The verdict - Calciopoli charges announced (3 Viewers)

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Guzzler said:
a licence of some sort

"At this time, Empoli do not have a licence to play in the Uefa Cup, having failed to request it and, therefore, they cannot participate in a European competition,"
read a statement on Milan's official website.

"The time frame to request a licence has already expired, hence for AC Milan there is the possibility to play in the 2006/07 Uefa Cup."
That's a disgrace. They weren't aware they'd need one until after the deadline.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stimpy

Dec 6, 2005
i have read this

“Should Real Madrid want our players, they will have to pay,” he continued....

i always thought the players are free without paying replace .

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
The league table as it was printed by Channel 4 is false. As far as I know the league table from the last two seasons remains the same, except for Milab eing docked 44 points. Juve, Fiorentina and Lazio are relegated, but their point totals aren't effected. That basicly means that no-one finished first and the Serie A title of 2004/2005 is void.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
mikhail said:
That's a disgrace. They weren't aware they'd need one until after the deadline.
agreed, this is just a shame.If milan get to the uefa cup then this would one of the biggest injustices i have ever seen. They deducted them the exact number of points so that they would be under empoli,EXACTLY under them.And now they could get into europe on a discrepency, and get a large sum of cash.

Guzzler

Apr 14, 2006
New Juventus Coach Didier Deschamps has admitted that his side face an uphill battle to overturn a 30-point deduction and rejoin Serie A.

The ex-Bianconeri player returned to Turin last week to take on the role vacated by Fabio Capello, who has since taken the reins at Real Madrid.

However, the outfit were last night relegated to Serie B and handed a massive 30-point deduction for their part in Calciopoli.

“It’s a big handicap and it’ll be difficult to get back into Serie A at the first attempt,” conceded the Frenchman.

“It may take two seasons, but from now on we need to be at our best and see what happens.”

While it came as little surprise that Juve were relegated to Serie B following the Calciopoli verdict, the huge point deduction shocked many within the club and may ensure that the Bianconeri spend two seasons in the wilderness.

However, Deschamps’ men only have to aim for sixth place if they can win the play-offs, which would mean picking up around 96 points to achieve this.

It’s a tough task – made harder by a fixture list including Fiorentina and Lazio – but far from impossible.

The fact that Alessandro Del Piero will be remaining at the Stadio Delle Alpi is a massive boost to the cause, as Deschamps is only to aware.

“ A few days ago I spoke to Alex and he said that he would stay,” confirmed the former Monaco boss.

“He loves this club, he's a talisman and an inspiration to the other players for this campaign."

channel4.com/sport

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
Guzzler said:
New Juventus Coach Didier Deschamps has admitted that his side face an uphill battle to overturn a 30-point deduction and rejoin Serie A.

The ex-Bianconeri player returned to Turin last week to take on the role vacated by Fabio Capello, who has since taken the reins at Real Madrid.

However, the outfit were last night relegated to Serie B and handed a massive 30-point deduction for their part in Calciopoli.

“It’s a big handicap and it’ll be difficult to get back into Serie A at the first attempt,” conceded the Frenchman.

“It may take two seasons, but from now on we need to be at our best and see what happens.”

While it came as little surprise that Juve were relegated to Serie B following the Calciopoli verdict, the huge point deduction shocked many within the club and may ensure that the Bianconeri spend two seasons in the wilderness.

However, Deschamps’ men only have to aim for sixth place if they can win the play-offs, which would mean picking up around 96 points to achieve this.

It’s a tough task – made harder by a fixture list including Fiorentina and Lazio – but far from impossible.

The fact that Alessandro Del Piero will be remaining at the Stadio Delle Alpi is a massive boost to the cause, as Deschamps is only to aware.

“ A few days ago I spoke to Alex and he said that he would stay,” confirmed the former Monaco boss.

