Thoughts about the team (1 Viewer)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
And on the other hand there are some Juve fans who blindly adore Del Piero and fail to see that he never recovered from his injury in '98 and that he will never be the same old Alex, and that he should be relegated to the bench, if not sold, for the good of the team, as he has been average at best for the past 5 years, with the odd flashes of brilliance that come once every 6 months. Noobody is critisizing him for one game, he's been like this for years.

I dont care about Del Piero, or Zlatan, or nedved or Trezeguet, or Buffon... I care about Juventus.
YEA RIGH !!!!!!!!!!!!! you think without Dp we would have achieved the last 3 scud , oh gimme a break , nedved by himself or trezeguet would have gave that to juve right??? BS !~

Buy on AliExpress.com

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003

*cough* *cough* Nedved *cough* Buffon *cough* Thuram* *cough* Trezeguet *cough* *cough*

Damn, I really need to take something for my sore throat.

Lets compare Trezeguet and Del Piero in the past 4 years, at least goal wise (dont forget that most of DP's goals are penalties):

Code:
Games/goals (Serie A only)

00/01 01/02 02/03 03/04

Del Piero   25/ 9 32/16 24/16 22/ 8
Trezeguet   25/14 34/24 17/ 9 25/16

As you see, Treze has outscored DP in all seasons but one, in roughly the same amount of games. Now, dont give me that crap how DP creates chances, and makes assists, bla bla bla, as, if you take away his penalty goals and add the assisst, he'd have roughly the same impact on the team.

DOnt forget who our best assist man is, Nedved.
How can you compare these 2??? just explain??? then i'd say Raul aint better then Ronaldo , because Ronaldo have been scoring much more then raul in last 2 season ....

Trezeguet's job IS to SCORE just like Inzaghi in milan or RVN in man utd and others...

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by olkiller ] ++

No flashy mark since 1998?!!!!!!! Ok about sayin' DP hasn't performed well last season but...What about his goals in the previous 2 seasons??? (2002 AND 2003) How about his world class goals against madrid,porto, newcastle, parma and his countless assists to Trezeguet???

PLEASE Stop Denying history! U must be kiddin'...Juventus would've NEVER won the last three scudetti without Alessandro Del Piero. That is why every Juve Fan has to give him the credit he deserves just as the same goes for Zidane (who didn't play a major part in our victories though, when he was the greatest we ended up 2nd) and Nedved.
I'm sick of reading such things: Is Ronaldo still the one he was in 97??? Is Zidane still the maestro he once was???? Is Figo still the winger who dazzled Europe in 99???

Just Think about it...
Tottaly BEST Post i have ever Read !

Maurizio

Sep 23, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Jeannette ] ++
I don't think DP playing by himself would give us any title... There are eleven palyers on the pitch. Is the team that wins, not one player.
Sure the team wins but you can RESPECT a plyer like Del Piero who scored with his backheel in 1996/97 in the final .. Del Piero was the symbol of 3 great years that were coming...:angel:

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I don't think DP playing by himself would give us any title... There are eleven palyers on the pitch. Is the team that wins, not one player.
hehe , i know there are 11 players on the pitch , but you can't deny that Dp was behind our Succ season's in the last 2 or 3 scud....not only in 96, and 97 .. it's true there was some moments were he actually didn't find his form , but we shouldn't be SPOILED and keep on talkin about him , just take alook at Real or Man utd , their main and key players are struggling to do anythin... why should we always attack our captain ...

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Maurizio ] ++

Sure the team wins but you can RESPECT a plyer like Del Piero who scored with his backheel in 1996/97 in the final .. Del Piero was the symbol of 3 great years that were coming...:angel:
don't forget 2001/2002....2002/2003.... Long Live Il Capitano;)~~~

Maurizio

Sep 23, 2004
++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++

hehe , i know there are 11 players on the pitch , but you can't deny that Dp was behind our Succ season's in the last 2 or 3 scud....not only in 96, and 97 .. it's true there was some moments were he actually didn't find his form , but we shouldn't be SPOILED and keep on talkin about him , just take alook at Real or Man utd , their main and key players are struggling to do anythin... why should we always attack our captain ...
I totaly agree on ya! Real Madrid over the years have more players who fail at times than Juve.. and ow yeh..what about Inter and his players..didn't Baggio failed there? and Ronaldo?

Jeannette

Aug 16, 2004
I've never said I don't respect him or deny him. I love him, but it doesn't mean I can't assess his performances. I doubt whether Juve fans hate him or disrespect him. These words are simply to strong. Anyway, for me it's the team as a whole, that really counts.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003

I totaly agree on ya! Real Madrid over the years have more players who fail at times than Juve.. and ow yeh..what about Inter and his players..didn't Baggio failed there? and Ronaldo?
Thats what ppl should now over here....

Maurizio

Sep 23, 2004
I've never said I don't respect him or deny him. I love him, but it doesn't mean I can't assess his performances. I doubt whether Juve fans hate him or disrespect him. These words are simply to strong. Anyway, for me it's the team as a whole, that really counts.
If people say they want to sell him..then why are they chearing whem he scores?..the game of today has changed..we can not complain as we look how Real Madrid fails with his stars..if they say they wanne sell Alex i can only think of pure misplaced hate for a player who gives his life to Juve

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I think for all of us it's about Team more then any player , but ppl should have some respect to our Great Captain !

