Tiago Mendes (13 Viewers)

white_rabbit

Apr 9, 2006
From Juventusmember.com

Hi Members,

finally I’m here, it’s a dream come true to be here at Juventus. I would like to share with you this first day as Juventino and all the emotions that I’ve felt. This morning we did the “official presentation” and fortunately I’ve had the chance to look to the Juventus Training Center. It’s astonishing, all of the structure was studied in order to guarantee the maximum efficiency and the best results.
As soon as I enter the dressing rooms I’ve immediately felt the responsibility that from today I have towards the heritage of this club and towards all the fans like all of you that follow this team with passion, constancy and respect.
I will do everything not to undeceive this responsibility and I really look forward to play the first match with this beautiful jersey.

Now it’s time to go to the Summer Village to prepare at the best the next season.

I hope to see all of you at the Stadio Olimpico.

Ciao

Tiago

jaansu

Jul 12, 2002
Tiago aiming to follow in Paulo Sousa’s footsteps at Juventus
Ambitious midfielder eyes championship triumph

New Juventus signing Tiago has revealed he hopes to follow the path set at the Delle Alpi by former Portugal midfielder Paulo Sousa.

Tiago, 26, moved to Juve from French champions Lyon earlier this summer, as one of the club’s major signings following their promotion back to the top flight, as has revealed that Sousa, who won the European Cup with Juve in 1996, is an inspiration.

“I am ready to assume the role of leader of the midfield,” he said. “I am going to follow in the footsteps of Paulo Sousa, because he was an inspiration to me.”

“As far as I’m concerned, I hope to become a significant part of the club’s history, like other Portuguese players before me, first and foremost Sousa, and Rui Barros.”

Tiago admitted to being “happy about Jorge Andrade’s arrival” when asked about his international colleague’s recent move to Turin, while also revealing his ambitions for the campaign ahead.

“I know this will be a demanding season but I’ll try and give my best. I’m at the manager’s disposal and I can adapt to any role. The club comes from a difficult period but we have all we need to aim for the top.”

“My targets are winning the Championship and getting back into the Champions League. Is the absence from European competitions a problem for me? Not at all, we’ll be back next year. In any case, you can’t say no to Juventus, even if they’re not playing the Champions League.”

“But enough with the past, Juventus are a great team, all those problems have been solved and we must think about the future now.”

http://www.portugoal.net/Juventus/Tiago-Sousa-Model.htm

I hope he turns out to be as good a player as Sousa was.

Sousa was awsome.

Juve Libnan

Jun 20, 2007
a great player indeed...the chelsea spell may have played with his confidence but he has great feet and pulls of some great passes...a better version of cambiasso in my books
i really look forward to seeing him play and till now i see him as the biggest addition SO FAR

francesco

Till death do us part!
Jul 25, 2006
i know this is the Tiago thread, but just the look of Brazzo, he looks like the type of player we needed. He is a player with heart, and his physique is threatening. He is going to be our mean machine. One of our best signings IMO, wether he gets a starting position is a different question

Sep 2, 2004
i know this is the Tiago thread, but just the look of Brazzo, he looks like the type of player we needed. He is a player with heart, and his physique is threatening. He is going to be our mean machine. One of our best signings IMO, wether he gets a starting position is a different question
Its so wierd seeing him at Juve, I thought he would never leave Bayern.

ararossi

Jun 6, 2007
he can be a box to box player with great shot and work ethic, he could be like a
Antonio Conte. Playing at the defensive midfield role will limit his involvement at the front end of the pitch

Sep 19, 2006
Tiago is by far our greatest signing this year,he is the only world class player we got this summer. I nearly watched 90% of the games he played with chelsea,Lyon & Portugal & I am sure he will be perfect for us,he will be the man to watch this season,the second our new jerseys come out,I'll get it with Tiago's name on it. FORZA TIAGO!

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Tiago is by far our greatest signing this year,he is the only world class player we got this summer. I nearly watched 90% of the games he played with chelsea,Lyon & Portugal & I am sure he will be perfect for us,he will be the man to watch this season,the second our new jerseys come out,I'll get it with Tiago's name on it. FORZA TIAGO!
i disagree i think almiron is our best signing, a signing whom we've lacked for years a veron moulded kinda player

england hockey :D surely not ice hockey, but the weather here is like ice :(
hockey :toast: jees how i hate it that im not playing next season due to work, but ill be back :D had an unforgetable 2 seasons at the highest professional level

Jan 7, 2004
From Juventusmember.com

Hi Members,

finally I’m here, it’s a dream come true to be here at Juventus. I would like to share with you this first day as Juventino and all the emotions that I’ve felt. This morning we did the “official presentation” and fortunately I’ve had the chance to look to the Juventus Training Center. It’s astonishing, all of the structure was studied in order to guarantee the maximum efficiency and the best results.
As soon as I enter the dressing rooms I’ve immediately felt the responsibility that from today I have towards the heritage of this club and towards all the fans like all of you that follow this team with passion, constancy and respect.
I will do everything not to undeceive this responsibility and I really look forward to play the first match with this beautiful jersey.

Now it’s time to go to the Summer Village to prepare at the best the next season.

I hope to see all of you at the Stadio Olimpico.

Ciao

Tiago

in other words, "buy tickets"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)