The Wish List and General Discussion Thread (13 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Sevilla 107 (49)
Brazil 33 (25)

Find me some other striker who's proven and who'd be available for reasonable price.

Whenever i've watched him play, whether it's for Seville in CL or for Brazil (am i about to become a fanboy of Brazil too, if i think that having other brazilians in team would help Fabiano?), he has impressed me a lot. 28 is not 24, but it's not 32 either. Sure, Villa would be incredible, but the difference in price would be incredible too.
Did some quick research on ricardo Oliveira (remeber him the milan flop) just now and thats what i've found:

Betis: 46 (26)
Zaragoza: 55 (28)

It's a 2:1 ratio (same as Fabiano) in la liga even though Fabiano have scored more with the NT but my point is that even if some striker's record in la liga looked really impressive it doesn't mean that he's all that superior.

Players like Kanouté, forlan, Fabiano are all decent attackers with a similar goal ratio of 2:1 in la liga yet they're not all that superior in that role IMO. Kanoute was just an "ok" attacker in the premier league while forlan did not impress at all there yet all those 3 players record in la liga seems to be phenomenal !!

I rememebr Vieri at a certain point was scoring 7-8 goals on average a season in serie A and when he left to la liga he became the top scorer in the league with 24 goals in 24 games !!!

Personaly i never did trust strikers record specially those who play in la liga. That league is really overrated....

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Did some quick research on ricardo Oliveira (remeber him the milan flop) just now and thats what i've found:

Betis: 46 (26)
Zaragoza: 55 (28)

It's a 2:1 ratio (same as Fabiano) in la liga even though Fabiano have scored more with the NT but my point is that even if some striker's record in la liga looked really impressive it doesn't mean that he's all that superior.

Players like Kanouté, forlan, Fabiano are all decent attackers with a similar goal ratio of 2:1 in la liga yet they're not all that superior in that role IMO. Kanoute was just an "ok" attacker in the premier league while forlan did not impress at all there yet all those 3 players record in la liga seems to be phenomenal !!

I rememebr Vieri at a certain point was scoring 7-8 goals on average a season in serie A and when he left to la liga he became the top scorer in the league with 24 goals in 24 games !!!

Personaly i never did trust strikers record specially those who play in la liga. That league is really overrated....
I agree altough Vieri`s story is quite different as he was a sub in our team then he went to Atl.Madrid matured and became a better player from then he just got better went to Inter after some time lost his form became older and older and now he is playing for Atalanta if I`m not mistaken
maturing has a lot to do with it
Vieira wasn`t a great player at Milan then he went to Arsenal became a great player came to us stayed a great player and now he is at Inter still a great player altough quite wasted...

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Is it official with meelan? Jovanovic? I demand a scouting report ASAP. :p
I don't think it's official yet but I just say.

Jovanovic? Some would say he's old but he has started playing some amazing football. He plays on the left side, more focused attacking cutting inside. He's damn fast, it's really crazy...He looked like Messi tonight seriously. His dribbling is very good while he can find the net pretty often. His left leg is main but he plays and shots with right too. He has a good goal-record in Liège and very good in Serbia where he impressed every time I watched him. I'll post highlights if I find, he was just perfect scoring 2 goals in the last 10 minutes.

Krasic was as good as always. Serbian Nedved, :tup:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Krasic isnt going to Milan, doubt they would be willing to pay what CSKA would demand. Really impressive mofo, so hope it doesnt happen.

And Jovanovic is NUTS. Real nuts, but funny. Havent seen him much except CL games or such, but interesting change for him, used to be striker, now is a winger.

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #7,375
    Jovanovic, Krasic, Kacar, Subotic, Obradovic, Ivanovic...:shocked2: How many can we sign from these guys again?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)