The Wish List and General Discussion Thread (160 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Candreva would be the D'agostino we didn't sign last year, and a younger one too. Someone to architect our attack from deep or in the middle.
Are you basing this on our game against Livorno? He was Livorno's playmaker in that game and did real well.

But to clarify, based on watching him in Azzurrini for a the last couple of years, I can defenitely say that in general he isnt like D'Agostino, a deeplaying creator or such. He is more of a very tough player physically. He is not neither a trequartista or regista, even though he has good qualities on the ball, but he is more of a dynamic box to box midfielder, versatile and something between CM and semi winger, seen him fill in both.

If he is free, he would a decent signing for squad depth, nice wellrounded player. But lets not get ahead of ourselves in clamouring for him or overhyping him.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Ranocchia or Kjaer?

I have only seen Ranocchia play a handful of times, and he strikes me as a pretty confident stopper for only being 21, reading the game rather well. That's very important for a centerback, obviously. But Kjaer is only 20 and looks far beyond his years, plus has a great physical build at 6'2''.

I'd really have to go with Kjaer at this point, but he'll cost a pretty penny. Methinks he will turn out to be worth it though.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
We are linked with Moussa Sissoko. ytf do we need more midfielders(CM or DM)?.
And sky sports links us to one 16 year old full back Sergio Garcia http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11854_5698788,00.html
We certainly don't need another central midfielder, but if Moussa would be a replacement for Poulsen, then I would be for it as long as we have first strengthened the defense. Moussa looks like another beast, but can actually pass the ball, unlike his counterpart with the same name. No offense, Momo.

Jul 15, 2006
Ranocchia or Kjaer?

I have only seen Ranocchia play a handful of times, and he strikes me as a pretty confident stopper for only being 21, reading the game rather well. That's very important for a centerback, obviously. But Kjaer is only 20 and looks far beyond his years, plus has a great physical build at 6'2''.

I'd really have to go with Kjaer at this point, but he'll cost a pretty penny. Methinks he will turn out to be worth it though.
For sure dude. I have that same gut-feeling as with Hamšík way back when. Do it.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
Swedish side Djurgarden have confirmed that Juventus are interested in highly-rated starlet Carlos Garcia.

Garcia, 16, is regarded as an exciting prospect for the future and has been tipped to join a club in one of Europe's top leagues.

Tottenham have reportedly been keeping tabs on the full-back's progress but it seems Ciro Ferrara's Juve could be leading the chase for his signature.

The Italian giants have made contact with Djurgarden ahead of a possible move which could be worth 700,000 euros if Garcia progresses through to their first team.

"Yes, it is correct that Juventus are interested. We haven't received any bid, but they have met and discussed this," Djurgarden board member Ingvar Carlsson told Expressen.

"If he does move, then it is just left for us to congratulate the boy.

"I hope that he will be helped socially, not just on the pitch."

-----
Skysports.com

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
^^ the figure being bandied about for Simon is 12M Euros...sounds like a steal IMO
Problem might be all the English top teams are after him aswell, and I think he said he wants to play in the EPL?

If we can beat them to it though.. " done deal that shit! " for 12m.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
Problem might be all the English top teams are after him aswell, and I think he said he wants to play in the EPL?

If we can beat them to it though.. " done deal that shit! " for 12m.
Only Liverpool could offer him 1st team football, we certainaly can here, and probably the champions league unlike the soon to be rafaless club.

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #9,714
    Swedish side Djurgarden have confirmed that Juventus are interested in highly-rated starlet Carlos Garcia.

Garcia, 16, is regarded as an exciting prospect for the future and has been tipped to join a club in one of Europe's top leagues.

Tottenham have reportedly been keeping tabs on the full-back's progress but it seems Ciro Ferrara's Juve could be leading the chase for his signature.

The Italian giants have made contact with Djurgarden ahead of a possible move which could be worth 700,000 euros if Garcia progresses through to their first team.

"Yes, it is correct that Juventus are interested. We haven't received any bid, but they have met and discussed this," Djurgarden board member Ingvar Carlsson told Expressen.

-----
    Skysports.com
    Didn't we give him a trial last year?

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    Are you basing this on our game against Livorno? He was Livorno's playmaker in that game and did real well.

But to clarify, based on watching him in Azzurrini for a the last couple of years, I can defenitely say that in general he isnt like D'Agostino, a deeplaying creator or such. He is more of a very tough player physically. He is not neither a trequartista or regista, even though he has good qualities on the ball, but he is more of a dynamic box to box midfielder, versatile and something between CM and semi winger, seen him fill in both.

If he is free, he would a decent signing for squad depth, nice wellrounded player. But lets not get ahead of ourselves in clamouring for him or overhyping him.
    More or less I was basing it on the fact that he is a midfielder, versatile and that he is coming from Udinese and is free which would piss the club off.

-----
    Skysports.com
    Interesting.
    so we gave this kid a trial and let him go and now he's an aparent wonderkid?
    :shifty:

At this point, I would take either Ranocchia or Kjaer, I have a feeling after this year both will be about the same price. But we need one of the two, I hope we get one....Today was an interesting day of rumors though. How is this Garcia guy unnoticed by any of us here? Well most of us, but no one seems to know how good he is.

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    Juve serious about Ranocchia
    Monday 16 November, 2009

Juventus are planning for life after Fabio Cannavaro and would like Bari centre-back Andrea Ranocchia to fill his boots.

The 21-year-old, who is currently on loan from Genoa, has been instrumental in Bari's success this year.

He has marshalled the Galletti's defence with such success that they have conceded fewer goals than any other team in Serie A so far this season.

Juventus expect Cannavaro to retire at the end of the season and move upstairs where he will become a technical director.

Ranocchia fits with the Bianconeri's plan to rejuvenate their squad and more importantly keep it Italian after a number of foreign signings.

According to La Gazzetta dello Sport, Ranocchia's parent club, Genoa, would be prepared to start an auction for his services.

The former Arezzo youngster has attracted interest from Milan and Inter in recent months, causing his value to rise dramatically.

If Juventus fail in their bid to sign Ranocchia, then they will turn their attention to Palermo's Denmark international Simon Kjaer.

Competition to sign the 20-year-old is equally fierce, as Manchester United, Chelsea and Liverpool are also tracking him.

sweeettttt

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 160)