The Wish List and General Discussion Thread (145 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

I think if Spurs got a good offer they would let him go.

Redknapp would, I'm sure, be happy to have the cash to sign two good players that fit his 4-4-2, rather than having a very good player that doesn't quite fit in.
Modric is taylor-made to fit a 4-4-2, he played it in Dinamo, he plays it in the NT. Put him in the middle, next to a solid DM and he will organise the game throughout the match and still offer something on the defensive side.

Problem is, Harry has rotated him all around the pitch, from left wing to support striker(which does not suit him much). Modric is most effective in the dead middle where he can see as much of the ball possible, he's not the type of player which will wait for it outside the box to get a shot in. He needs to be involved with the ball as much as possible.

All that said, I believe all these rumours are rubbish as I've seen Redknapp praise Modric up to heavens in interviews, I really see him building his team around him. What he's doing now is experimenting.
Watching them I've noticed that almost all their attacks go through Modric, i believe he is really important to Tottenham and it would be a very big mistake on their part to let him go imo.
Indeed, I've seen a lot of Tottenham games this season and even when he's playing a badly, he's the only one doing something concrete. Tottenham have good individual players but as a unit they suck, you can see that from miles away. Though next year, I see them rising up when Redknapp puts the pieces together how he likes them.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Watching them I've noticed that almost all their attacks go through Modric, i believe he is really important to Tottenham and it would be a very big mistake on their part to let him go imo.
No doubt, but Spurs aren't exactly what you would call a smart club.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Modric is taylor-made to fit a 4-4-2, he played it in Dinamo, he plays it in the NT. Put him in the middle, next to a solid DM and he will organise the game throughout the match and still offer something on the defensive side.

Problem is, Harry has rotated him all around the pitch, from left wing to support striker(which does not suit him much). Modric is most effective in the dead middle where he can see as much of the ball possible, he's not the type of player which will wait for it outside the box to get a shot in. He needs to be involved with the ball as much as possible.

All that said, I believe all these rumours are rubbish as I've seen Redknapp praise Modric up to heavens in interviews, I really see him building his team around him. What he's doing now is experimenting.

Indeed, I've seen a lot of Tottenham games this season and even when he's playing a badly, he's the only one doing something concrete. Tottenham have good individual players but as a unit they suck, you can see that from miles away. Though next year, I see them rising up when Redknapp puts the pieces together how he likes them.
I'm guessing Redknapp believes Luka is too lightweight to be playing there in a 4-4-2. The English game is very fast and physical and Modric would need time. I think maybe Redknapp is doing what Arsene did with Cesc, he played Cesc all around the field until he toughened up, only then did he begin playing in his favored position in central midfield.

No doubt, but Spurs aren't exactly what you would call a smart club.
Cannot disagree there :agree:

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006

I'm not saying Modric can't play very well in a 4-4-2.

I was only questioning whether Redknapp thinks he fits in to the sort of 4-4-2 that he usually wants to play.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
I think redknapp thinks modric is too frail to play CM in the EPL and therefore puts him as a straight up AM, which I think is a wrong choice

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Fred, how's Loïc Rémy?
He's a fairly talented player. Nowhere near good enough for a big team though. Pacey player, thats a brilliant dribbler too. He's more of a fancy player than a really effective one, enjoyable to watch but not the type you'd want to sign.

Jul 15, 2006
He's a fairly talented player. Nowhere near good enough for a big team though. Pacey player, thats a brilliant dribbler too. He's more of a fancy player than a really effective one, enjoyable to watch but not the type you'd want to sign.
Thanks for the info. He's the type of player Inter are interested in signing apparently..

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Reports from Germany suggest France star Franck Ribery is ready to break with Bayern Munich, alerting Juventus.

According to Bild, the 25-year-old allegedly criticised his teammates this weekend for repeatedly slipping up in the Bundesliga.

Bayern are currently fifth in the German Championship, five points behind League leaders Hertha Berlin.

Bayern President Franz Beckenbauer believes Ribery is acting up in order to orchestrate a move away from Bavaria.

“Ribery has given me the impression of having said things with a clear intention,” Beckenbauer declared.

“It's always a problem when a player wants to leave and the club doesn't want to sell him, putting a gun to his chest.”

Juventus are looking to replace Pavel Nedved, who will retire at the end of the season, and Ribery is widely thought of as his ideal successor.

The former Marseille playmaker is arguably the best player in Europe at the moment and has scored nine goals in 22 appearances for Bayern this season.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/mar5c.html

Call me naive but all this constant news about Ribery is really making me optimistic about a possible transfer.If Secco does pull this off that should cancel any chance of a Cassano arrival & further advance Giovinco.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Call me naive but all this constant news about Ribery is really making me optimistic about a possible transfer.If Secco does pull this off that should cancel any chance of a Cassano arrival & further advance Giovinco.

That would be the ideal solution...
Even if we need to break the bank, I believe we should go for it...
Ribery is a guaranteed success for many years to come...

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Our competitors:

Chelsea

They could need wingers, whether they will play 4-4-2 or 4-3-3. Most likely they will be without both Quaresma and Malouda after this season.

Man Utd

If Ronaldo leaves, Ribery is the ideal replacement. Tevez could leave too, and United, just like Chelsea, have the money to buy Ribery.

Arsenal

Can't afford him and just bought Arshavin.

Liverpool

Considering their transfer history, it's unlikely.

Man City

Pfft.

Barcelona

This is quite possible, although Henry's been good for them. With Ribery, they'd have the most frightening attack in the world but it would be a luxury purchase.

Real Madrid

Haven't replaced Robinho properly. They have the money and the need.

Inter

If Mourinho wants to switch to a 4-3-3, Ribery would be perfect for them. I think it's more likely that they go for a playmaker like Diego however.

Milan

Beckham will be their big purchase. Maybe in 10 years.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Juventus

a shrewd management, a huge budget and a desperate need to replace Nedved puts the Turin side in pole position for the signature of French star Franck Ribery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 145)