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003

If people say they want to sell him..then why are they chearing whem he scores?..the game of today has changed..we can not complain as we look how Real Madrid fails with his stars..if they say they wanne sell Alex i can only think of pure misplaced hate for a player who gives his life to Juve
well you got some ppl over here , EVEN if dp scores hatrick they'll TRY to find any small mistake he did in the game to COMMENT on it , and i guess it's gettin really silly judgin dp's performance always...

Geof

May 14, 2004
Alex is fascinating. You make like him or not, but I think everybody respects him.

He has done so much for Juve, and I can't see him being sold. But everyone has to admit he lost the form of the great days. He shouldn't be given a starting place just because he performed so good in the past.
If Capello decides to give Ibrahimovic a role in the starting XI instead of DP, so be it.
Starting roles should be given to the ones who are in best form, not to the ones who performed well 3 years ago.

My point is, DP has to fight for a place in the team, just like any other player.

I love Alex, but I love Juve even more, so I hope the coach takes the best decision for Juve. That's all

Maurizio

Sep 23, 2004
Yeh but besides Zambrotta and Nedved and Buffon.. doesn't have anyone has bad days?????????:confused::confused::confused:
You can't only look to the strenght of form of the player.. the player must fit in the team at the right moment.. and so far Alex has always had use... you just can't imagine how much shine he brings the other players..especially the new ones like Zlatan.. and from who had Trezegoal all the passes when he was topscores? yes..it was Del Piero..and ya really think he is put in the team just for fun? no way..he needs to proove his ass..just like in the italian squad...

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
And on the other hand there are some Juve fans who blindly adore Del Piero and fail to see that he never recovered from his injury in '98 and that he will never be the same old Alex, and that he should be relegated to the bench, if not sold, for the good of the team, as he has been average at best for the past 5 years, with the odd flashes of brilliance that come once every 6 months. Noobody is critisizing him for one game, he's been like this for years.

I dont care about Del Piero, or Zlatan, or nedved or Trezeguet, or Buffon... I care about Juventus.
I agree :thumb:

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003

I can't believe a Juve fan is degrading del Piero like that..ok he is not the star he used to be but that had several reasons..1: years of injury 2: change of teams and tactics/trainers 3: he's getting older and accepts that he let's the other attackers score more than him these days... let me tell you that he did gave Juventus a couple of scudetti together with trezegoal who is also degraded by some Juve fans:confused:.. Del Piero is Juventus and Juventus is Del Piero:D because that man was born to play in black and white:cheesy:..i think he deserves more credit than a lot of spoiled Juve fans give him...:devil::devil::devil:

Del Piero IS NOT Juventus. Remember that. By your logic we should play Del Piero forever, when he's 68, he could just stand on the pitch doing nothing, just as he does now, and we'd pass up player like Zlatan, Adriano, Miccoli, Torres, etc, because we have to play our Great Capitano, oh my, he is Juventus we cant drop him :rolleyes:

Bullshit.

YEA RIGH !!!!!!!!!!!!! you think without Dp we would have achieved the last 3 scud , oh gimme a break , nedved by himself or trezeguet would have gave that to juve right??? BS !~

Yes, and Del Piero also helped the solving of the world hunger, the middle east crisis, the war on terror, and he also caught Bin Laden.

How can you compare these 2??? just explain??? then i'd say Raul aint better then Ronaldo , because Ronaldo have been scoring much more then raul in last 2 season ....

Trezeguet's job IS to SCORE just like Inzaghi in milan or RVN in man utd and others...
OK, what is his job then? Because whatever it is he isnt doing it very well.

Tottaly BEST Post i have ever Read !
Need glasses or reading lessons?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Dominic ] ++

Haha, yeah. The irony.

Anyway I'll join in on the DP discussion.
People have often written (me included) DP's role should be changed (to playmaker or whatever), but what I wonder is why doesn't any of the coaches see that? Is Alex bigger than the team or coach, or are we simply wrong and he doesn't suit another role??

Anyway I still feel DP has been treated over the last years way to harshly. He couldn't do anything right I felt, the press always critisized him. Back to changing his role to an assist man or a creater of the play, the press is even more resentfull to DP when he does not score.

My point is that the DP "problem" itself is an issue, but the way he is often treated is an issue as well.
Del Piero was Italy's playmaker against Wales. Result: a great game for DP and a 4-0 victory for Italy.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++
I cant see why its so hard to let go. We let go of Vialli. And still won. We let go of Baggio. And still won. We let go of Zidane. And still one. What makes people here think, Juventus cant survive without Del Piero?

Someone here mentioned Alex being the reason we lifted our past 2 scudetti. Well if 16 penalties in a season constitute an award winning performance, then even Paolo Montero can set a season on fire.

The fact remains, that Del Piero is not Juventus, and Juventus is not Del Piero. He is barely a shadow of the player he used to be. Now, his time is slowly drawing to a close. Its unfortunate his temperament couldnt take the criticsm, which may also have had something to do with the premature deterioration in his performances over the last couple of years. Having said that, we must realise, that its only for the good of the team, and its future that we let go, of the so called symbol, without letting sentiment come in the way of a wiser decision.
If you honestly do believe Juventus would have won those scudetti without Del Piero you're quite blind. Or perhaps Del Piero wasn't even the reason for Juventus being in the 1996, 1997 and 1998 CL final.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)