The Wish List and General Discussion Thread (18 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Clichy is offensively better (as in moving forward with the ball himself), quicker and better dribbler, offensive wingback, while Sagna is conservative and traditional fullback. But Clichy is too erratic offensively, too impulsive and not much in controll of what he is doing (Gibbs is smoother and more refined then him in this regard, more involved in linking with others), has great blitz runs but which have no end products (if he gets past them, he is impulsive with his runs, he generally runs too much into players and forced to pass along). Can do more individually, but when he crosses, which isnt so often be, he generally doesnt do much at all with them, he hits them very badly, like he doesnt have control at all.

Sagna is more of 2nd wave running off the ball and finding space off the shoulder of ze winger, limited offensively skill wise, but more tactical using that space and crosses decently enough, bit mediocre crosses, but fullfills this task dutifully and well enough, more involved working down his wing with others (seems more offensively willing lately), and hitting in crosses to finish off moves, in general find them to be better then Clichy's, who really, when he gets away a few, can barely get it close to any Arse player, its like a quota of 2-3 good crosses a season.
:tup:

I have my reservations over Gibbs though, he seems to have his lapses of concentration and is not as good as Clichy in defending one on ones. I'd wait and see how he develops first before thinking of selling Clichy.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
:tup:

I have my reservations over Gibbs though, he seems to have his lapses of concentration and is not as good as Clichy in defending one on ones. I'd wait and see how he develops first before thinking of selling Clichy.
Was it him who screwed up and allowed man-u to score the first goal of the second leg in the semi final of the champions league last year?

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Was it him who screwed up and allowed man-u to score the first goal of the second leg in the semi final of the champions league last year?
Yes it was. But i don't really blame him, he was rightfully nervous. An 18 year old that has barely played for the first team is thrown in the semi final of the CL and expected to perform?

I blame Wenger for putting him in such a situation.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Yes it was. But i don't really blame him, he was rightfully nervous. An 18 year old that has barely played for the first team is thrown in the semi final of the CL and expected to perform?

I blame Wenger for putting him in such a situation.
Yep that's it I remember him making a mistake but feeling sorry for him.
He seems quite similar to A.Cole in his marauding runs.
He'll be happy to know that he's my vice captain for Forest on FM09 behind Ramsey.:D

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
all 3 are very good players, would certainly love to have them playing in Turin...get rid of Tiago and PouPou, recall Ekdal and sign Candreva!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)