in one of the top 3 leagues usually the player always have suitors back home. Tiago is not too old, he was a regular for Atletico last season and a regular for Portugal. I have a hard time believing that a team in Portugal wouldn't fancy bringing him back.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
How do I know? Usually, when players from the national team play abroad in one of the top 3 leagues usually the player always have suitors back home. Tiago is not too old, he was a regular for Atletico last season and a regular for Portugal. I have a hard time believing that a team in Portugal wouldn't fancy bringing him back.
But there were NO OFFERS from any of those teams in Portugal.

not this year, last year, two years ago.

no offers.

None from Portugal.

The offers that Juve received, he refused.

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
The man is highly regarded in Portugal. We could have easily sold him to Porto, Benfica or Sporting.

Fuck is going on? Hopefully this has something to do with the Aguero deal cuz we ain't in the charity business.
He demonstrated numerous times over the past 2 seasons he is not willing to take a pay cut for 1st team football. In Portugal his salary would have been even lower than what teams in England and Spain offered him over the past 2 years.

Yeah, since we already lost 2.8 mln. His wages are 2.6 mln IIRC.
2.6m are his wages after tax, meaning he would have cost Juventus over 5m euros if we kept him this season.

Did we pay him to leave?
Yes, and it was less than what he would have received had we kept him on our books.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)