Thuram injured AGAIN!!! (1 Viewer)

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Playing with France...

a knee right on his hip. He was grimacing and got subbed by Squillaci. Don't think it's thats serious but Lilian, you should consider leaving the damn French NT.

Buy on AliExpress.com

del pietro

Aug 13, 2005
Thuram is one of the fittest footballers around today. He plays practically every match for Juve. The injury was not caused by age or fitness problems. It could of happened to anyone...

So stop bein so damn selfish and let him enjoy what he has left of his international career.

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
I really doubt if it's such a good plan for him to retire in 2008. He won't be a starter by then, so why don't retire when you're on top in 2006 after the WC?

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
France have Thuram concern

Monday 5 September, 2005

Channel4.com wrote:

Juventus defender Lilian Thuram is a doubt for France’s do-or-die World Cup qualifier against the Republic of Ireland on Wednesday.

Thuram was replaced during the second half of Saturday’s 3-0 win over the Faroe Islands with heavy bruising after receiving a knee in the thigh while going for a header.

"It’s one of those things that can either get better really quickly, or it can just go on and on," said cryptic Coach Raymond Domenech.

Goalscorer Djibril Cissé is also doubtful after turning his ankle in the dying stages of Saturday’s comfortable victory.

Meanwhile, Juventus midfielder Patrick Vieira has claimed he is more than ready to reacquaint himself with his old enemy Roy Keane.

The two will come face to face when France take on Ireland at Lansdowne Road in midweek.

"He [Keane] is the most important Irishman," said the former Arsenal man, who has come up against the Manchester United skipper in some heated Premiership battles.

"It’s him that imposes his rhythm on the others and dictates how they play.

"Our meetings have always been heated but I won’t be taking any backwards steps on Wednesday. I never give up."

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Kovac is quality. I'd much rather play the solid, experienced Robert Kovac than Gladstone who at this point is an unknown to most of us if Thuram was unavailable.

inferis

Jun 5, 2005
kovac was lost against inter and in pre season. and his time in bayern wasnt a fond memory either. gladstone for a match. then we'll see.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Zizou has Thuram hope Wednesday 7 September, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zinedine Zidane believes that Lilian Thuram will play in the crucial World Cup qualifier against the Republic of Ireland in Dublin tonight, despite struggling with a thigh injury.

Les Bleus boss Raymond Domenech has delayed naming his starting line up to give the Juventus defender and Djibril Cisse more time to prove their fitness.

"I think he’ll be on the pitch," the national captain predicted on French radio. "He’s a competitor and he’ll be there on Wednesday night.

Just moments earlier, Zidane had refused to speculate during the official media conference.

"Cisse and Thuram are getting better. There’ll be a decision taken on Wednesday. They want to play but they need to be 100 per cent," said the former Juventus star.

If Thuram fails to recover in time, Sebastien Squillaci will come into the side to partner Jean-Alain Boumsong in central defence.

Thuram is therefore also a doubt for the trip to Empoli on Sunday, which could see Robert Kovac step into the Bianconeri defence

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by inferis ] ++
kovac was lost against inter and in pre season. and his time in bayern wasnt a fond memory either. gladstone for a match. then we'll see.
I can't say that I agree. Kovac didn't have a good game against Inter in the Supercup, he was quite shaky actually, but he was IMO very solid in most of the pre-season games. As for his time at Bayern, I thought that he was fairly reliable for the most part. He had a lot of work to do given the fact that his central defensive partner Lucio made some pretty costly errors.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)