Thuram - This will be a great season. (1 Viewer)

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
Sunday, September the 15th. Juventus will start the new season. After four matches on Saturday, the blackandwhites will be on the Delle Alpi pitch at 3.00 pm to face Atalanta. Everybody's happy: supporters, players, coaches and between them Lilian Thuram: "We will finally start the season, we're all happy. The Scudetto? It's fantastic to have it on the shirt, but it's in the past now. We have to think about the new season and nothing else. The team is more or less the same of last year and this is positive. Don't forget - we're the champions".

Between the new players that arrived at Juve is a well known player to Thuram: Marco Di Vaio. "Marco is a very good player, i'm happy he's been signed by Juventus. I remember him coming from Salernitana, he didn't play very much at that time. Today he's in the national team..."

Thuram talks about the opponents as well: "I'm happy to see all the others growing up with champions like Rivaldo. It's certainly better fot italian football and supporters".

Buy on AliExpress.com

jaansu

Jul 12, 2002
It's great to see him ready to go.

He's a great player who had problems last season particularly with the position he was played in, but that seems to be all behind him. Hopfully he will be one of the stars of Serie A and the Champions league this season, ending up with the treble, of course :D.

OP
dpforever

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #3
    Yeah, am glad he's still a Bianconeri .. I hope he stays long enough with us .. and shows his true capabilities ..

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    If his fee had been 5 million I would have agreed with you

hey who renamed the irritated smilie 'irritate' ?!

maxmc

Jul 27, 2002
    thuram played gr8 this pre-season... all the critics seem to have helped....

last season he was dissapointing and i also wanted him to go, but now i think he'll show his class.....

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    It looks like Thuram really doesn't care for the right back spot :D

===

Thuram questions Cuper choice Monday 16 September, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lilian Thuram believes that Inter boss Hector Cuper made a mistake by playing his former teammate Fabio Cannavaro at right back on Saturday.

The Italy international was surprisingly fielded in that role this weekend as the Nerazzurri got their Scudetto campaign off to a 1-0 win over Torino.

However, Thuram believes that Cuper must play Cannavaro in the centre if he is to get the best out of the ex-Parma star.

"He is a central defender and it is impossible to keep playing him on the right," said the Juventus stopper.

"At Parma I always played well when I was alongside him in the middle and when I played against him on the international stage he was like a lion in the middle.

"I can play right back but he can’t. Cuper will soon understand this."

Cannavaro joined the San Siro giants this summer in a surprise £11m move after Inter failed in their attempts to sign Alessandro Nesta from Lazio.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    Thuram will probably put in some awful performances on the right just so Lippi picks him in the centre again:D

as for Cuper, :fool: what an idiot jeez how can you play the world's best centre back as a right back...:eek::eek: esp. when you have J.Zanetti world class right back!!!!

DAVIDZ

Sep 15, 2002
    I remember Ferrara used to play RB for Napoli before we picked him up and he was a rock. So, if Ferrara still had the pace, you could switch them.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    ferrara should play in central.still a rock,or even a mountain,and is of course 100 times faster than blanc.should be nominated for senior player of the year.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    realistically, with everyone fit and on form, Ferrara will make no more than the bench, since I'm sure Lippi would pick Thuram, Fresi, Iuliano, Tudor, Montero ahead of him in central defence!

OP
    dpforever

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #20
    What are u guys talking about?? Thuram was great in the RB position against Atalanta .. he had one of his best matches with Juve !! Hope he keeps going on like this :strong:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)