This fellow (Capello worship thread) (6 Viewers)

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by DelpieroForLife ] ++

Capello had a better team under his disposal this year than the team that reached the CL final in 2003...
No need for a ponitless arguement about this case...
THIS IS TRUE WE HAD A GOOD TEAM THAT WITH A GOOD TACTICS COULD HAVE REACHED AND WON THE CL BUT LIVERPOOL GAME WAS A DISASTER

Buy on AliExpress.com

MeRs0

Jun 26, 2004
Capello had a better team under his disposal this year than the team that reached the CL final in 2003...
No need for a ponitless arguement about this case...
Yes, but what is the point ?
Its all about what teams you face and how good the opposite team is.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Juve_Kosova ] ++

true.. and he did it with a nedved on a form that he will NEVER EVER reach again in he's life (same goes for Buffon, allthru he can get in that form again).... with a trezeguet not being as much injiurd as this season, with a Fantastic Zambrotta...

Forza Lippi
Forza Capello
Forza Juventus !
exactly he had the same tools cap has today and even less,
he used them more efficiently,
u mentioned4key players, their form and motivation are depended on the coach, lippi also had his fair portion of accidantion and a few flu problems,
IMO he was done by the suddenly defence problems
and that was done by davids lack of contribution that eventualy exausted and pushed our defence over its limits

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by MeRs0 ] ++

Yes, but what is the point ?
Its all about what teams you face and how good the opposite team is.
pool wasnt a better team,
there have been severe tactical mistakes
-(the long ball-against an english team sindrom)
-we failed to stop the games rythm by making our traditional game
(fouls in the midfield that will stop play speed)
-man to man guard at set pieces
(zebina was marking with his eyes in that corner because he was ordered to do)
-low morality(the stars and heart of the team, neddy and DP always subbed without a reason) they feel finished, they didnt at lippi's era

OP
Chxta

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
  • Thread Starter #66
    Juventus have now been crowned champions of Italy for the 28th time but a number of people had already assigned them the title on May 28, 2004. It was on that day that the football world awoke to the astonishing, simply unbelievable news, that Fabio Capello was the new Bianconeri boss.

It was widely expected that Monaco’s Didier Deschamps had pipped Cesare Prandelli for the Turin hotseat, following the departure of five-time Scudetto winner Marcello Lippi. Yet it was the man who once claimed he "would never join Juve" who was asked to return the Old Lady to her former greatness.

Don Fabio certainly had the pedigree to take on such a role. After all, he won the championship at his first attempt with Milan, before collecting three more with the Rossoneri, and Real Madrid. He later even won a Scudetto at Roma, a club who have incidentally gone through four tacticians since his departure less than a year ago.

There is no doubt that Capello has been the most important factor in the outfit’s rejuvenation after last season’s disappointing campaign. He came in with clear ideas and the club expertly met his transfer needs by signing Emerson, who was a key player under him in Rome, plus Fabio Cannavaro and Zlatan Ibrahimovic – two men he’d tried to net for some years while in the capital. The title, despite Milan’s efforts, duly followed.

Yet don’t expect the Juve faithful to be singing his name in the streets of the northern city too loudly. He may have again installed their club as champions of Italy but a certain amount of hostility remains. The fans have forgiven Emerson and Jonathan Zebina for their Roman past, but Capello is still tainted with numerous anti-Juve outbursts and his treatment of crowd favourite Alex Del Piero hasn’t helped either.

It’s something that Capello, a former Juve player, seemingly doesn’t have a problem with though. He’s been able to retain his professionalism and simply get on with the job he was hired for, with grit and determination that now characterises his side.

"My footballing philosophy is linked to that of (Juve legend) Gianpiero Boniperti," said Capello in pre-season. "I once asked him whether the result is the most important thing, he replied by informing me that it isn’t the most important thing but it is the only thing that matters. I think you can only enjoy football if you win, therefore I ask the fans to judge me on my results."

The Juventini may not be ready to offer their love to the tactician but they will have to admit he’s done well with what he’s had to work with. Nobody is suggesting that the club don’t have world class players but their squad is weaker than Milan’s options and possibly even those of Inter. Fortunately Capello’s brain was enough to nullify Milan’s beauty.

"He deserves great merit, especially as I think Milan and Inter do have better squads," former Torino boss Giancarlo Camolese recently stated. "Yet Capello has been able to get the best out of his players."

