The Wish List and General Discussion Thread (27 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
How much did Spurs sign VDV for? Every team should make a rule of signing players Real Madrid don't play since they're obviously so motivated when they leave.

And oh yes, gimme Benzema.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
He cost like 13m I think, not sure.

And yeah thats why I was saying to my Madridrista brother, teasing him about what golden gooses their rejects have been for a decade now, hehe.

Dec 31, 2008
Monday 27 December, 2010 [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, Swiss, SunSans-Regular]
Del Neri: 'Buffon sale would be idiotic'
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Gigi Del Neri has dubbed the idea of selling Gigi Buffon “idiotic” and warned Juventus might not necessarily sign a new striker.
[/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]There have been reports for the last year that the goalkeeper could move on, with Bayern Munich, Manchester United and Zenit said to be interested.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Those rumours intensified when Del Neri warned he would have to “earn his place” back from Marco Storari when returning from injury.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]“You can’t say anything about great champions without the risk of being misunderstood,” explained the Coach in La Stampa newspaper.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]“People wanted to create controversy by suggesting I didn’t consider Buffon to be the best. I am not so crazy. Buffon has taught Coaches how to train goalkeepers for the past 10 years.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]“How could I doubt his status? I respect the condition of someone coming from a serious operation and the only doubts I will raise when he returns to training are about his fitness.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]“As for the idea of selling Buffon, that’s just idiotic. He is a treasure for this club and we believe in him.”
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Juve slipped down to fourth place in Serie A before the Christmas break and are expected to make changes in January, particularly with regards to a new forward.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]“We will not sign a new player just for the sake of making a buy, as maintaining the balance of the squad is the most important thing,” continued Del Neri.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]“We have proved that we can score through many different paths. I don’t see any 20-goal-per-season hitmen around, while Fabio Quagliarella can get over 18 without changing the way we play. I don’t want to depend on a centre-forward.”
[/FONT]

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
How much did Spurs sign VDV for? Every team should make a rule of signing players Real Madrid don't play since they're obviously so motivated when they leave.

And oh yes, gimme Benzema.
I can't see Real Madrid giving away Benz this January, they're short of strikers with Higuain being injured.

From Madrid, I'd loan Gago with an option to buy in the summer, then wait for either Dzeko or Benzema to be available next summer.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
IMO Marchisio is capable of covering the left side pretty well. I think he's calm, well composed and can defend decently. On the top of that, I would really love us to keep playing Melo - Aquilani as I think they can be a great duo. Also, if we get an attacking LB Marchisio would do well when it comes to holding the left side so I think it would be a pretty balanced squad. Pepe would be his sub.

Krasic, Quag and Adebayor would be :tup: And I think Ade would score at least 15 goals, or even 20 in the first season.

That way we'd be able to buy some wonderkid (Lucas Piazon) and settle him slowly.
Theres one thing i want to understand. How is Adebayor so much better than Gilardino? In fact why is he better any way?

Adebayor is a one season wonder, and even in that season, i didn't like him, our midfield was insanely creative in that season, and despite that he missed so many easy chances. Also, at the end of the season when we needed him most, he choked and we lost our lead in the last 6 weeks. He's the type of player that scores in bursts, you can't rely on him.

Gilardino is a better finisher and overall a more consistent player than Adebayor. Him being Italian and EU makes him a more compelling signing too, also the fact that his salary would be much less than the overpaid African.

Dec 31, 2008
Monday 27 December, 2010 [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, Swiss, SunSans-Regular]
Juve use Sissoko in Huntelaar swap?
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Juventus could solve two problems in one fell swoop by handing Momo Sissoko to Schalke 04 in exchange for Klaas-Jan Huntelaar.
[/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]The Bianconeri need to cut down their squad after an early Europa League exit and bring in a new reliable centre-forward.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]According to Tuttosport, they could resolve both issues simultaneously in an exchange with Schalke.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]The German club would take unsettled midfielder Sissoko for €8m, or part of the payment for Dutch hitman Huntelaar.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]He is no stranger to Serie A, as the former Ajax and Real Madrid forward was a flop at Milan before leaving in the summer.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]He could return to Italy for Juventus, as preferred targets Edin Dzeko, Alberto Gilardino and Giampaolo Pazzini will be difficult to prise away.[/FONT]

May 22, 2007
Gilardino is a better finisher and overall a more consistent player than Adebayor. Him being Italian and EU makes him a more compelling signing too, also the fact that his salary would be much less than the overpaid African.
And Gilardino doesn't invent holidays for himself where he decides that working isn't an option.

I do like KJH, I'd love to see a loan for the rest of the season.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I agree with Fred said about Gila, better finisher, but what I would prefer Adebayor in is that he isnt a limited poacher waiting for service 90% of the time like Gila, he is powerful and dynamic target player who moves in quite bigger radius then Gila. He is more troublesome for defenders to handle. And his finishing is good enough in general, will need more chances then Gila to score, but he also generally gets in to chances more (moves rather dynamically).

I remember that season he scored alot for Arsenal, he missed ALOT that season, but his strenght was being in to so many goalscoring chances, forces his way through defenders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)