This fellow (Capello worship thread) (2 Viewers)

May 4, 2004
Juventus coach Fabio Capello believes his side need to bolster their defensive and midfield options in the summer.

Capello has just led Juve to their 28th Scudetto, but is not about to rest on his laurels and let the club's standards slip.

The Old Lady have scored the most goals in Serie A this term along with conceding the least, but Capello still wants to strengthen.

"I have clear ideas about who to sign in the summer," said Capello.

"We will have to see whether it will be possible to acquire them.

"I can say we do not need keepers or strikers, I can't make this any clearer.

"This has been the hardest title to win against the hardest of opponents [Milan].

"It is an honour for us because we came from behind twice.

"The key games were our wins at Stadio Olimpico against Lazio and then the San Siro win against Milan."

---planetfootball.com

FORZA CAPELLO !

Buy on AliExpress.com

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Agree(as always) with denco,:angel:

i still cant believe legro can be compared with canna,
we eyed canna long time ago, we never had a real chance to grab him because he was too expensive and we werent that desperate at the back to make a big transfer like him.
Since our defence colapsed, a big name needed, bad,
canna's bad year might fool some fans but not the specialsts like moggi,lippi,capello(and my self),
if in a big crisis like that, there wasnt the belief that canna would help, then we would never sign him(thats why we didnt sign ferrari,mexes,bonera etc etc to do that job).
I believe it wasnt neither cap's or lippi's fault that canna joined our club, it was just moggi's, he found the golden oppurtunity in an era, canna was needed badly and costed just a carini
and he made the deal!
maybe canna wasnt in lippi's sort list, just because he was too expensive to be in that list, we couldnt compete with inter's offer earlier.(and if he wasnt that cheap he couldnt be in cap shortlist either)

Maresca's transfer can only be compared to blasi's or appiah's,
maresca was nothing than a young star, emo was a world class player.

Zlatan's and DV's transfers are comperable but dont forget its juve's policy to prefere italian stars and since treze was one of our forward's we were looking for another italian to eventually replace DP, DV fitted the deal perfectly then.
Now (this season)we desperately wanted a solution in the attack as DP,DV,miccolli and even Treze seemed to be unsuficient to solve our attacking problems,Gila and cassano were too expensive for us, so we mooved for zlatan,
credits go to cap as he eyed zlatan many years back and he probably has the fault on this transfer.(but if treze and DP were fit, a young italian with zlatan's price would come)

We dont buy 3world class players every year, one for every line
esp if we won the champ two years in a row,
even if we have the money, we spend them to buy more young talents,(rather buy miccolli and maresca than just emo)
thats the club's policy, not the coach's.

I hope capello will be prooved a strong caracter and might convince moggi to spend more than the usual,
but not that much, as to bring us in roma's situation.
(i believe we could risk and spend a little more those past years,
just a little, as an investement, if we could just had a decent sub for neddy we could win that CL
and if the gap between davids and emo wasnt that much we wouldnt had that defence colapse.
anyways i hope moggi know's better, thank God we didnt end up like roma and we know have:zebina,emo,cap and possibly chivu or cassano)
My point is cap or even lippi is marely as decisive as moggi on transfer and management matters.
I dont blame cap for roma's colapse,but neither cap sould be praised as the God who came and changed the team radically where others(lippi) with the same material(founds+moggi) couldnt, thats unfair.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by - vOnAm - ] ++

Cap wasnt brought in to win us the CL cup,
post 98:confused:

++ [ originally posted by m_elayyan ] ++
Capello unveils new Juventus Friday 27 May, 2005

Juventus boss Fabio Capello has revealed his club’s summer transfer plans and objectives for the new season.

The tactician confirmed that the outfit would be looking to buy quality players in the hope of mounting a serious Champions’ League challenge next term.

"We already have some clear ideas," he told the Tuttosport newspaper. "Bringing back the European Cup to Turin is our principal objective for next season.

post 99:D

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Capello eyes Liverpool's crown Saturday 4 June, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fabio Capello's Juve continue their tour of the Far East and Fabio Capello announces his intention for next season is to conquer the Champions' League.

“The key to success is to quickly forget what you have achieved and focus on your next objective,” said the Coach. “For instance, we are already looking ahead to next season. We want to be competitive and to follow Liverpool as winners of the Champions’ League.”

Capello has won the trophy with Milan in 1994, beating Barcelona 4-0, but wants to add another precious element to his CV after taking seven League titles with four different clubs.

5,000 fans attended the Bianconeri’s training session in Hong Kong, where they will play Kitchee later this morning (UK time).

Alessandro Del Piero is still considered to be a hero in the Far East and took the opportunity to calm the Press storm between captain and Coach.

“My rapport with Capello is perfect,” said the Italian international. “This is my first time in Hong Kong and I don’t want to disappoint the fans. I scored a decisive goal in our last friendly in Tokyo, but I won’t rest on my laurels and wish to score here as well.”

OP
Chxta

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
  • Thread Starter #108

Juventus have now been crowned champions of Italy for the 28th time but a number of people had already assigned them the title on May 28, 2004. It was on that day that the football world awoke to the astonishing, simply unbelievable news, that Fabio Capello was the new Bianconeri boss.

