The Wish List and General Discussion Thread (22 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
:lol: I have to agree with the Bosnians here though, that on current form, he is superior to our strikers. That is painstakingly obvious to see. A lot of you keep singing Luis Suarez's praises, but in my opinion Dzeko has accomplished just as much in a more competitive and tougher league.

The Dutch Eredivisie is a "Mickey Mouse" competition these days, that even the Cypriot league could give it a run for its' money.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Dude is quality, its painstackingly obvious to see.
:agree: Indeed he is. Strong powerful player, very good in the air and is surprisingly good technically as well. Gave Vidic and Rio a horrid time in the CL, i like him very much. Deserves to be playing for a top club if you ask me.

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #7,345
    :lol: I have to agree with the Bosnians here though, that on current form, he is superior to our strikers. That is painstakingly obvious to see. A lot of you keep singing Luis Suarez's praises, but in my opinion Dzeko has accomplished just as much in a more competitive and tougher league.

The Dutch Eredivisie is a "Mickey Mouse" competition these days, that even the Cypriot league could give it a run for its' money.
    I wouldn't say no to both. They could play well together.

Salvo

J
    Dec 17, 2007
    would love him here, but saying he is better than our strikers is silly

form is temporary class is forever, letsd see if dzeko is class or form.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
    Iaquinta has scored 4 goals in 540 minutes against a very quality opposition (goal in 125 minutes, or a goal in 2 out of 3 games), Dzeko has scored what, 6 or 7 goals in fucking Bundesliga? He may be a very good player just like Vinny, but he is no superstar yet

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
    Jan 26, 2009
    Neither is Iaquinta. He scores 1 out of 5 chances presented to him, which amounts to a grand 20% conversion rate (and I think I am even being generous here); he has the first touch of a mule, and is sometimes extremely selfish.

Don't get me wrong, I am neither advocating the need for Dzeko, nor am I claiming he is better than Iaquinta. I am just attempting to be objective here.

As for your Bundesliga comment, within the coming 2-3 seasons they will steal Italy's 4th CL spot. Serie A is not the once "almighty" competition it used to be, as evidenced by our suicidal form (on 3 separate occasions when we had major blips) under Ranieri last season. However, we still managed to finish 2'nd, which goes a long way to showing the level of competition we were up against. Ibra and Kaka defecting to greener pastures also deems your disregard for the Bundesliga somewhat suspect.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
    Jun 18, 2006
    Iaquinta has scored 4 goals in 540 minutes against a very quality opposition (goal in 125 minutes, or a goal in 2 out of 3 games), Dzeko has scored what, 6 or 7 goals in fucking Bundesliga? He may be a very good player just like Vinny, but he is no superstar yet
    .66 doesn't lie about Vinny

Amauri is .00

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
    Neither is Iaquinta. He scores 1 out of 5 chances presented to him, which amounts to a grand 20% conversion rate (and I think I am even being generous here); he has the first touch of a mule, and is sometimes extremely selfish.

Don't get me wrong, I am neither advocating the need for Dzeko, nor am I claiming he is better than Iaquinta. I am just attempting to be objective here.

As for your Bundesliga comment, within the coming 2-3 seasons they will steal Italy's 4th CL spot. Serie A is not the once "almighty" competition it used to be, as evidenced by our suicidal form (on 3 separate occasions when we had major blips) under Ranieri last season. However, we still managed to finish 2'nd, which goes a long way to showing the level of competition we were up against. Ibra and Kaka defecting to greener pastures also deems your disregard for the Bundesliga somewhat suspect.
    So do we need another Iaquinta up there or do we actually need a younger version of DP or Trez up there? Vinny is a fine player and so is Dzeko, but we should aim higher than Dzeko, Huntelaar and these types of players. I'm not going to use the famous Juve material phrase, but strikers shouldn't just sell our shirts, they should be the ones, who can win us games.

Well Sanmarino league has one spot in CL just like Danish league does, but do you think their leagues are equal? Or Serie A right is on the same number of team's as England, but does it mean that the playing level is the same? Sure, UEFA ranks does tell a thing to you, but it's not the whole story. Don't try to convince me, that a side like Wolfsburg would be capable of winning Serie A anytime soon like they did in Germany, no matter how shit you consider Serie A or Ranieri, who actually did a decent job until the CL exit (or should i call it Sissoko exit?).

May 22, 2007
    So do we need another Iaquinta up there or do we actually need a younger version of DP or Trez up there? Vinny is a fine player and so is Dzeko, but we should aim higher than Dzeko, Huntelaar and these types of players.
    So it's all about whether Dzeko can step up from Bundesliga or not, similar to Trez when he was in France? Or do you mean a player like David Villa?

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
    So it's all about whether Dzeko can step up from Bundesliga or not, similar to Trez when he was in France? Or do you mean a player like David Villa?
    Well when Trez joined us he had already scored that golden goal in European Championships and shown that he belongs to the elite. But yes, i mean a player like David Villa, even Luis Fabiano would not be too shabby.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
    Well when Trez joined us he had already scored that golden goal in European Championships and shown that he belongs to the elite. But yes, i mean a player like David Villa, even Luis Fabiano would not be too shabby.
    Whenever people praises Fabiano a certain Ricardo Oliveira comes into my mind. I honestly can't understand what people see in the guy.

Yes he's a decent attacker with a decent goal-scoring record (similar to Oliveira in he's la liga years) but the guy is allready 28-29 and he's just starting to shine on the international scence (last 2-3 years).

Is he really all that great that people are praising him so much these days :rolleyes:

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    Whenever people praises Fabiano a certain Ricardo Oliveira comes into my mind. I honestly can't understand what people see in the guy.

Yes he's a decent attacker with a decent goal-scoring record (similar to Oliveira in he's la liga years) but the guy is allready 28-29 and he's just starting to shine on the international scence (last 2-3 years).

Is he really all that great that people are praising him so much these days :rolleyes:
    No, I see him as one of the best strikers with great finishing who would be available most likely. So what if he's 28? I'd probably still consider buying Drogba even if he's 31yo. No, goal scoring record is not similar to Oliveira's, it's much better and it's not 2-3 years. He's been in Sevilla for like 4 seasons already and he's been playing for Brazil for 5-6 years.

Sevilla 107 (49)
    Brazil 33 (25)

Find me some other striker who's proven and who'd be available for reasonable price.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007

Whenever i've watched him play, whether it's for Seville in CL or for Brazil (am i about to become a fanboy of Brazil too, if i think that having other brazilians in team would help Fabiano?), he has impressed me a lot. 28 is not 24, but it's not 32 either. Sure, Villa would be incredible, but the difference in price would be incredible too.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)