Thuram injured AGAIN!!! (1 Viewer)

Holygr4le

Aug 4, 2005
The debate about the NT has grown lately and some clubs (Juve, Man Utd and so on) try to control and affect the NT on witch players that should play.
This is so terrible wrong. First of all they have no legal right to do that. In the regulations by FIFA players have to be available to the NT at all time. Second the game needs the NT in marketing purpose for both the game and the players. The WC is the worlds biggest sport event. I know that it is Juve that pays the players but what the heck, stop buying players that plays in the NT if its such a problem. Value the for and against… Easy math.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Thuram makes France pledge Wednesday 12 October, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus stopper Lilian Thuram has dismissed speculation that he will retire from international football again once France’s World Cup qualification campaign is over.

The defender has picked up a string of injuries since he returned to the France team two months ago, but remains determined to compete in the Finals with Les Bleus.

"The people who have been spreading the rumours should have asked me the question directly," said the 33-year-old.

"It’s not very positive to hear this when the group is trying to prepare for a match."

Thuram will be fit to take his place in the centre of defence against Cyprus, but admitted he is concerned that his body can no longer cope with playing both international and club football.

"I wasn’t in great shape towards the end of last season," he explained.

"With the France matches to play as well, maybe I won’t be physically capable of taking part in the World Cup.

"There’s no point in people counting on me if I am not able to do it. If I finish the season in a washed out state, I will stand to one side.

"But that’s not the case for the moment. If I am fine physically then there is no doubt as far as I am concerned.

"Why would I stop? If I am in a physical state that allows me to play well, I’ll be there."

The former Monaco and Parma ace has already amassed 107 international caps and is closing in on Marcel Desailly’s all-time record of 116

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
Couldn't find a more appropriate thread than this one.
------------------------------------------------------------

France Boss Meets With Juve
10/28/2005 10:59:00 AM
Officials of Juventus have met with France coach Raymond Domenech with the aim of cooling recent tensions between the two parties.
Juve boss Fabio Capello was unhappy that Domenech convinced Lilian Thuram to come out of international retirement, and the Italian was unlikely to have been amused that the latter twice came back from international duty injured, with Patrick Vieira also picking up a knock.

It is not known exactly what was said in Thursday evening’s meeting between Domenech, Capello and Juve director general Luciano Moggi.

However, France’s controversial charity game against Costa Rica in Martinique on November 9 was surely on the agenda.

goal.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)