“He loves this club, he's a talisman and an inspiration to the other players for this campaign."

channel4.com/sport
Forza il Capitano!!!!!!!!:tup:

serfaraaz

Apr 14, 2005
Empoli have responded to Milan's claims by confirming they will submit an application to play in the Uefa Cup next season.

Empoli
Milan
Empoli have responded to Milan's claims by confirming they will submit an application to play in the Uefa Cup next season.

Following the outcome of the Italian match-fixing trial, Milan were docked 44 points from last season's Serie A total.

The punishment means the Rossoneri will miss out on European football next term, with Empoli in line to take up a place in the Uefa Cup.

But Milan have claimed they could pinch Empoli's spot in the competition due to the Tuscan side's lack of a licence to participate in the competition.

Empoli president Fabrizio Corsi has confirmed his club have not yet asked Uefa for the necessary licence, but will put the wheels in motion on Monday.

"We will put into action this procedure urgently," said Corsi.

"We do this due to the fact that we haven't presented the request in the foreseen terms.

"We hope our request could be accepted, also due to the consideration of the extraordinary context which emerged after Friday evening's verdicts for the match-fixing scandal.

"For us, it would be a unique opportunity for certain reasons which are not repeatable."
link http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?...695&lid=8&title=Empoli+to+apply+for+Uefa+spot

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
Morra10 said:
it will be hard but if we play good and if we play the way i know we can we will get out of serie B this season.......all we need is a play-off.
And if we manage to get something from the appeal,at least -20 points,it would be much easier.
I still believe that we might get that!

serfaraaz

Apr 14, 2005
Sul "giusto processo sportivo": un articolo interessante

15/07/2006

Ecco un articolo di grande interesse, che sembra aver colpito più di un addetto ai lavori, riguardo lo senario che potrebbe prodursi di qui a breve nel processo sportivo alla Fiorentina. L'articolo di Francesco Di Commo, professore di diritto dello sport all'università di Tor Vergata a Roma, è apparso lunedì scorso sul Corriere dello Sport Stadio:

