The Wish List and General Discussion Thread (12 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
not at all. They(Brescia) want to keep this gem. :mute:
IIRC Milan already sign 'the next previos Baggio' Zigoni from Vicenza and he still don't get any chance to play..

Also there was Marco Veratti who i never heard about him again after last summer we are interested in him

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Adebayor only had one good season with us, even in that season he disappointed in the business end of the season when we needed him most.
Adebayor had a good season with city... his lack of commitment and sportsmanship are what pulls him back. The togo murders destroyed him IMO. His problems with Arsenal pushed him forward at the start of the season.

He is fast, strong in the air, a great finisher, young, Big in size... a perfect replacement for IQ/Amauri/Trez role.

We still need a creative striker though, unless diego/gio turn out to be very good as SS.

I'd pay nothing more than 15 mill for his services.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
we need a goal scoring machine, Adebayor is better than Amauri and IQ for that matter, but i dont think he'll be better than the likes of a Dzeko for example...not that it seems we can sign him anyway.

As for sissoko, it is interesting, he is a very good destroyer who struggles to pass the ball...but as it stands, Melo and Poulsen are no better and tiago cant do teh job either.

Del Neri has stated he has 4 central midfielders and they will be it so i dont see any of them being put in deals, even though i feel if teh club were smart, they would probably sell both momo and melo and bring in at least one DM who can do it all cuz that is what we need.

The dreamer mentioned 4-4-2 being pragmatic and not requiring creativeness, somewhat true but when i think of 4-4-2, i think of united back in 1999, yes it is 11 years ago and football has changed but watching how that team functioned, they had creativeness from the wings but through the middle as well. This del neri team will struggle creating centrally and this is why deigo will be so important because he will naturally drift into deep positions and fire out a lot of passes to help create from a central position. Our wingers will need to support him a lot so the 4-4-2 will look more like a 4-2-3-1 in the end.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Adebayor had a good season with city... his lack of commitment and sportsmanship are what pulls him back. The togo murders destroyed him IMO. His problems with Arsenal pushed him forward at the start of the season.

He is fast, strong in the air, a great finisher, young, Big in size... a perfect replacement for IQ/Amauri/Trez role.

We still need a creative striker though, unless diego/gio turn out to be very good as SS.

I'd pay nothing more than 15 mill for his services.
He had an inconsistent season with City, like most of the seasons he had with us. Its always been his problem, he's unreliable. One month he's one of the best in the world, and the second month he's as good as Bendtner.

You can say anything about Adebayor, but the one thing you can't say if you've watched him play is that he's a great finisher.. Far from being a good finisher actually, when at his best he makes up for that by running and moving off the ball constantly, so he can be a real nuisance to play against.

Some of the easy chances he has constantly missed with Arsenal should convince anyone that he's anything but a great finisher.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

he's a bit old and injury-prone now though.
He just turned 32. Those are still golden years for a defender. For a free, we could get a top CB for a couple of years.

Injuries are a different matter, but on a free he is soooo worth the risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)