The Wish List and General Discussion Thread (17 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
Out--->replacement?:

Nedved---->D.Silva/van der Vaart/Diego/Drenthe
Knezevic--->Criscito
Iaquinta--->Cassano
Chimenti--->Who cares.
Andrade--->Kjaer/Bocchetti
Zanetti--->D'Agostino/Guarente/Cigarini/Galloppa/Poli
Zebina--->Zuniga/Pisano

To be frank I didn't see much of Zuniga,but from what I've read in several Italian forums he is pretty good.

Who would you choose?Oh and please don't pull a alex'10 and mention unrealistic names.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Take out Gallopa from your list, and Drenthe as the direct Nedved replacement, and I approve (especially regarding Poli ;)), minor realistic squad signings all of them except Cassano and Pavel replacement.

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
Take out Gallopa from your list, and Drenthe as the direct Nedved replacement, and I approve (especially regarding Poli ;)), minor realistic squad signings all of them except Cassano and Pavel replacement.
I liked Galloppa everytime I saw him.

I feel like Drenthe could turn out to be a really good signing for not so much money.All he needs is an environment that appreciates him.He recently refused to play as the fans whistle him everytime he makes a mistake.
Most part of our transfer budget will rightly be spend on a Nedved replacement ,we don't have the cash to buy WC replacements on all the positions,that's why I'd go for "unknown" but really talented players like Pisano,Poli&Co.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
Marceℓℓo;1904784 said:
I liked Galloppa everytime I saw him.

I feel like Drenthe could turn out to be a really good signing for not so much money.All he needs is an environment that appreciates him.He recently refused to play as the fans whistle him everytime he makes a mistake.
Most part of our transfer budget will rightly be spend on a Nedved replacement ,we don't have the cash to buy WC replacements on all the positions,that's why I'd go for "unknown" but really talented players like Pisano,Poli&Co.
I agree with you about Drenthe.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I dont mind gambling on Drenthe, he is talented, even if he is a headless chicken, totally. But WHY I dont want to sign him is you put him up as an alternative as a Nedved replacement, big NO if he is the replacement. But if he is signed outside that as a squad player, then its ok. But Pavel replacements are Diego, Silva, Ribery etc.

And Gallopa is 23 and a mediocre talent. Most of those you mentionned are midtable level players or very young ones (Poli :cool: ), so they would be just squad players. But I dont see much of any room for development for Gallopa.

Guarente is similar nice mix od player that Marchisio is and is an ok squad player. D'Agostino and Cigarini would be decent because BOTH are type of players we need, even if quality may be undetermined (unsure on D'Agostino, would gamble on Ciga), both are creative registas who would make our team fluid. Poli, even if I only seen him in 5 or so games, is a very promising technical CM IMO. We should do what we can to tie him down long term, not next season perse.

All in all, small signings most of these, just squad signings, which we should only look after if we get the quality upgrades we need, and we lose Zanetti or such, and cant sign a Top CM, but need a filler player so to speak.

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
I dont mind gambling on Drenthe, he is talented, even if he is a headless chicken, totally. But WHY I dont want to sign him is you put him up as an alternative as a Nedved replacement, big NO if he is the replacement. But if he is signed outside that as a squad player, then its ok. But Pavel replacements are Diego, Silva, Ribery etc.

And Gallopa is 23 and a mediocre talent. Most of those you mentionned are midtable level players or very young ones (Poli :cool: ), so they would be just squad players. But I dont see much of any room for development for Gallopa.

Guarente is similar nice mix od player that Marchisio is and is an ok squad player. D'Agostino and Cigarini would be decent because BOTH are type of players we need, even if quality may be undetermined (unsure on D'Agostino, would gamble on Ciga), both are creative registas who would make our team fluid. Poli, even if I only seen him in 5 or so games, is a very promising technical CM IMO. We should do what we can to tie him down long term, not next season perse.

All in all, small signings most of these, just squad signings, which we should only look after if we get the quality upgrades we need, and we lose Zanetti or such, and cant sign a Top CM, but need a filler player so to speak.
You're probably right about Drenthe.He might be too much of a gamble to replace Nedved.

We should do everything to get Poli as soon as possible.We were already linked with him in the past if I remember correctly.Considering the good relation we have with Sampdoria we stand a chance to get him before Napoli and the likes get him.

I'd probably off-load Zanetti.He's a great player but he's ageing and what is even more concerning very injury prone.Being available for ~15 matches/year isn't enough.
Cigarini did great at the start of the season before he got injured,now he is slowly but surely returning to his old self.I already wanted him before he went to Atalanta,shame we missed out on him.He wasn't sold to one of the big clubs though which means we still could get him for a reasonable price.
Guarente isn't a spectacular player and therefore people tend to underrate or not even notice him,he wouldn't be exactly what we need in CM though,that I agree with.
I'd take D'Agostino in a heart beat,but people come up with the argument that he sucks "because he failed at Roma".That's why Amauri sucks aswell, he failed at Napoli:rolleyes:

Agree on the last part.

Jack Fox

May 2, 2008
how about VdV? only thing is he doesn't have pace like diego. he has all the qualities of a CM but doesnt have the strength but CAM position would suit him.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
Sneijder is a possible replacement. He's not fitting into Madrids current system. A summer move for him might be possible
but i have went over this, he is out of shape, out of form and his attitude is shocking. would eb like signing cassano 3 years ago,great player but right now it would be a mistake

Dec 31, 2008
but i have went over this, he is out of shape, out of form and his attitude is shocking. would eb like signing cassano 3 years ago,great player but right now it would be a mistake
the slump in his form was mainly due to the injury he suffered recently. hes a misfit in madrids new formation an tactics. a change in atmosphere can help him get bak to his previous best. i have a feelin he might be a gud option for us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)