The Walking Dead! (1 Viewer)

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Not sure about that.

These undead, are a temporary thing. They'll thin out. Its about surviving, and this works best with a group.

I would try to look for a large fenced area with a green zone in it. Like a football stadium, or military base.
First, repair and develop an actual impregnable wall with a gate that can withstand 50 people pressing onto it. Survive on canned foods.

Set out to scavenge for seeds, develop agriculture and try to get chickens (egg protein), perhaps larger.

Find a fishing zone, set up a watch tower, set up a secure perimeter.

Scavenge all the fuel you can.

Its about outlasting these zombies, they are not there forever.

And yes, i took that stadium example from Fallout 4
:klin:

- - - Updated - - -

That's the thing: they are. They're not going to die any time soon and they far outnumber the healthy people. Like 10 000 to 1. The only way to outlast them would be procreation at some point, but even if you'd manage to raise a baby (with what food? And if he cries he alerts the zombies), there are little people left to have a baby with so you'd still not have many of them.

So either you start to kill all of them (which seems impossible) or you come up with a cure (even if you'd be lucky enough to have qualified people they'd still need a lab and probably functioning electricity which just isn't there).

The thing is, the point of no return has been reached in the Walking Dead. There is no way the human race would recover. Under those circumstances, not to mention the constant stress of survival which none of us are used to, we would lose our humanity very fast.
At one point we dropped under 10k and still here we are. I think you're underestimating our capabilites for survival.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Why are they not going to die any time soon ?

They are significantly underfeeding compared to their metabolic needs. They only eat living flesh and leave dead supplies (a cooked ham, a refrigeratored steak) alone. Especially with so many undead, that wont start to eat eachother, and are FAR to ineffective to hunt wildlife, they cannot keep around forever. And there have been numerous occasions in which we see how they decay over time.

Resource management. They'll die out, and they arent reproducing.

Living that breed is not an option untill a major part of the undead are gone, for the reasons you list.

But beeing able to construct a fenced perimeter, also goes along way.

hence, a stone building with a 3 inch steel door will keep out anything human that doesnt know how to handle machinery

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
:klin:

- - - Updated - - -

At one point we dropped under 10k and still here we are. I think you're underestimating our capabilites for survival.
We dropped under 10k at a time where we had survival experience as a species. And while I agree that you could argue that the most skilled of us could survive for a very long time, there was also never a population of 6 billion seemingly indestructible zombies walking around.

Why are they not going to die any time soon ?

They are significantly underfeeding compared to their metabolic needs. They only eat living flesh and leave dead supplies (a cooked ham, a refrigeratored steak) alone. Especially with so many undead, that wont start to eat eachother, and are FAR to ineffective to hunt wildlife, they cannot keep around forever. And there have been numerous occasions in which we see how they decay over time.
No, they're not. Because in the universe of the Walking Dead they don't appear to have metabolic needs. Some of them are just heads lying around and they are still trying to bite. Most importantly, they still 'live'. Even if they die from hunger at some point, it seems to take incredibly long.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
This will help you understand TWD structure:

That is....incredibly accurate

- - - Updated - - -

We dropped under 10k at a time where we had survival experience as a species. And while I agree that you could argue that the most skilled of us could survive for a very long time, there was also never a population of 6 billion seemingly indestructible zombies walking around.

No, they're not. Because in the universe of the Walking Dead they don't appear to have metabolic needs. Some of them are just heads lying around and they are still trying to bite. Most importantly, they still 'live'. Even if they die from hunger at some point, it seems to take incredibly long.
They contract muscles, so they need energy, i've noticed visual decay as they age, so their body deteriorates as its broken down to fuel their needs.

That might take incredibly long. But not "decades" long. Unless they feed.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
T

That might take incredibly long. But not "decades" long. Unless they feed.
You're not bending to the rules of their universe. Zombies make no sense. Obviously animals have a metabolism. And sometimes the show hints at the fact that zombies might have one too. But most of the time this is not evident at all.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011

I think we had far more fearsome enemies we had to deal with during the last 100k years. Especially before the fire was discovered which basically meant game over for other animals since apart from protection we could use it to process metal and develope more complexed weapons. Zombies can only roam around, arent particularly fast, the only functioning part of their brain is the one that regulates movement and that is to some extent. In due time they will decay, simple biological process.

Strength was never in numbers, but intelligence is what set us apart and made us the apex predator so I'm inclined to believe we would overcome even that kind of appocalipse.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
You're not bending to the rules of their universe. Zombies make no sense. Obviously animals have a metabolism. And sometimes the show hints at the fact that zombies might have one too. But most of the time this is not evident at all.
I swear the fatal flaw in these stories is that a moron with half a semester of physics would have to realize that zombies defy the first law of thermodynamics and thus could be harnessed as a clean, perpetual energy source.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
Not sure about that.

These undead, are a temporary thing. They'll thin out. Its about surviving, and this works best with a group.

I would try to look for a large fenced area with a green zone in it. Like a football stadium, or military base.
First, repair and develop an actual impregnable wall with a gate that can withstand 50 people pressing onto it. Survive on canned foods.

Set out to scavenge for seeds, develop agriculture and try to get chickens (egg protein), perhaps larger.

Find a fishing zone, set up a watch tower, set up a secure perimeter.

Scavenge all the fuel you can.

Its about outlasting these zombies, they are not there forever.

And yes, i took that stadium example from Fallout 4
Or maybe try and go to Washington, reverse the effects of the plague and restore order to the world.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Or maybe try and go to Washington, reverse the effects of the plague and restore order to the world.
i'm mentally broken and feel like you might be a liar. you can't do that. but i wanna believe in you, believe in a happy end. come with me, together we will make it all the way to washington.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
^This. especially seeing the second death.
I've hated him ever since the start of his relationship became so whiney and annoying
Ive always hated him. Right from the very first episode. His relationship with her was was painful to watch i hope she dies next so i dont want to have to watch her yapping and crying over him every week :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)