The Zizou homage thread. (1 Viewer)

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
there is this video on youtube, its called "living legend zidane" or something on those terms. Wonderful video, 9 mins long but totaly worth it.Shows his great technical ability, but u would've to see him to feel his presence on the field with the vision, passing,dribbling.Its all just pure genius.One of the few players that left juve to real madrid that i still loved to watch week in week out.
Proved his worth for france in this world cup same as he did in the last one(they didnt have any hope with his injury) and in euro 2004(when he single handingly took on engalnd).

all masterminds r not the perfect ppl and zidane proved that with his temper, does it take away anything from ? NO, maradona got his nose drugs but he is still the best player to ever touch a ball.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
Zidane should keep Golden Ball - Materazzi

Italy defender Marco Materazzi is hoping Zinedine Zidane will get to keep his World Cup Golden Ball Award despite his infamous dismissal in last weekend's final.

FIFA have opened an inquiry into the ugly episode in last Sunday's showpiece which saw the France captain sent off after headbutting former Everton centre-half Materazzi in the chest.

The 34-year-old could now be stripped of the award presented to him after he was named as the best player in the tournament, but Materazzi believes that would be too harsh a punishment.

'He has won that award because of what he has done on the pitch,' said Materazzi in an interview to Gazzetta dello Sport. 'He was the best.'

Zidane spoke for the first time about the incident yesterday and apologised for his reaction, before admitting he did not regret what he had done.

According to the French star, Materazzi had insulted his family - a claim which the Italian defender has denied.

'My only real provocation was to stop Zidane from jumping,' said Materazzi.

'Earlier, he had come close to scoring (with a header) and our goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon had made a superb save.

'After holding his shirt, I wasn't the first to speak.'

The Inter Milan player also hit back at accusations he over-reacted after the incident.
'I could have expected a verbal reaction but not to be headbutted,' he said.

'It's not true what (French coach Raymond) Domenech said, that I made a big drama out of it.'

Despite what has happened, Materazzi's view of Zidane has not changed.
'I have always admired Zidane,' he said.

'In fact I have one of his shirts in my closet - we exchanged our shirts after a Juventus v Perugia game.'

laffayette

Jul 11, 2006
http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/5780140

I knew he wasn't going to state what was said. I really don't want to know anymore, I just feel bad for all who were involved for different reasons. What makes me even more sad is in another article, Zidane believed he didn't deserve the Golden Ball award because of the last game. He's done so much not only for his own country but for soccer as a sport. I really don't think FIFA should strip him of the award.:disagree:

adore him still!!

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
the best players in the world know that when you get on the field people are going to take jabs at you, anything to get you off your game. I believe that materazzi didnt say anything about his mother and maybe they didnt hear eachother right. zizo is a great player but i dont adore him anymore............

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
hey look at this new angle

and also look at what happens to materazzi the following week when he gets back on the field. first zizo now this......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)