Their Good Times... (1 Viewer)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
I'm sure we've all been in pain reading the sports section of the news lately. It looks like this pain will continue through the summer as our beloved team is still being torn apart, day by day, player by player, last season's fearsome Juventus now seems like a distant dream.

This time last year, we would laugh off rumors that linked our top stars to other clubs. Sites like tribalfootball.com constantly provided us with the "joke of the day." This time around, everyone's telling those old jokes, but without a single Juventino's chuckle.

Given the sad mood, I think we should all vent and find an outlet. However I personally think that we should steer away from one form of outcry; We shouldn't be bashing the same players and coaches whom we've shared so many good memories with.

Therefore, let's celebrate the good times. Let's look at the positive and put our energy into supporting the new team that will take Juve back where it belongs.

I'll start off with Thuram, the man who in his first season helped get Juventus back to winning ways with her first scudetto in 3 years. It was the season that saw a dramatic facelift to la vecchia signora when she (surprisingly) went on a spending spree where Buffon and Nedved also joined.

My fondest memory of Thuram was his reaction to scoring against Milan in the first leg of 02-03 season. In a counter attack, he ran the length of the pitch and slotted home a perfect assist from Del Piero. He could hardly believe it let alone the rest of the players. Even Buffon joined the celebration and ran all the way to him (almost like he did with Grosso's goal against Germany)

EDIT:

What good memory do you remember? (About any player who left Juve recently or will most likely leave.)

Note: The purpose of the thread is clear. Please don't post verbal diarrhea about Juve's ex-players.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Majed

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
  • Thread Starter #4
    Elvin said:
    Unfortunately bad things are remembered longer, man :(

So, Fuck Thuram, Crapello and Emerson.
    Read the title again, then read your post. It's not rocket science.

Geof

May 14, 2004
    Elvin, you are pathetic.

Imagine you work for a big company. You work well there, you're happy and succesful.
    Then a day arrives when you hear that there has been cheating somewhere, and the company is severely penalised. They lost most of their clients. The news is that the top employees (like you) will be asked to renegociate a lower contract, because the company can't afford big wages anymore.

What are you going to do? Stay there with a smaller salary, and dealing with small clients in small deals? Or go to another company who's offering the pay you used to have, and gives you the opportunity to work at the highest level, with the best people and all.

What are you gonna do?

If you stay, you're a loyal hero (thank you Ale!).

If you leave, you're normal. Noone can blame you.

Good luck to Puma and Canna!!
    Thank you Thuram and Zambrotta!

OP
    Majed

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
  • Thread Starter #7
    Geof said:
    Elvin, you are pathetic.

Imagine you work for a big company. You work well there, you're happy and succesful.
    Then a day arrives when you hear that there has been cheating somewhere, and the company is severely penalised. They lost most of their clients. The news is that the top employees (like you) will be asked to renegociate a lower contract, because the company can't afford big wages anymore.

What are you going to do? Stay there with a smaller salary, and dealing with small clients in small deals? Or go to another company who's offering the pay you used to have, and gives you the opportunity to work at the highest level, with the best people and all.

What are you gonna do?

If you stay, you're a loyal hero (thank you Ale!).

If you leave, you're normal. Noone can blame you.

Good luck to Puma and Canna!!
    Thank you Thuram and Zambrotta!
    That's the worst analogy i've read!! All you did was replace "Juventus" with "a company" :D

In any case, please guys. Save the debate for all the "anti" threads. :wallbang:

Thank you Sebastian. :thumb: That was a great season. Juve and Milan where neck and neck. It's worth noting that Del Piero had a solid season too.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    Don't you love it how last season Cannavaro gave us more points than Zlatan did?

Cheers to you Fabio, go show them Spaniards what defending is all about.

SiccSense

Jul 4, 2006
    I love to reminisce in the past, my favourite memory of Emerson happened yesterday infact, when he decided to sign with Real and leave Juventus. Hallelujah.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
    zambro superb blocking save against milan`s pippo in 2004/2005 season. it was a counter attack from milan sheva-pippo, juve players where running back to defens but buffon was forced to leave the goalline for block, but the ball kept moving and zambro run towards the goal and making the crucial block to prevent pippo scoring a certain goal.

but i guess it doesnt matter anymore :cry:

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
    May 7, 2004
    Majed said:
    Thank you Sebastian. :thumb: That was a great season. Juve and Milan where neck and neck. It's worth noting that Del Piero had a solid season too.
    It was a great season, the best two weeks of my life, well almost. The best two weeks of my life were a month ago when I went to germany and saw 4 games :weee:

In 2002 I went to torino for 2 weeks, saw juve-milan then juve-toro the following weekend. Met nedved and gigi inbetween, and got the play with the juve youth team :smoke:

On del piero, i saw his goal against torino live, but it wasnt until we saw the replays back at home that I realized just how crazy it was :shocked: (i think it was a nedved freekick, and DP redirected it out of the air, with his heel)

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
    May 7, 2004
    For me, the best juve experience was Juve - Torino, the day after I had a 15 minute chat with pavel nedved (my favorite player). He scored the 3rd goal, and the entire stadium was chanting "Pavel, Pavel, Nedved"

OP
    Majed

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
  • Thread Starter #15
    Sir Sebastian said:
    It was a great season, the best two weeks of my life, well almost. The best two weeks of my life were a month ago when I went to germany and say 4 games :weee:

In 2002 I went to torino for 2 weeks, saw juve-milan then juve-toro the following weekend. Met nedved and gigi inbetween, and got the play with the juve youth team :smoke:

On del piero, i saw his goal against torino live, but it wasnt until we saw the replays back at home that I realized just how crazy it was :shocked: (i think it was a nedved freekick, and DP redirected it out of the air, with his heel)
    That was amazing.... though i actually still have my doubts about that goal. :D

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
    May 7, 2004
    Majed said:
    That was amazing.... though i actually still have my doubts about that goal. :D
    From where we sat, about 20 rows up, just above the half-line, it just looked like a Nedved freekick on which the keeper screwed up terribly. Once they announced DP as the goalscorer, we figured he had just got his head on it....until I saw that replay :shocked:

And the Buffon penalty save, when it was 4-0 :touched: :D

OP
    Majed

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
  • Thread Starter #17
    Sir Sebastian said:
    For me, the best juve experience was Juve - Torino, the day after I had a 15 minute chat with pavel nedved (my favorite player). He scored the 3rd goal, and the entire stadium was chanting "Pavel, Pavel, Nedved"
    Look at least season's serie A Table, and see under the "Lost" column for Juve. that was the only serie A game I watched :down: :wallbang:

Did watch the Super Coppa in NYC though. That was amazing!

Legro's best moment probably when he forced a save out of Abbiati, then Trex scored!!

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
    May 7, 2004
    Come to think of it, how many kids from california get to go to torino for 10 days and do the following:

Watch Juve beat milan.
    Watch Juve thrash Toro 4-0.
    See a Nedved goal, DP heel goal, Buffon penalty save.
    Meet, and have a lengthy conversation with, Nedved & Buffon.
    Play with the youth team for a couple hours.

I better go say thank you to my parents again :D

OP
    Majed

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
  • Thread Starter #20
    Stephan said:
    zambro superb blocking save against milan`s pippo in 2004/2005 season. it was a counter attack from milan sheva-pippo, juve players where running back to defens but buffon was forced to leave the goalline for block, but the ball kept moving and zambro run towards the goal and making the crucial block to prevent pippo scoring a certain goal.

but i guess it doesnt matter anymore :cry:
    Do you have a clip of that? I can't remember that! :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)