This Team Needs Something Badly (2 Viewers)

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Holdon ] ++
Your appraisal of Camo is spot on!
Even with about 10 typos :redface::D

Yeah shame we couldn't have picked up the likes of Robben. Whether he'd be a hit in Serie A is another thing altogether. Although he looked a good player in the Euros, he didn't exactly blitz the tournament alight, in the premiership every time he gets the ball he can quite easily go by two or three players just like that.. what hat says about the defensive nous of our leage I'm not sure.. or is he just that good?

I'm not sure whether to jump on the bandwagon so to speak and put him in my premier league dream team.. will the form continue?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++

Even with about 10 typos :redface::D

Yeah shame we couldn't have picked up the likes of Robben. Whether he'd be a hit in Serie A is another thing altogether. Although he looked a good player in the Euros, he didn't exactly blitz the tournament alight, in the premiership every time he gets the ball he can quite easily go by two or three players just like that.. what hat says about the defensive nous of our leage I'm not sure.. or is he just that good?

I'm not sure whether to jump on the bandwagon so to speak and put him in my premier league dream team.. will the form continue?
All I can say is he looks better than Ljungberg and Pires. ;)

But he looks simply amazing after being out with injury for months. I did not think Robben would have a start like this at Stamford Bridge.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
All I can say is he looks better than Ljungberg and Pires. ;)
No way! They got me a goal each today :D They're staying!

The question is to keep shaun wright phillips or get robben?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++

No way! They got me a goal each today :D They're staying!

The question is to keep shaun wright phillips or get robben?
Fantasy Football does not give points to players who look 1000 times better than others. ;)

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Camoranesi on his day is exactly what juve needs. pace is one thing, but being able to create a lot is another. in a 4-4-2 which relies on creativity on the wings, i think pace is important, but being able to dribble and pin point a cross is more important. This is why olivera seems important. he isnt the fastest player but he has very good creativity.

Looking at juve, the left side is the complete opposite to the right side. You have zambrotta making great runs with nedved cutting in with his powerful characterisics. both are hard working and the linkage play between them and also del piero is very good.

The right side sees zebina and camoranesi. zebina hasnt got half the attacking ability of zambrotta. nothing against zebina of course, he has done well at times moving forward, but he isnt zambro by any stretch of the imagination. Then you have camoranesi who is inconsistant at times, tries to dribble too much and isnt a hard worker like nedved.

At times juve look predictable because everyone can see that the players will use zambrotta, nedved and del piero on that left side rather than camoranesi on the right.

my assessment may be very general and broad as what i have put forward isnt seen like clockwork on the field. but the general play that you often see shows where juve breaks down. when the ball is on that left side, zambrotta and nedved seem to control it well. when the ball is on the right side, you often see the team lose possession due to camo running into two players when trying to dribble.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
my assessment may be very general and broad as what i have put forward isnt seen like clockwork on the field. but the general play that you often see shows where juve breaks down. when the ball is on that left side, zambrotta and nedved seem to control it well. when the ball is on the right side, you often see the team lose possession due to camo running into two players when trying to dribble.
I pretty much agree with this, and what Desmond has said

I also think our offense doesnt have the firepower or strength to score against the better defenses out there like Milan, Chelsea, Barca, etc....

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
Its a real shame that we are leaders in serie A and early next round qualifiers for CL being such a deficient team...;)

we are still in time to writ some protest letters....:D

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++

I pretty much agree with this, and what Desmond has said

I also think our offense doesnt have the firepower or strength to score against the better defenses out there like Milan, Chelsea, Barca, etc....
Barca does not have that good of a defense. If a team takes it to them all game long, they will have difficulty keeping the ball out of their net. They are also extremely susceptable on the counter as well.

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
Dec 20, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
What i've seen over the last few weeks has confirmed what i've suspected all along.this team bases everything on its defence-in attack we play like a team without a cause.we have no definite aim or purpose in the offense and attempts at the opposition attack are lacklustre,if not half-hearted.

