The Wish List and General Discussion Thread (25 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Theres reports in england about stuart downing, The times newspaper there was an article mentioning Juve are interested and theyve sent scouts and will be sending over some representatives. Im failing to understand why? It however does justify someone like secco behind this. he will be mega cheap if boro go down which may seem unlikely after they beat pool but why on earth are we linked with these horrible players, More rumours possibly but i fear the worst.

Just watched Match of the day here in the UK and Downing single handedly torn Liverpool apart on virtually every attack.......HOWEVER i did notice this but Liverpool had Martin skrtel at right back and his positioning play was appauling. he hasnt played in that position in his life by the look of things but still downing did what he had to do i suppose.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Downing is an amazing talent and Juve would be lucky to get him...the skills of Johan Cruyff and the speed of Marc Overmars...Juve should break the bank to sign him

Mar 30, 2006
Downing is an amazing talent and Juve would be lucky to get him...the skills of Johan Cruyff and the speed of Marc Overmars...Juve should break the bank to sign him
:lol:

I think he is about as good as Marchionni.

But I doubt we are really looking at him .. we are interested in quality .. thats what the directors have said so I think we are only looking at players like Ribery, Diego, Silva etc..

WHo knows though we could possible get him as a squad player. He would be an improvement on Salihamidzic (when does his contract end?)

Albertmare

Idea Maker
Mar 24, 2006
Here we are wednesday night. Dont get why girls go mad over this dude.
That dude has panda eyes !
and i would kill someone else for Meeting Emma :heart:

back to topic ,
don't believe with all Downing's BS , i'm sure Secco isn't that stupid , eventhough we all know he's sucks :pumpkin:

Jul 15, 2006
News Of The World said:
Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp is planning a massive overhaul of his squad at the end of the season and Modric (right) is set to be the most surprising departure.

Redknapp has repeatedly sung the praises of the Croatian midfielder, who will face Manchester United at Wembley today.

But he will be presented with a dilemma when a couple of Serie A clubs come calling in the summer. Both Inter Milan and Juventus are keen on the 23-year-old, who has not made as big an impact in the Premier League as had been expected.

Modric has scored just once in 22 league games and has a total of just three goal from 29 starts. Although he was never expected to be prolific, it is still a disappointing return from an attacking midfielder.

And with Redknapp's preferred attacking pairing likely to be Robbie Keane and Jermain Defoe, it is difficult to see how Modric can fit into the system in the long term.

That might tempt Spurs and Redknapp into selling Modric if they can recoup the £16million they paid to Dinamo Zagreb last summer.

Modric himself might not be averse to a move away from the Premier League, which has proved to be a very demanding test for him.

Reports in Italy have suggested the Modric camp would be keen on switching to Serie A.
Hmmmmmmmm, Vlatko?

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
i saw yesterday Boro-Lpool game as well , and this Downing, was very good. Very, very fast, powerfool, and if it would be cheap, why not...

of course Diego, Silva first

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Tottenham would be very stupid to sell Modric. He should go to a team like Milan, imo they'd suit him. He'd be Seedorf's replacement.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Downing is nowhere near good enough, consistently, to replace nedved. He would be useful, perhaps, as a back up winger, but not as a first team player.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Camoranesi-Modric-Sissoko-Giovinco

DP-Amauri/Trez​

That'd be my (somewhat) realistic dream for this current Juventus. Such a compact, hard-working and creative midfield.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
No i personally don't think he would. He's been really good for Tottenham lately, and their game seems to be almost completely built around him. Only problem is Redknapp's reluctance to play him in his best position, as i feel playing Modric on the left has only restricted him, even though he does have the freedom to cut inside.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I think if Spurs got a good offer they would let him go.

Redknapp would, I'm sure, be happy to have the cash to sign two good players that fit his 4-4-2, rather than having a very good player that doesn't quite fit in.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Watching them I've noticed that almost all their attacks go through Modric, i believe he is really important to Tottenham and it would be a very big mistake on their part to let him go imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)