The Wish List and General Discussion Thread (13 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

alvin_89er

Apr 11, 2011
What good is it if we can't score goals?

It works both ways. We definitely need to upgrade the defense, but you can't pass on players like Aguero. He can change games in our favor much like Zlatan does for all his teams. Milan has garbage players on the sides of the pitch but a lot of quality through the middle, and that got them the Scudetto. Quality is what we lack, so that's what we need to add.
Exactly:tup:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Just looked at the league table again.

We have the second best defence away from home and the worst at home.

What is that about? Can we not cope with the pressure at home? Do we struggle to open up teams who sit back and end up over committing and conceding on the break?

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
Sunday, after the game, and team leaders will be under the curves to apologize to fans for the season a failure. An act intended by Andrea Agnelli
Meaningless gesture.

Would only be worthwhile if Agnelli personally hands out rotten produce to be thrown at Marotta and Del Neri, both tied to stakes on the pitch. Then himself fucks off.

electricRoo

Feb 27, 2011
Matri and Quag will cost 25 M together. That's not even Aguero's full cost, which will be between 35 and 45 M euros.

Buying Matri and Quag, 2 excellent fullbacks and an excellent left winger IS the way to go.
Yeah...no. And what are you going to base your attack on? Bombing crosses like no tomorrow every single game? No play through the center at all? No thank you, I'd rather have one good/great LW, capable fullbacks and an amazing striker.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Banega has an 8mln release clause?
After a little google investigation, it seems that people are being confused by Atletico having had the option to buy him for 8-10m when they had him on loan.

They didn't take that option and the release clause in his contract is actually 60m.

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
Sory guys , but i heard inter offer 15 mln E for Sanchez :shocked: but Udineze wants 20-22 mln E ??

If they menage to get him for 20 mln E it would be nice for them :cry:

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
After a little google investigation, it seems that people are being confused by Atletico having had the option to buy him for 8-10m when they had him on loan.

They didn't take that option and the release clause in his contract is actually 60m.
I'm open to correction on this, but I don't think the release clauses in Spanish contracts apply to clubs from outside of Spain.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
What good is it if we can't score goals?

It works both ways. We definitely need to upgrade the defense, but you can't pass on players like Aguero. He can change games in our favor much like Zlatan does for all his teams. Milan has garbage players on the sides of the pitch but a lot of quality through the middle, and that got them the Scudetto. Quality is what we lack, so that's what we need to add.

Sure. But that hasn't really been a problem when Quag, DP and Matri have been fully fit? There's gaping holes elsewhere on that pitch and spending 30m on an Aguero at this point, is a criminal waste of money. Aguero's quality will only be optimised when we're more secure in defense. And quality is what we lack no doubt, but it's also important to note where we lack it, and start from there.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I feel like he'll settle in a lot faster and be freer if he doesn't have to shoulder defensive responsibilities much the way Quag did last year. It may not be asked of him per se, but he might have to fall back quite a bit to help the team out given our defensive woes.

Flamez

Feb 7, 2011
With Conte, hoping for the best...

Buffon
Cassani - Bonucci - Chiellini - De Ceglie
Krasic - Pirlo - Mascherano - Hazard
Aguero - Matri​

Expecting for the worst...

Buffon
Beck - Rolando - Chiellini - Ziegler
Krasic - Pirlo - Fernando - Bastos
Quagliarella - Matri​

About DC, that's just to fit the 100M budget. I'd sign Ziegler as a backup anyway, but I rate DC higher. About Rolando and Fernando, I put them in the worst just because of the money we would lose with those nonsense deals.

Before I also thought we should improve the FBs first, but we're just going to play Serie A. A good FB mixed with a decent one would be enough until we reach CL. For example, Milan won this year's scudetto with two decent FBs. Their weakest spots, probably. Plus, I have a feeling that if we just throw Quaglia/Matri with no alternatives, one of them will flop. And Matri would be my guess.

I think we'll really spend 100M in new players. That amount will be reduced to something like 60M taking into account our sales money, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)