The Wish List and General Discussion Thread (76 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
If Cannavaro retires at the end of the season then we will need two center backs. Caceres may have not played in the center yet but he is our fourth CB and we could get Ranocchia as a backup instead of permanently signing Martin. For the starting spot Kjaer looks the best option to partner Chiello.

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #9,724
    I have no problem getting either Ranocchia or Kjaer. If we lose out on one then we MUST get the other. I don't want to end up with another Knezevic.

Garcia was a trial or whatever you want to call it and I guess if we wanted him we had to pay for him.

Like I said the other day, we should invest better in our youth ranks. We lost some magic in that lately and should be the team that scouts the best in that department.

Marcello.

iPod Account
    Jun 18, 2008
    I have no problem getting either Ranocchia or Kjaer. If we lose out on one then we MUST get the other. I don't want to end up with another Knezevic.

Garcia was a trial or whatever you want to call it and I guess if we wanted him we had to pay for him.

Like I said the other day, we should invest better in our youth ranks. We lost some magic in that lately and should be the team that scouts the best in that department.
    :agree:

We have to find those Kjaer's,Ranocchia's,Hamsik's etc before other clubs such as Genoa and Napoli get them.

I'd like to see

Motta Ranocchia Chiellini Criscito

in defense next year.An all Italian back four:touched:

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    I'd like to see

Motta Ranocchia Chiellini Criscito

in defense next year.An all Italian back four:touched:
    I'd go for more experience. It's very important for a defender and 3/4 in that line up lack experience.
    I wouldn't like to play in Europe with those 4.
    And it's not just because they're very young, but also because 3 of them haven't proven their qualities yet.

Almost completely new defense+ unproven quality+ inexperience = huge risk and probable failure.

Marcello.

iPod Account
    Jun 18, 2008
    I'd go for more experience. It's very important for a defender and 3/4 in that line up lack experience.
    I wouldn't like to play in Europe with those 4.
    And it's not just because they're very young, but also because 3 of them haven't proven their qualities yet.

Almost completely new defense+ unproven quality+ inexperience = huge risk and probable failure.
    In Serie A they most probably would be a huge success,in Europe a huge risk,agreed.

I'm willing to take risks though.How would your dream back four look like?

Ahmed

Principino
    Sep 3, 2006
    it's always the same BS...some talented youngster who either has a contract coming up, or his club's trying to sell him off by overrating him by linking him to Juve

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    I'm willing to take risks though.How would your dream back four look like?
    I don't know :confused:

I can tell you how it should look in theory, but if you ask me to put names there and make it a realistic back 4 for next year, then I can't make it.

Quality always comes first, so of course I wouldn't choose an experienced defender ahead of a non-experienced one just for the sake of it.
    So if the defenders we're talking about are all quality ones, then i'd like a more mature player next to Chiellini. Someone who knows when to do things. When to make a foul, when not to make a foul, when to be dirty, when to do some defensive tricks etc.
    For the full back positions i'd like players with great stamina, who are very good defensively and one of them to be good offensively too.

Now you put the names :D

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
    any young player, or any player for that matter.

EDIT: posted in the wrong thread :sergio:
    You're right but that Ranocchia kid is special.Either him or Bocchetti and I'm more than satisfied.

I don't know :confused:

I can tell you how it should look in theory, but if you ask me to put names there and make it a realistic back 4 for next year, then I can't make it.

Quality always comes first, so of course I wouldn't choose an experienced defender ahead of a non-experienced one just for the sake of it.
    So if the defenders we're talking about are all quality ones, then i'd like a more mature player next to Chiellini. Someone who knows when to do things. When to make a foul, when not to make a foul, when to be dirty, when to do some defensive tricks etc.
    For the full back positions i'd like players with great stamina, who are very good defensively and one of them to be good offensively too.

Now you put the names :D
    Well,to me Ranocchia is quality,despite his age and lack of experience on the highest level.I wouldn't mind Bocchetti either,anybody who knows me will tell you I've always been a fan of him.

Kjaer on the other side didn't fully convince me yet,from what I've seen.

I can't help you with the names,I have trouble finding decent defenders myself:D

From Serie A I like Bocchetti,Ranocchia and Bonucci for example.I haven't seen many matches outside of Serie A lately.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
    Aug 13, 2004
    Juve serious about Ranocchia
    Monday 16 November, 2009

Juventus are planning for life after Fabio Cannavaro and would like Bari centre-back Andrea Ranocchia to fill his boots.

The 21-year-old, who is currently on loan from Genoa, has been instrumental in Bari's success this year.

He has marshalled the Galletti's defence with such success that they have conceded fewer goals than any other team in Serie A so far this season.

Juventus expect Cannavaro to retire at the end of the season and move upstairs where he will become a technical director.

Ranocchia fits with the Bianconeri's plan to rejuvenate their squad and more importantly keep it Italian after a number of foreign signings.

According to La Gazzetta dello Sport, Ranocchia's parent club, Genoa, would be prepared to start an auction for his services.

The former Arezzo youngster has attracted interest from Milan and Inter in recent months, causing his value to rise dramatically.

If Juventus fail in their bid to sign Ranocchia, then they will turn their attention to Palermo's Denmark international Simon Kjaer.

Competition to sign the 20-year-old is equally fierce, as Manchester United, Chelsea and Liverpool are also tracking him.

sweeettttt

Great news,but inter and milan are pain in the ars.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 76)