This has got to be the funniest piece of news I've read in a while (2 Viewers)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Milan too soft for cold Scots shower!

Friday 23 February, 2007​

Milan have blamed Celtic for causing the illness of four of their star players – because of the cold showers at Parkhead!

Vice-President Adriano Galliani spoke to ‘Milan Channel’ this evening and revealed that Andrea Pirlo, Gennaro Gattuso, Yoann Gourcuff and Massimo Ambrosini are all in bed with flu symptoms.

The club doctor maintains the illness was caused by the cold showers in the Parkhead locker room after Tuesday’s 0-0 Champions League draw in Glasgow.

While the players were still in the post-match shower, a fire alarm went off that automatically cut the supply of hot water.

Galliani assures it is no laughing matter, as the four midfielders all risk missing out on Sunday’s Serie A clash with Sampdoria.

Source: Channel4

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
:wth: Every sane doctor knows colds are caused by germs, not cold temperatures. What a joke that is.
I do believe the cold temperature can have an effect on one's immune system though. That said, the reason people are more likely to catch a cold in cold weather is that they tend to stay close together indoors.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
[

The club doctor maintains the illness was caused by the cold showers in the Parkhead locker room after Tuesday’s 0-0 Champions League draw in Glasgow.

They're talking about the actual showers of the locker room, not the temperature.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I do believe the cold temperature can have an effect on one's immune system though. That said, the reason people are more likely to catch a cold in cold weather is that they tend to stay close together indoors.
That is the only reason, IMO. People are couped up close together and bacteria can travel from person to person quicker in such an environment, so its obvious what the problem is. I don't believe the temperature can have any bearing on someone's immune system, apart from the possibility that bacteria thrives in smaller volumes which could in turn bring about colder temperatures.

Mar 6, 2005
That is the only reason, IMO. People are couped up close together and bacteria can travel from person to person quicker in such an environment, so its obvious what the problem is. I don't believe the temperature can have any bearing on someone's immune system, apart from the possibility that bacteria thrives in smaller volumes which could in turn bring about colder temperatures.
Well, good thing you're not a doctor as well ;)

A colder environment reduces the effectiveness of the immune system in the body that fights off these viruses, so cold weather itself doesn't cause sickness, but it certainly helps it along.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Don't Milan realise Glasgow haven't bothered to get hot running water?

They wash so rarely down there that it doesn't seem worthwhile.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Vice-President Adriano Galliani spoke to ‘Milan Channel’ this evening and revealed that Andrea Pirlo, Gennaro Gattuso, Yoann Gourcuff and Massimo Ambrosini are all in bed with flu symptoms.
Well if these four guys sleep together no wonder they have the flu! :eyebrows:

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
Milan too soft for cold Scots shower!

Friday 23 February, 2007​

Milan have blamed Celtic for causing the illness of four of their star players – because of the cold showers at Parkhead!

Vice-President Adriano Galliani spoke to 'Milan Channel’ this evening and revealed that Andrea Pirlo, Gennaro Gattuso, Yoann Gourcuff and Massimo Ambrosini are all in bed with flu symptoms.

While the players were still in the post-match shower, a fire alarm went off that automatically cut the supply of hot water.

Galliani assures it is no laughing matter, as the four midfielders all risk missing out on Sunday’s Serie A clash with Sampdoria.

Source: Channel4
:lol: :lol: What wimps! I especially thought better of Gattuso.

:wth: Every sane doctor knows colds are caused by germs, not cold temperatures. What a joke that is.
:agree: That's right! In fact 'flu germs love warm stuffy places.

:agree: The temperatures have been quite good (warm) for this time of year in Scotland. I was talking to a guy last week, who has Italian in-laws & he said that Italians are afraid of even the slightest bit of fresh air. They keep their windows shut to keep out "the cold" even in the summer, but they would put on air conditioning, which is very often re-cycled air that they have probably already "used" & is more likely to contain air-borne viruses.
As for the "cold shower" - being cold & wet from the shower is easily countered by briskly drying yourself with a towel, & getting dressed.

Kaka1899 said:
really if Celtic are playing this game we should just leave them some buckets of water and ice in there locker room at te san siro lol
I don't think it would bother them. They're made of tougher stuff. They might use it like this though: -

:D

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
If they're worried about the cold showers, I don't want to even tell them about the toilet seats. :scared:

Particularly with a player named Maldini prowling around...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)