Tiago Mendes (18 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Tiago's value is hard to measure in some ways, because it's not always obvious (you know how he earned the nickname of "Washing Machine" at Lyon, right?).

Almiron is already proving himself to be an impressive acquisition. But let's give things time. I don't see Tiago scoring more than one or two goals this season. The real measure of his success will be in how well he can redirect bad balls into something our attack can make use of.

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
with the way serie a defenders close down a lot, i think tiago has a good chance with through balls and turning bad balls into something the attack can make use of

Sep 19, 2006
yeah almiron is really our best signing
Wanna bet:eyebrows: !!! only time will show,btw I dont even think that Almiron will get a starting place from the beginnig of the season unless Ranieri is planning on playing with an attacking view though I wouldnt mind one of Tiago or Amiron to adapt a DMF position , I think both of them have higher potential than Zanetti even in the DmF position but lets wait & see what Mr.Ranieri has in mind!!

francesco

Till death do us part!
Jul 25, 2006
thanks, i been meaning to update that position and im convinced that Barzagli wont be coming, but i dont know who to put there. If i had to change it i would put Criscito, leaving Chiellini at CB, or with your idea of Chiellini at CB with Molinaro at LB.

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
Agreed & btw I like ur formation except for Barzaglie,I dont think he is comin,maybe we can put Chiellini as a CB & molinaro as the LB!!
barzagli is long gone.. i read that Buffon said something that along the lines of the summer market is not finished in regards to our defence.. i dont think he is convinced by the chiellini or anyone - andrade centre defence... Personally, i think we wont buy anymore and it will be up to chiellini & andrade, which they more than capable of doing IMO..

Sep 19, 2006
thanks, i been meaning to update that position and im convinced that Barzagli wont be coming, but i dont know who to put there. If i had to change it i would put Criscito, leaving Chiellini at CB, or with your idea of Chiellini at CB with Molinaro at LB.
Another way to go is leavin chiellini as Lb,putin grygera alongside andrade as Cbs & zebina as RB coz I think we will need zebina's experience in Serie A at least at first then Bench him!!

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
Another way to go is leavin chiellini as Lb,putin grygera alongside andrade as Cbs & zebina as LB coz I think we will need zebina's experience in Serie A at least at first then Bench him!!
u mean zebina as RB? cant disagree with u there cos IMO zebina is a very underrated player, he jus needs to be more consistant to be a really good player.. raineri seems to see grygera as a CB as well

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
we will have to wait and see i still don't think that Tiago is going to be that special, i hope i am wrong lets wait and see
i hope he does to.. he certainly hasnt shown anything to special so far, may be due to his lack of fitness as is being reported ...but i hope raineri will utulize him in way to bring out the best in him!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)