This fellow (Capello worship thread) (1 Viewer)

Mar 6, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Tino ] ++
He gave Olivera a chance!
And Olivera use the chance. I dont know what he told him but he is a very good talneted player! :)

ciao
Forza Juve
Forza Olivera
But he REALLY needs to control his temper! He can't go around grabbing people's throats every few seconds for a bad tackle.. DP should give him a few lessons on how to take them gracefully.. (a la cufre.. :thumb: )

Buy on AliExpress.com

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
I was thinking of letting Olivera play for the Chievo game as he was fresh and would boost our attack, but I never expected him ot get a direct red card and now he is banned for 2 games. Sheesh, this is wad u get when u failed to control ur temper.

Tino

Il Tedesco
Feb 1, 2005
I cant get it! he was so happy about the goal, and 20 sec. later, he grabbed somebody very bad in the face!
But many urugayan players are like this! (look in our team, Montero) ;)

ciao forza juve

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
I cant get it! he was so happy about the goal, and 20 sec. later, he grabbed somebody very bad in the face!

ciao forza juve
I can't recall an instance in which Zala did a thing similar to wad u said.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
Actually I would disagree about not motivating Trez - perhaps some might say substituting Del Piero against Real was a sensible thing to do, but I thought Capello rather took a risk and showed a great deal of faith in Trez to allow him to play. Plus Trez stated that Capello didnt explain to him any tactics whatsoever, he just told Trez to win the game. Trez played better in that game than any of his comebacks from injuries this season, and I think Capello at least contributed to that.
You seem to forget that this same Trez, scored in both legs the last time we met Real. I didnt see the game but I was told and also from the highlights that I saw , it was told to mentioned we played a lot better in the 3-1 win against a better Real madrid than this one.

Capello is a very good coach, do not get me wrong but people always seem to overstate what he brings to clubs, yes he has made our defence better than last season but is it better than the season Iuliano, Ferrara and Montero were playing out of their skins?

He has won titles with Milan , Roma and Real but with the exception of Roma, he has been heavily favoured teams.

I was totally impressed with what he did with Roma but I always like to see what and how he has improved players or make substitutions that have turned games, not just score goals, but actually change the way his team has played to turn losing into wins or draws.

I remember Lippi's first season at Juve and we played Parma, away, we battered them but were losing 1-0, Lippi made a substitution and low and behold we went on to win 3-1 with Ravanelli scoring 2, and he did that a lot that particular season

This season we are here losing to Sampdoria at home, Palermo away, drawing with Messina and putting in embarassing displays against Caliagri and Chievo due to chronic lack of ideas where a manager is meant to earn his corn

Lippi did a fantastic job at first Atalanta and then post Napoli where he got them into Uefa before his wonderful journey with us, his last legacy to us, was converting Zambrotta from an average right winger to one of the best left backs

Wenger, time and time again has unleashed gems, like Vieria, Henry, Anelka, made average players like Petit into world beaters and discovering starlets like Fabregas and almost everyone who has left him at Arsenal has flopped badly

Ask any Arsenal fan where they were before he came to where they are now and with no money

Last season Arsenal went the entire season without losing by spending 750,000 on Lehmann and then in January on Reyes and they got to the quarters of cl which is exactly where we are now, having spent big money on Emerson, Zlatan and Cannavaro and we are joint first or second and ppl are making Capello to be a genius, funny aint it

May 30, 2004
cappello is a good coach .. not the greatest ... i like him ... not a worship thread though... he hasnt achieve anything yet... a win on real is nice and good performances but umm nothing won yet so be friends with him now ... worship him later when he earns it ?!?!

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
thats right, we will jugde him in the end.
our defence were bought, not made by cap,
i dont see buffon,zambro,montero,iuliano etc etc to be any better this season.
the good thing is, this old man isnt as dam (he thinks and reacts too slow) as i believed,
he came up with the trident(even if he did it too slow) after any juve supporter demand it for some weeks, as it seemed to be the right choice back then for everyone but cap

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
In many parts they call him Mr. simpatia, ironically. And, obviously, he doesnt have the class and coolness of Marcello Lippi.
But make no mistake,his numbers said it. Favio Capello is one of the most succesful trainers in football history.period.

Dr-Juve

Mar 11, 2004

ciao forza juve
actually most of south america players are alike in this

OP
Chxta

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
  • Thread Starter #50
    My first memory of Don Capello is of him celebrating a 4-0 victory over a wonderful Barcelona side in the European Cup final of ’94. Since then, he has consistently proven to be the very best.
    A string of titles at Milan. Then to Real Madrid. The Meringues at that time were in poor shape; not for long however. Along with the former president Sanz, a string of masterful signings from Capello transformed Madrid and gave them a foundation which I believe led to their successes in the last decade: Mijatovic, Roberto Carlos, Suker, Seedorf to name but some. Needless to say, Madrid won the title that year, the only season The Don spent in the Spanish capital. The next season with the same team Real won the European Cup once again. Perhaps one day he will return to perhaps the most famous club in the world.

