The Wish List and General Discussion Thread (85 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
What more do you want? Our most trusted defensive players are still young Chiellini and Molinaro, despite serious injuries De Ceglie and Marchisio get their starts and chances, even Ariaudo and Ekdal got 3 games (all from the bench for swede). Giovinco was held on the bench for long parts of season, but you didn't really expected we will change our system or consistently bench our star players for youngster who plays his first serious season for club senior team? Of course i would've loved if Giovinco could start 24-25 games like Nedved or Del Piero, but his time will come. We ain't no Arsenal, but definetly not grave-yard of youngsters.
Apparently you don't get it. There is nothing wrong with playing talented youngsters. Nobody is asking for us to play with eleven starters under the age of 23, but we can't even start ONE player under the same age consistently, for probably the dumbest of reasons.

When was the last time we consistently fielded a youngster on this team? It's probably the Del Piero of the 90's.

There is no reason why we cannot take more chances on younger players, using our own and purchasing some talents, unless we really do hate young players.

Not playing Giovinco more is simply inexcusable.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Apparently you don't get it. There is nothing wrong with playing talented youngsters. Nobody is asking for us to play with eleven starters under the age of 23, but we can't even start ONE player under the same age consistently, for probably the dumbest of reasons.

When was the last time we consistently fielded a youngster on this team? It's probably the Del Piero of the 90's.

There is no reason why we cannot take more chances on younger players, using our own and purchasing some talents, unless we really do hate young players.

Not playing Giovinco more is simply inexcusable.
Just to make things clear. The way you are presenting this problem (I see it as a problem because I'm all for using youngsers consistently) is that it has been with us since the glory Moggi days to the horrible current days. Right?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Just to make things clear. The way you are presenting this problem (I see it as a problem because I'm all for using youngsers consistently) is that it has been with us since the glory Moggi days to the horrible current days. Right?
I suppose one could say that. But we did start using Alex consistently when he was about 21.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
We never had a youngster as talented as Del Piero though.
Perhaps Henry, who was 21-22 when he was here, but for some reason Moggi decided to get rid of him.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Keep saying that and one day we'll be convinced but until then every article about Juventus you can analyze it to bash the board.

A few days ago I replied to two posts of yours. You looked like you spent energy of thirteen building workers only to bash the board. Search and find them and you'll see what I mean.

That's what I call over analysis. UNNECESSARY
I call it as i see it, when i see it fit, i even praise our boards action.
It is not my fault that they make more mistakes than wise choices.
I have also explained extensively that i dont do it on purpose, i just consider this our greatest weakness for the known reasons.
I will not! i cannot ignore what history has already proven, they have repeated the same mistakes many times already and every bad move has been a rumor before it was confirmed.
I am not accusing anyone, just showing my disagreement with a certain possible choice.
If this rumor become reality, then it confirms my sincere and unbiased disagreement!! As my accordance to another rumor confirms my sincere approval of a possible move!

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
The thing is, in the last 7 years or so, apart from Zlatan and Sissoko we didn't even spend money on players younger than 24.

Zidane was 23 when we bought him, Inzaghi was 24, Trezeguet was 22-23, Baggio was 23, Davids was 24, Buffon was 23.

Our main players were brought to the team when they were pretty young. But after the summer of 2001 the most expensive players we bought were Emerson, Di Vaio, Amauri, Legrottaglie, Cannavaro, Andrade, Tiago, Vieira etc.

CAPITANO

58 ' SUPER SIC ' 58
Jul 12, 2006

According to Tuttosport these are the players that are staying and leaving.

First column: Players that are staying

Second column: Could go either way

Third column: Players that are going

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #2,390
    wtf do they know? I can do these kinds of predictions every day and a name or two can change every time.

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
    I dont think that Seccos has the balls to sell off one of his transfers.
    Neither that our board and coach are having the guts to admit that they made a mistake with Poulsen after the ones of Tiago and Almiron.
    So i consider highly unlikely that we have an intention to sell Poulsen right now...

OP

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #2,397
    If they even think about selling Gigi then they must get at least 50m for him and a good replacement like Marchetti, Frey...With the money left they could really make a club to challenge for every major trophy. If they keep Gigi(I hope) then we can build a solid squad but not a contender on all fronts. We could win Serie A though. It all depends on the budget.

Apr 17, 2009
    Yeah I can't really see Poulsen leaving after one summer. I wouldn't mind keeping him to be fair. He hasn't had the best luck with injuries and his playing time has been very limited.

I hope we can offload Almiron and Tiago though.

Apr 17, 2009
    If they even think about selling Gigi then they must get at least 50m for him and a good replacement like Marchetti, Frey...With the money left they could really make a club to challenge for every major trophy. If they keep Gigi(I hope) then we can build a solid squad but not a contender on all fronts. We could win Serie A though. It all depends on the budget.
    If we do sell Gigi I would want Frey without a doubt. It would be a good piece of business for us. But with Secco controlling the transfers I'm not so optimistic. Plus, I seriously doubt Secco has the balls to make a move like that.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    Do you think Marchetti or Frey are better than Manninger? And if you think they are better, do you think they are that much better that it's worth spending big on them instead of just relying on Manninger, buying a support keeper to him and invest other places?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 85)