The Wish List and General Discussion Thread (141 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
a bit on harsh on Legro, he is a pretty good CB...he's been covering our FB's absence as well, that's why he looked a lot worse
Leggro is a good backup his main problem is his lack of consistency, for example he was brilliant against Bayern then got creamed by Palermo

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Best player ever according to Bosnians.
Not true, IMO, out of the last generation since I dont know many players from before, it's Barbarez.

Meho Kodro also had a great career, he was once the best striker of the Spanish leage for Barcelona, Baljić was Real Madrid's biggest ever transfer at the time when he joined them, only to get injured in his first week there, Salihamidzic had a great career.

So no, Džeko is not even one of the best of the last 15 years, but he has potential to become a great player and he has already scored 4 goals in the last 5 games I think, after a slowish start to the season. He even scored angainst Man Utd.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
No offense to the Bosnians, but I don't really trust what you have to say about the player.

It would be like me saying Landon Donovan is now a better player than Camoranesi.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Having potential is someone like Giovinco.

Dzeko is already here and is only going to get better. Which Juve striker is better than Dzeko right now? Please let me know.
Dzeko may well be on better form than Juve's strikers right now, but I don't consider Dzeko superior to any of Juve's strikers.

TBH, I wasnt the one who said that, I was only replying to Andy sarcastically saying he's Bosnia's best ever player ;)
Apologies.

I don't know how I could posssible have mixed up two people called Zlatan and Ibrahimovic.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
No offense to the Bosnians, but I don't really trust what you have to say about the player.

It would be like me saying Landon Donovan is now a better player than Camoranesi.
Ok how about me then? I think having Dzeko as our future prima punta would be awesome, he is really a quality striker who oozes class.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
:lol: andy, as soon as Bosnia is mentioned you are right there hiding in the shadows to pounce.

Though, I would not be as bold to say that dzeko is better than our current crop but I will say he is scoring some goals which between our four is hard to come by as of late.

I have spoken to some of my friends in Germany who watch bundesliga like a religion and granted it is strictly their opinion, they hold this kid in high regard. He is lighting up the bundesliga again. Bosnian or not, I could careless but he is a goalscorer and I would definitely not say no if we went after him.

For some reason we have no consistency up top this year, we may have to hit the market to find it....

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
:lol: andy, as soon as Bosnia is mentioned you are right there hiding in the shadows to pounce.

LOL yeah :lol: He is quite persistent to put it mildly, some US-bosnia bickering from a long while ago I recall, and since then he draws blood whenever anything bosniak is mentionned, admirable tenacity :D

Anna_Rahas

Oct 8, 2009
Hi I'm new here and certainly don't want to offend anyone but considering how much (quality and quantity) service our forwards are getting I can't really blame them for not scoring. I agree Dzeko could be great but I doubt he'd score much more if we have the Poulsens of the world getting the ball forward (to the stands).

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
It's not Poulsen's job to service the forwards.

If you want to blame a lask of service, blame Diego, Giovinco, Camoranesi, Grosso and players who are in the team to create chances.

Anna_Rahas

Oct 8, 2009
Okay you're sort of right there, because I meant if we just launch long balls a la hoping hoping, our forwards really have no chance of scoring. It was meant to be more of a statement that even if we get Villa or whoever we won't score too much, simply because of the mids and fb's.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
the worst thing is that Ciro mentioned that he does want to see us employ that kind of tactic in our play, yet Poulsen thinks he is the Danish Pirlo and tries them anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 141)