Thuram injured AGAIN!!! (1 Viewer)

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Mr. Gol ] ++
I really doubt if it's such a good plan for him to retire in 2008. He won't be a starter by then, so why don't retire when you're on top in 2006 after the WC?
Let them worry about qualifying first and then about retiring on the top after wc 2006

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Cap should rest him this weekend ahead of our CL trip to Brugge. I'm sure Kovac can handle Empoli.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
I thought Thuram was pretty solid in the France match, its still early in the season and one could argue that we'll have a harder match against Empoli so I'd actually prefer playing Thuram in both matches.

inferis

Jun 5, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
As for his time at Bayern, I thought that he was fairly reliable for the most part. He had a lot of work to do given the fact that his central defensive partner Lucio made some pretty costly errors.

i thought it was the other way around.

nielsen

Aug 14, 2005
th biggest mistake of lilian is to have returned to the national team!! he'll pay the price for all the season now... hopefully we have kovac to back him up... but i still doesnt approve with his decision...

lestat_1987

Aug 31, 2005
Juventus coach Fabio Capello is still furious over defender Lilian Thuram's decision to return to international football.
The France defender is currently out of action with the thigh injury he picked up against the Faroe Islands, just a few weeks after angering Capello by collecting a knock against the Ivory Coast.

"I'm a good prophet. I knew something was going to happen," said Capello. "Actually, I'm a bad prophet because I predicted something which has brought bad luck."

The 33-year-old former Monaco star missed the Bianconeri's 4-0 win over Empoli at the weekend, and his club boss admits he doesn't know when he'll be back.

"His injury is worse than it was at the start of last week," explained Capello. "The fact that he then played against Ireland really didn't help.

"It's worse than we thought and I have no idea when he'll be fit again."

The former Roma tactician has said all along that Thuram would be putting himself at risk of injury by returning to the international scene.

And he also added a veiled criticism of France boss Raymond Domenech for selecting a reluctant Thuram in the first place.

"There are some Coaches who respect a player's wishes," he stated. "But if a Coach calls him up in the interests of the national side, then the player has to accept it."

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
Youre right.
Are we Thuram-dependant? At this moment, yes, we are, because Kovac, being a good defense, doesnt fill the shoes of Lillian.

Lets remember that our last year scudetto was, primarely, due to the quality of our gigi-canna-thuram effectivity machine. Now, gigi is out of the equation. Now, thuram is seriously injured and he is out, too....we are entering in high risk area, here.

Time for Capello to bring out the proverbial rabbit from the hat....

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Thuram to retire - again Tuesday 11 October, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus’ Lillian Thuram is set to announce his second retirement from international football after France’s World Cup qualifier against Cyprus on Wednesday.

According to reports in France on Tuesday, the 33-year-old would have made his announcement last Sunday, had Les Bleus defeated Switzerland and qualified directly for Germany 2006.

Sources close to the World Cup-winning right-back claim he is no longer physically capable of playing at the highest level for both club and country.

The former Monaco and Parma player missed several games with current club side Juventus after returning from France’s qualifiers against the Faroe Islands and Ireland with a thigh injury.

He revealed at the time the full toll international football placed on his body: "Any international match, even against the Faroe Islands, is more physically demanding than Juventus versus Milan."

Thuram initially announced his international retirement after the disappointing Euro 2004 campaign.

However he was persuaded to return to the fold last August, to help France qualify for the World Cup, by fellow premature retirees Zinedine Zidane and Claude Makelele.

isha00

Jun 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by mark77 ] ++
Playing with France...

a knee right on his hip. He was grimacing and got subbed by Squillaci. Don't think it's thats serious but Lilian, you should consider leaving the damn French NT.
I knew it was gonna happen :fero::groan::fero:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)