There is no focus in attack.We lack Roma's directness or the two Milanese clubs' potency in offense.The whole attack seems lost at sea every time we venture forward and although we crowd the opposing half with players we don't seem dangerous whatsoever.Indeed Fiorentina,Messina,Bayern,Ajax and a handful of our previous opponents always seem so much more lethal and potent in attack.

Take a look at how Roma play and you'll get what i mean.They rarely have more than four players(as opposed to our 6 or 7) in the vincinty of the box but always look threatening,forever keeping the defenders on their toes and condemning the centrebacks to retreat into sweeper roles,forcing the midfielders to push back as well to help in defense.Inter attack,on the other hand,in small but distinct waves,unfathomable and disruptive to the fixed man-marking set by the opposing coach.You can never tell where the attack will come from,because Martins and Adriano nearly always run back to switch play to the opposing flank,pass to the centre or act as wingers themselves.

What we need is dynamism and a constant yet unpredictable gameplan.What i have seen so far is just neat passing and patient buildup coupled with a lot of luck.All due respect to Don Fabio and the lads,but we've scored more than we deserved.The statistics here are as flattering as they come and our problems will be exposed sooner or later.

Please Read Desmond

As a co-Juve fan, I would like to share a thought. But feel free to speak up. I am in fact, open to your ideas. Besides, we share a common interest here.

-

So would you expect us to play like Inter and be in 7th place?

Or better yet, Roma who are way way down in 15th place?

The only team who would be sane to mention would be Milan who are most balanced to all the teams you mentioned, Desmond.

Sometimes, I don't understand why people complain to our style of play.

After years of being a Juventus fan, I made a realization that this team is dedicated to defense, and I have accepted it and appreciated it. It is how football should be, organized. A true Juventino should know this by now.

I think we are doing pretty well to control the entire area of the pitch. Some of us think like Zeman, who just wants to score. This is a football game, mind you. If you wanted to see a football match such as the North London Derby which ended in a 5-4 score for Arsenal, then it would be ridiculous.

I had just recently read an article about the arrogant Jose Mourinho criticising the game for its disgraceful defending, but he's got a good point.

With a score of 5-4, how disgraceful could the defending be!? A football team is composed of mostly 3 divisions. Excepet the keeper, you have the attackers, the midfielders, and the DEFENDERS. Both managers probably we better off fielding 11-attackers each. Or at least no defenders because they probably seemed invisisble in that game.

And mind you, we have scored in almost, if not every single game we have played. It confuses me that some people talk about us being impotent and uninspired in attack.

Maybe what some of you mean is that some teams, like Milan, Inter, and Roma have FLAIR in attack. They have elegance when they go forward. But what JUVE HAVE IS POTENCTY. Check it in the dictionary. We get the job done, because we get the desired result, or have an effect to our attack.

And how can we be uninspired in attack when he have:

Scored 5 more than Milan, and 4 less goals conceded
Scored Equally as Inter, and conceded a massive 16 less goals
And Scored 4 more than Roma, and 17 goals less conceded

How can you think that we are not playing well when we are way better than these teams?

I watched a Roma game and I agree that they have flair in attack. But look at how open they are at the back, which has allowed them to lose their leads in so many games this season.

We on the other hand, have POTENCY in attack. Again, we have scored in almost every game.

Probable, Cappello is confident that we can score goals, that he concentrates on defense.

Ever heard of the saying that the best offense is a good defense?

Anyway, to wrap this up. I think we are doing mightyly well in all areas of the pitch.

I am happy with how we are playing.

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Primo ] ++

Please Read Desmond

As a co-Juve fan, I would like to share a thought. But feel free to speak up. I am in fact, open to your ideas. Besides, we share a common interest here.

-

So would you expect us to play like Inter and be in 7th place?

Or better yet, Roma who are way way down in 15th place?

The only team who would be sane to mention would be Milan who are most balanced to all the teams you mentioned, Desmond.

Sometimes, I don't understand why people complain to our style of play.

After years of being a Juventus fan, I made a realization that this team is dedicated to defense, and I have accepted it and appreciated it. It is how football should be, organized. A true Juventino should know this by now.