It was a surprise to me when he was announced as the new Roma coach. Perhaps Capello likes a challenge, as the team from the capital had not won Serie A since the eighties. Once again the transfer market was dipped into and an ageing Gabriel Batistuta was signed for a massive $30m. The fee was, however justified. Batigol along with Totti et al gave Roma the Serie A title in Capello’s first season in charge, a remarkable achievement considering the competition.

Unfortunately for Roma they are experiencing ‘Capello fallout’ this season. It highlights the achievements of the The Don, true he took Emerson with him to Juve, but there was more to Roma than the Brazilian.

When I heard he had taken the job at Juventus I knew the Old Lady was in for some success. It would be premature to say Juve will win the title this season but after their wonderful win against the Rossoneri, they are odds on favourites. Emerson, Cannavaro and Ibrahimovic gave a new spine to a team that craved new blood. If Juve do indeed win the title it will be a fantastic achievement. A mostly injured Trezeguet, and an up and down Del Piero hasn’t stopped Juventus topping the table for most of the season, with arguably an inferior squad to the close competition.

Although undone by the tactically brilliant Benitez in Europe, Capello has cemented his position as the top coach in world football. It is ironic that Mourinho, a budding master, also lost out to the Spaniard’s tactics in Europe this year.

The only thing left for Don Capello is the international stage. If he can achieve things with Italy in the future, Capello will be a name never to be forgotten.

Dec 26, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
    You seem to forget that this same Trez, scored in both legs the last time we met Real. I didnt see the game but I was told and also from the highlights that I saw , it was told to mentioned we played a lot better in the 3-1 win against a better Real madrid than this one.

Capello is a very good coach, do not get me wrong but people always seem to overstate what he brings to clubs, yes he has made our defence better than last season but is it better than the season Iuliano, Ferrara and Montero were playing out of their skins?

He has won titles with Milan , Roma and Real but with the exception of Roma, he has been heavily favoured teams.

I was totally impressed with what he did with Roma but I always like to see what and how he has improved players or make substitutions that have turned games, not just score goals, but actually change the way his team has played to turn losing into wins or draws.

I remember Lippi's first season at Juve and we played Parma, away, we battered them but were losing 1-0, Lippi made a substitution and low and behold we went on to win 3-1 with Ravanelli scoring 2, and he did that a lot that particular season

This season we are here losing to Sampdoria at home, Palermo away, drawing with Messina and putting in embarassing displays against Caliagri and Chievo due to chronic lack of ideas where a manager is meant to earn his corn

Lippi did a fantastic job at first Atalanta and then post Napoli where he got them into Uefa before his wonderful journey with us, his last legacy to us, was converting Zambrotta from an average right winger to one of the best left backs

Wenger, time and time again has unleashed gems, like Vieria, Henry, Anelka, made average players like Petit into world beaters and discovering starlets like Fabregas and almost everyone who has left him at Arsenal has flopped badly

Ask any Arsenal fan where they were before he came to where they are now and with no money

Last season Arsenal went the entire season without losing by spending 750,000 on Lehmann and then in January on Reyes and they got to the quarters of cl which is exactly where we are now, having spent big money on Emerson, Zlatan and Cannavaro and we are joint first or second and ppl are making Capello to be a genius, funny aint it

Capello is great, but I would choose Lippi over him anyday...
    Lippi represent Juve's mentality and he is the best coach Juve ever had...

Maher

Juventuz addict
    Dec 16, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by DelpieroForLife ] ++

Capello is great, but I would choose Lippi over him anyday...
    Lippi represent Juve's mentality and he is the best coach Juve ever had...
    capello is more tactical than lippi , he is more experienced with many teams in and outside italy

Dec 26, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by m_elayyan ] ++

capello is more tactical than lippi , he is more experienced with many teams in and outside italy
    I would never say that Capello is more experienced than Lippi :eek:
    Beside...

Anyone who might take charge of the glorious Milan of 1990-1995 would easily win package of titles...

And don't forget that Capello's comeback to Milan in 1997-98 season was extremely disappointed as he finished the season miles behind Juventus and Inter who batteled for the Scudetto,
    In the other hand Lippi made an impressive comeback to his Juve side wining them two consequtive Scudettos and reaching the CL final for his fourth time after three disappointed years for Juve with Anceloti...

May 4, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Cronios ] ++
    He will be when he will reach the CL final,
    Lippi did this without emo,canna and zlatan
    true.. and he did it with a nedved on a form that he will NEVER EVER reach again in he's life (same goes for Buffon, allthru he can get in that form again).... with a trezeguet not being as much injiurd as this season, with a Fantastic Zambrotta...

Forza Lippi
    Forza Capello
    Forza Juventus !

Dec 26, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Juve_Kosova ] ++

true.. and he did it with a nedved on a form that he will NEVER EVER reach again in he's life (same goes for Buffon, allthru he can get in that form again).... with a trezeguet not being as much injiurd as this season, with a Fantastic Zambrotta...

Forza Lippi
    Forza Capello
    Forza Juventus !
    Capello had a better team under his disposal this year than the team that reached the CL final in 2003...
    No need for a ponitless arguement about this case...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)