It was widely expected that Monaco’s Didier Deschamps had pipped Cesare Prandelli for the Turin hotseat, following the departure of five-time Scudetto winner Marcello Lippi. Yet it was the man who once claimed he "would never join Juve" who was asked to return the Old Lady to her former greatness.

Don Fabio certainly had the pedigree to take on such a role. After all, he won the championship at his first attempt with Milan, before collecting three more with the Rossoneri, and Real Madrid. He later even won a Scudetto at Roma, a club who have incidentally gone through four tacticians since his departure less than a year ago.

There is no doubt that Capello has been the most important factor in the outfit’s rejuvenation after last season’s disappointing campaign. He came in with clear ideas and the club expertly met his transfer needs by signing Emerson, who was a key player under him in Rome, plus Fabio Cannavaro and Zlatan Ibrahimovic – two men he’d tried to net for some years while in the capital. The title, despite Milan’s efforts, duly followed.

Yet don’t expect the Juve faithful to be singing his name in the streets of the northern city too loudly. He may have again installed their club as champions of Italy but a certain amount of hostility remains. The fans have forgiven Emerson and Jonathan Zebina for their Roman past, but Capello is still tainted with numerous anti-Juve outbursts and his treatment of crowd favourite Alex Del Piero hasn’t helped either.

It’s something that Capello, a former Juve player, seemingly doesn’t have a problem with though. He’s been able to retain his professionalism and simply get on with the job he was hired for, with grit and determination that now characterises his side.

"My footballing philosophy is linked to that of (Juve legend) Gianpiero Boniperti," said Capello in pre-season. "I once asked him whether the result is the most important thing, he replied by informing me that it isn’t the most important thing but it is the only thing that matters. I think you can only enjoy football if you win, therefore I ask the fans to judge me on my results."

The Juventini may not be ready to offer their love to the tactician but they will have to admit he’s done well with what he’s had to work with. Nobody is suggesting that the club don’t have world class players but their squad is weaker than Milan’s options and possibly even those of Inter. Fortunately Capello’s brain was enough to nullify Milan’s beauty.

"He deserves great merit, especially as I think Milan and Inter do have better squads," former Torino boss Giancarlo Camolese recently stated. "Yet Capello has been able to get the best out of his players."

Ex-Juventus defender Sergio Brio has also paid tribute to Capello. "This Scudetto belongs to him," he suggested. "Perhaps no other Coach has made such an impact on a Juventus title. He’s perfectly looked after the changing room, even if a few people have criticised him for being too tough, especially with Del Piero. But the results say it all and let us not forget that Juve have been top of the table from start to finish."

Although undone by Rafael Benitez’s ‘catenaccio’ in the Champions’ League this season, Capello’s latest success has underlined his status as one of Europe’s master tacticians. Replacing Lippi was never going to be easy for the Italian giants but they may well have substituted the ‘best’ with someone even better. This, ominously for their rivals, may not be Capello’s first and last League title in Turin…

From Channel 4

Maher

Juventuz addict
    Dec 16, 2002
    I did not see a coach celebrate like capello did at the last day , did you see him carry the juve flag with the 28 on in and run on the track , this coach has passion more than lippi , he is our man to get the cl next season:fero:

OP
    Chxta

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004
  • Thread Starter #110
    ++ [ originally posted by m_elayyan ] ++
    I did not see a coach celebrate like capello did at the last day , did you see him carry the juve flag with the 28 on in and run on the track , this coach has passion more than lippi , he is our man to get the cl next season:fero:
    ...and to stay a wee while longer...

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Cronios ] ++

post 98:confused:

post 99:D
    he wasn't brought in to win the CL cup, he was brought in to rebuild a squad after a failed season, but now we have the possibility to win the CL so it is his current target.

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
    Last year and this year, Juventus number1 objective was the CL,
    ofcourse to do that,u have to have a strong solid team,
    i believe no coach can work wonders and do that in just one year,
    Juventus managers have great expectations,
    Cap isnt God, but he did good enough,
    now the pressure is on his soulders,
    he will considered a failure if he doesnt win the CL.
    I find this unfair and i will be pleased with the third star

May 4, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Cronios ] ++
    Last year and this year, Juventus number1 objective was the CL,
    ofcourse to do that,u have to have a strong solid team,
    i believe no coach can work wonders and do that in just one year,
    Juventus managers have great expectations,
    Cap isnt God, but he did good enough,
    now the pressure is on his soulders,
    he will considered a failure if he doesnt win the CL.
    I find this unfair and i will be pleased with the third star
    thats right.. if we win serie A next year, and only reach like semi finals in CL Then it would be a great season imo!! ofcorse winning the cl would be fantastic... :)

Forza Capello !

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Juve_Kosova ] ++

thats right.. if we win serie A next year, and only reach like semi finals in CL Then it would be a great season imo!! ofcorse winning the cl would be fantastic... :)

Forza Capello !
    Well we can aim for the doubles if Gila + Cassano were to be here, and with Mozart at our squad, we will be 1 of the deadliest teams ever.

And grab the Coppa if they want to :D

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    To win the big two would be a dream,but IMO what we need is a great midfield star if we want both.Nedved is a mere shadow of the Ballon D'Or winner we all knew, we need someone who can carry the team on his shoulders when the going gets tough.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)