I l primo grado del processo sportivo a calciopoli volge al termine. Le contestazioni più serie che lo hanno caratterizzato riguardano: 1) l’utilizzabilità degli elementi di prova dell’accusa; 2) la non ammissione dei mezzi di prova richiesti dalle difese; 3) la contrazione dei tempi processuali. Si tratta di delicate questioni tecnico-giuridiche, rispetto alle quali pare il caso di richiamare adesso l’attenzione degli addetti ai lavori. Più avanti sarebbe troppo tardi se si vuole evitare che il processo al calcio malato si traduca, da qui ad un mese, nell’ennesimo scontro tra giustizia sportiva e giustizia statale, con conseguente rischio di annullamento del verdetto sportivo.
Nel merito, la maggior parte delle eccezioni tecniche sollevate dalle difese non appaiono in grado di inficiarne la validità. Ad esempio, non appaiono fondate le contestazioni relative all’utilizzabilità delle trascrizioni delle intercettazioni. L’art. 36 del Codice di giustizia sportiva, infatti, attribuisce all’Ufficio indagini il potere di avvalersi «di tutti i mezzi di accertamento legale che ritiene opportuni».
Discorso completamente diverso meritano le contestazioni riguardanti i tempi strettissimi imposti per consentire l’iscrizione alle competizioni europee. Il punto non è tanto la breve durata del processo, quanto gli effetti di tale brevità: a) necessità di organizzare le difese in pochissimi giorni; b) non ammissione dei mezzi di prova (tutti, nessuno escluso) chiesti dai deferiti; c) formulazione delle conclusioni dell’accusa prima del dibattimento. Queste tre circostanze alimentano il sospetto che nel giudizio davanti alla CAF il diritto alla difesa ed al giusto processo sia stato violato, con buona pace dell’art. 111 della Costituzione. Né può obiettarsi che il processo sportivo segue regole sue proprie, visto che è lo stesso Statuto della FIGC (art. 30, comma 2) a stabilire che: «le norme relative all’ordinamento della Giustizia sportiva devono garantire il diritto di difesa». Tanto che il Codice di giustizia sportiva (art. 27, comma 8, ed all’art. 36, comma 2) impone all’Ufficio indagini di concludere il proprio lavoro circa i fatti denunciati nel corso di una stagione sportiva "prima dell’inizio della successiva", ma non dispone nulla di analogo relativamente al processo. Ed inoltre (art. 37, comma 5) consente la «riduzione», ma non la soppressione, delle liste testimoniali; stabilisce (art. 37, commi 6 e 9) che il Procuratore federale «formula le proprie richieste al termine del dibattimento»; ed attribuisce al collegio giudicante «poteri di indagine».
Il processo rischia dunque una volta sottoposto al vaglio dei giudici amministrativi, di finire in un nulla di fatto. Per di più, considerata l’irreparabilità dei danni connessi all’applicazione delle sanzioni comminate dalla giustizia sportiva, è ben probabile che il TAR già ad agosto, nelle more del giudizio di merito, accolga le istanze di sospensiva. Risultato: tutto tornerà come se il processo sportivo non ci fosse mai stato. Frattanto, però, le società condannate dalla giustizia sportiva saranno state estromesse dalle competizioni europee, e dunque si profileranno azioni di risarcimento dei danni a carico della Federazione e del CONI; mentre altre società, sentendosi defraudate, tenteranno di bloccare l’inizio dei campionati.
L’unico modo per evitare il caos appare quello di invertire subito la rotta. L’occasione è rappresentata dal processo d’appello davanti alla Corte federale. L’auspicio è che in secondo grado vengano presi in considerazione gli elementi di prova non ammessi dalla CAF, ed inoltre che i tempi tecnici concessi alle parti rendano onore al ruolo del dibattimento. Tanto potrebbe bastare a salvare l’esito dei giudizi sportivi dalla declaratoria di nullità dei giudici amministrativi. Si badi: la soluzione descritta passa, necessariamente, per una rinuncia da parte delle società deferite ad iscriversi ai rispettivi tornei europei. Ed allora, delle due una: o le società rinunciano a tale iscrizione per far salvo il proprio diritto alla difesa; oppure, rinunciano al "giusto" processo riconoscendo come prevalenti le ragioni di celerità del giudizio sportivo, così, ovviamente, pregiudicando le proprie chance di vittoria nell’eventuale successivo giudizio amministrativo.
www.fiorentina.it translation needed

Brixity

Feb 8, 2006
May be Deshamps' team will be something like this

---------------------------Abbiati-----------------------------
-Balzaretti--------Legro---------------Canna-----------Chiellini------
---Marchionni----------C.Zanetti------------Nedved-------
-----Palladino-----------Loco-----------------Del Piero(C)-

Call me crazy but I think Canna is staying. I'm not so sure about Gigi and Zambro

On the general, Serie A might have to brace itself for big player talents not wanting to come. Why come to a system where it can all suddenly explode to leave you with nothing? Its the kinda situation that makes me believe players who leave the relegated clubs will wanna go out side Italy

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
giovanotti said:
Forza il Capitano!!!!!!!!:tup:
ALE is a real captain....
like a captain doesn't leave his ship when it sinks,the same exact hing ALE is doing...
except that juve hasn't sank.
we are just facing the consiquenses of a wrong decision.
we are still alive and WE'LL BE BACK.

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
Brixity said:
May be Deshamps' team will be something like this

---------------------------Abbiati-----------------------------
-Balzaretti--------Legro---------------Canna-----------Chiellini------
---Marchionni----------C.Zanetti------------Nedved-------
-----Palladino-----------Loco-----------------Del Piero(C)-

Call me crazy but I think Canna is staying.

On the general, Serie A might have to brace itself for big player talents not wanting to come. Why come to a system where it can all suddenly explode to leave you with nothing? Its the kinda situation that makes me believe players who leave the relegated clubs will wanna go out side Italy

if canna stay then kovac will be playing beside him......and bojinov or zala will start

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)