Ex-Juventus defender Sergio Brio has also paid tribute to Capello. "This Scudetto belongs to him," he suggested. "Perhaps no other Coach has made such an impact on a Juventus title. He’s perfectly looked after the changing room, even if a few people have criticised him for being too tough, especially with Del Piero. But the results say it all and let us not forget that Juve have been top of the table from start to finish."

Although undone by Rafael Benitez’s ‘catenaccio’ in the Champions’ League this season, Capello’s latest success has underlined his status as one of Europe’s master tacticians. Replacing Lippi was never going to be easy for the Italian giants but they may well have substituted the ‘best’ with someone even better. This, ominously for their rivals, may not be Capello’s first and last League title in Turin…

Aug 26, 2003
    Tribute to Capello i think he was a main factor for winning this title! altough we didn't play the most beautiful soccer, we managed to get good results and after the horrible last season we won Scudetto and got to the quarter in CL.

looking forward to next season!

forza juve!

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
    Oct 27, 2004
    Thanks Fabio!

For making a winning team out of a thin group of quality players, you still managed to write history. Im really happy right now :D I hope he and Emerson stays next season to win it again ;)

Maher

Juventuz addict
    Dec 16, 2002
    The Don and only
    Fabio Capello has delivered the Serie A title at his first attempt with Juventus. Football Italia pays tribute to the master tactician.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus have now been crowned champions of Italy for the 28th time but a number of people had already assigned them the title on May 28, 2004. It was on that day that the football world awoke to the astonishing, simply unbelievable news, that Fabio Capello was the new Bianconeri boss.

It was widely expected that Monaco’s Didier Deschamps had pipped Cesare Prandelli for the Turin hotseat, following the departure of five-time Scudetto winner Marcello Lippi. Yet it was the man who once claimed he "would never join Juve" who was asked to return the Old Lady to her former greatness.

Don Fabio certainly had the pedigree to take on such a role. After all, he won the championship at his first attempt with Milan, before collecting three more with the Rossoneri, and Real Madrid. He later even won a Scudetto at Roma, a club who have incidentally gone through four tacticians since his departure less than a year ago.

There is no doubt that Capello has been the most important factor in the outfit’s rejuvenation after last season’s disappointing campaign. He came in with clear ideas and the club expertly met his transfer needs by signing Emerson, who was a key player under him in Rome, plus Fabio Cannavaro and Zlatan Ibrahimovic – two men he’d tried to net for some years while in the capital. The title, despite Milan’s efforts, duly followed.

Yet don’t expect the Juve faithful to be singing his name in the streets of the northern city too loudly. He may have again installed their club as champions of Italy but a certain amount of hostility remains. The fans have forgiven Emerson and Jonathan Zebina for their Roman past, but Capello is still tainted with numerous anti-Juve outbursts and his treatment of crowd favourite Alex Del Piero hasn’t helped either.

It’s something that Capello, a former Juve player, seemingly doesn’t have a problem with though. He’s been able to retain his professionalism and simply get on with the job he was hired for, with grit and determination that now characterises his side.

"My footballing philosophy is linked to that of (Juve legend) Gianpiero Boniperti," said Capello in pre-season. "I once asked him whether the result is the most important thing, he replied by informing me that it isn’t the most important thing but it is the only thing that matters. I think you can only enjoy football if you win, therefore I ask the fans to judge me on my results."

The Juventini may not be ready to offer their love to the tactician but they will have to admit he’s done well with what he’s had to work with. Nobody is suggesting that the club don’t have world class players but their squad is weaker than Milan’s options and possibly even those of Inter. Fortunately Capello’s brain was enough to nullify Milan’s beauty.

"He deserves great merit, especially as I think Milan and Inter do have better squads," former Torino boss Giancarlo Camolese recently stated. "Yet Capello has been able to get the best out of his players."

Ex-Juventus defender Sergio Brio has also paid tribute to Capello. "This Scudetto belongs to him," he suggested. "Perhaps no other Coach has made such an impact on a Juventus title. He’s perfectly looked after the changing room, even if a few people have criticised him for being too tough, especially with Del Piero. But the results say it all and let us not forget that Juve have been top of the table from start to finish."

Although undone by Rafael Benitez’s ‘catenaccio’ in the Champions’ League this season, Capello’s latest success has underlined his status as one of Europe’s master tacticians. Replacing Lippi was never going to be easy for the Italian giants but they may well have substituted the ‘best’ with someone even better. This, ominously for their rivals, may not be Capello’s first and last League title in Turin…

OP
    Chxta

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004
  • Thread Starter #75
    There was no fanfare to greet Juventus's Serie A title win on Friday. While some will feel deflated by the absence of celebrations, the club's coach Fabio Capello probably enjoyed the absence of theatricals.