I think we are doing pretty well to control the entire area of the pitch. Some of us think like Zeman, who just wants to score. This is a football game, mind you. If you wanted to see a football match such as the North London Derby which ended in a 5-4 score for Arsenal, then it would be ridiculous.

I had just recently read an article about the arrogant Jose Mourinho criticising the game for its disgraceful defending, but he's got a good point.

With a score of 5-4, how disgraceful could the defending be!? A football team is composed of mostly 3 divisions. Excepet the keeper, you have the attackers, the midfielders, and the DEFENDERS. Both managers probably we better off fielding 11-attackers each. Or at least no defenders because they probably seemed invisisble in that game.

And mind you, we have scored in almost, if not every single game we have played. It confuses me that some people talk about us being impotent and uninspired in attack.

Maybe what some of you mean is that some teams, like Milan, Inter, and Roma have FLAIR in attack. They have elegance when they go forward. But what JUVE HAVE IS POTENCTY. Check it in the dictionary. We get the job done, because we get the desired result, or have an effect to our attack.

And how can we be uninspired in attack when he have:

Scored 5 more than Milan, and 4 less goals conceded
Scored Equally as Inter, and conceded a massive 16 less goals
And Scored 4 more than Roma, and 17 goals less conceded

How can you think that we are not playing well when we are way better than these teams?

I watched a Roma game and I agree that they have flair in attack. But look at how open they are at the back, which has allowed them to lose their leads in so many games this season.

We on the other hand, have POTENCY in attack. Again, we have scored in almost every game.

Probable, Cappello is confident that we can score goals, that he concentrates on defense.

Ever heard of the saying that the best offense is a good defense?

Anyway, to wrap this up. I think we are doing mightyly well in all areas of the pitch.

I am happy with how we are playing.

you guys both make good points.

the only way to solve this is get rid of Camoranesi

Primo

Dec 20, 2002
Really, did he play that badly against Lecce?

Over the times I've seen him play, I have to admit that he's made a lot of mazy runs. Although his passing sometimes, is not understandable.

Camoranesi, it 90% brilliant, and 10% horrible.

Sorry guys, but 90% of the time, he amazes me with his runs and cheeky passes.

But 10% of the time, he makes the most dumb-founded decisions.

Hey, at least we only have to trouble ourselves about him, 10% of the time.

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Primo ] ++
Really, did he play that badly against Lecce?

Over the times I've seen him play, I have to admit that he's made a lot of mazy runs. Although his passing sometimes, is not understandable.

Camoranesi, it 90% brilliant, and 10% horrible.

Sorry guys, but 90% of the time, he amazes me with his runs and cheeky passes.

But 10% of the time, he makes the most dumb-founded decisions.

Hey, at least we only have to trouble ourselves about him, 10% of the time.

against reggina he was more like 10-90

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++

you guys both make good points.

the only way to solve this is get rid of Camoranesi
Camoranesi could be inconsistant, sometimes erratic, in ocasions a wasteof time, but definitly it has a very significant role in Capello playing schemes and he is a variant that don favio will not take out of his equation.why?
Because Camo style of play is the one that is giving the contratempo in the middfield. Our left side is a vertical one, with the tandem Nedved Zambro creating a high speed corridor but in the right side we have a more ralented, impredictable manouvre of the ball, that many times open spaces to score.true,some of his services are erratic, but some also are excellent.
Camo is our more skilled middfield, in terms of dribling and one on one situations and has provoked or assisted many plays that finish in goal .
He has pressing capacity and ball recuperation, and can be moved more to the center, as was done last minutes against fiorentina.
Camo is not a superplayer but it seems to fit Capello`s neccesities in the right middfield ...most of the time, im agree with don Favio....;)

Primo

Dec 20, 2002
I think Camo, along with his imperfections, is the perfect player.

If we can't predict him, I think it's good for us because even the opponents will have a hard time dealing with him.

He is also a good technical player. He does what the coach asks him to.

I really like his "unpredictability"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)