A grimace or a growl is the usual expression on Capello's face, in public at least, but after the seventh league title of his impressive career, he surely enjoyed a private smile.

Juve won the title without kicking a ball on Friday as Milan's 3-3 draw with Palermo left them four points clear with Capello's old club having only one game left to play.

A press ban imposed by Juve officials on players and coaching staff, designed to avoid the bitter rows and lurid accusations that often accompany a title run-in, left only the television pundits to analyse the 28th title to go to the Turin club.

Zvonimir Boban, the Croatian who was part of Capello's glorious Milan side in the 1990s and now works on Italian television, had no doubt that Capello had been the decisive factor in the race for the 'scudetto'.

Like so many of those who have played for Capello, Boban speaks like a man who spent years under the command of a particularly tough but universally respected coach.

The Juve win confirms a simple but powerful fact -- Capello has won a league title with every club that has employed him.

He had four domestic triumphs with AC Milan, as well as the 1994 European Cup, and a Spanish title with Real Madrid before he delivered AS Roma's first championship win in 18 years.

Unable to build on that success at Roma, a club coping with financial problems in the boardroom and clashing personalities in the dressing room, Capello returned to the north at the end of last season to take over from Marcello Lippi at Juventus.

PERFECT SENSE

It was a move that surprised many but a decision which made perfect sense for a club like Juventus who value continuity and character.

Lippi had won five titles for Juve and, like his predecessor, Capello is a man who demands steely discipline and unquestioning professionalism. As some Roma players were to lament, he takes no nonsense from his staff and expects and almost always receives the maximum respect.

It was a curious historical quirk that Capello joined Juventus as a coach in the same manner as he did as a player -- from Roma in circumstances which left no shortage of rancour in the capital.

As an indicator of his impact on clubs, the way in which Roma have fallen to pieces since his departure says as much as Capello's swift success at the Delle Alpi stadium.

On Sunday, Juventus will parade their 'scudetto' in the sunshine in Tuscany as they play out their penultimate game against Livorno while Roma will be at Bergamo battling against relegation.

The squad list at Roma is not hugely different to the one Capello left the club with.

Roma, who have tried four different coaches since Capello left them, go to Bergamo on Sunday to face Atalanta knowing that a defeat could sink them into the relegation zone.

Less than a year after he left, the club which was dreaming of European glory under Capello now finds itself staring at Serie B.

The changes at Juventus have all been positive however as Capello has brought in players who he was convinced would enable him to compete with his old club Milan.

Italy international Fabio Cannavaro in the centre of defence, Brazilian Emerson brought from Roma in midfield and Swedish striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic were injections of quality that created a new spine for the team.

The mark of Capello's quality is the way he has brought about improvements in the performance of players already on the club's books such as Lilian Thuram and Mauro Camoranesi

Capello's next target is to return Juventus to the top in Europe after their disappointing quarter-final exit in the Champions League to Liverpool this season.

It surely hurts Capello that he was unable to make that step up with Roma whose efforts in Europe were well below expectations and the only good news for Italian rivals Inter and Milan is that next season Capello will probably have his eye on Europe.

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    Thank you Capello for winning the scudetto, thank you Milan for not knowing how to combine Cl run with scudetto glory of rather for Ancellotti for not making good use of a superb squad, thank you Inter for drawing too many games.
    But fair play to Juve for winning at Milan, doing the double over, okay admittedly useless roma and Lazio

But i am still annoyed with the abject surrender to Liverpool, if not then i would totally be praising Capello, but i just cannot bring myself to doing that cos of our overall football and it summed up perfectly with us not kicking a ball to win it
    Milan just giving it to us

Maher

Juventuz addict
    Dec 16, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
    Thank you Capello for winning the scudetto, thank you Milan for not knowing how to combine Cl run with scudetto glory of rather for Ancellotti for not making good use of a superb squad, thank you Inter for drawing too many games.
    But fair play to Juve for winning at Milan, doing the double over, okay admittedly useless roma and Lazio

But i am still annoyed with the abject surrender to Liverpool, if not then i would totally be praising Capello, but i just cannot bring myself to doing that cos of our overall football and it summed up perfectly with us not kicking a ball to win it
    Milan just giving it to us
    I agree , the way we lost to liverpool is still hard to believe :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)