The UEFA Cup Thread (1 Viewer)

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
And if things work out and ManU get Real, there'll be zero teams in the semis ;):cool:
Celtic and Man U are decent bets to win the cups. Of course, A.C., Barca, et al will disagree.

I agree with your sentiments about the English media, though on this occasion Liverpool were quite crap.

Giles, Dunphy and Houghton were disgussing possible replacements for Houllier afterwards crap.

Liverpool looked disoriented, and their strikers never got a sniff. Credit to O'Neill for prepairing Celtic so well.

I thought Lambert deserved man of the match. Anyone think different?

nina

Feb 18, 2001
WTG Celtic for kicking out Liverpool! :D

Great for Portugal that they have 2 candidates and they could even have a POR final, but I think Lazio will manage against Porto :) And then take the cup home to Rome.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Roverbhoy ] ++
I'm not anti English....but pro Scottish....I just want us to do well...any Scottish team....just Like Erik with his support of all Dutch team irrespective of who!
What an attitude! Let me buy you a good Belgian beer! :thumb:

The UEFAcup was more exciting last year imo, but this is good! A lot of entertaining teams still in it and I really don't know who to put my money on!

OP
dpforever

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #250
    Lazio winning the UEFA Cup and Juve lifting the Champions League playing against Milan in the final would be a dream come true. :cool:

It's difficult but keep the faith and anything can happen :cheesy:

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Ally ] ++
    I hope Celtic-Porto final and I hope Celtic wins

I just want Celtic to overcome Boavista first.
    Having watched them now I realise that they are strong and well organised. Celtic will have to be at their best to go thro'

As for Lazio-Porto...whatever team wins that game must be favourites:down:

But hey...Celtic just getting this far has made my season:D

And with Juve still in the CL anything is possible...:cool:

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++

What an attitude! Let me buy you a good Belgian beer! :thumb:

The UEFAcup was more exciting last year imo, but this is good! A lot of entertaining teams still in it and I really don't know who to put my money on!

Tell me the names of the good stuff and I'll get my beer supplier to obtain a couple of kegs for the final .......hehe:greedy::greedy:

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by nina ] ++
    WTG Celtic for kicking out Liverpool! :D

Great for Portugal that they have 2 candidates and they could even have a POR final, but I think Lazio will manage against Porto :) And then take the cup home to Rome.

Ir Boavista and Porto both win then I believe this would be the first time two teams from the same city would compete for a Euro trophy

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++

Celtic and Man U are decent bets to win the cups. Of course, A.C., Barca, et al will disagree.

I agree with your sentiments about the English media, though on this occasion Liverpool were quite crap.

Giles, Dunphy and Houghton were disgussing possible replacements for Houllier afterwards crap.

Liverpool looked disoriented, and their strikers never got a sniff. Credit to O'Neill for prepairing Celtic so well.

I thought Lambert deserved man of the match. Anyone think different?

Who did the BBC in England give man of the match too? The Scottish BBC gave it to Alan Thompson!

I think Celtic played just the right tactics....although many would say we are incapable of playing any other style..hehe

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
    Bryan, I saw your post in the pooler forum just now and I think we're battling the same issues, my friend. In Norway the English teams, above all ManU, is made up to be some kind of special phenomenon, world reference and whatnot, which severly bugs those of us who do not subscribe to that narrow mindedness. And when it happens the Englanders are dropped like bad tomatoes, it's hardly even mentioned. In contrast, triumph is celebrated in great fashion, press makes a real meal out of it.

And when your Celtic kicks pool to the curb at their own ground, the only recognition you will receive is "we didn't play so well, we were unlucky, we would have beaten them any other day".

Sound familiar? ;)

The UEFA Cup no longer exists in the national press..Scottish only.
    I payed a visit to a British Liverpool forum and the stuff I read was unreal........you would think Celtic had drugged the Liverpool players first then kidnapped their children to ensure they didn't play well...not a decent word about the 'tic....although they did wish us well and praised our fans which was something:confused:

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Roverbhoy ] ++

I just want Celtic to overcome Boavista first.
    Having watched them now I realise that they are strong and well organised. Celtic will have to be at their best to go thro'

As for Lazio-Porto...whatever team wins that game must be favourites:down:
    Well in this stage all teams are good, so you have to expect strong teams and do your best.
    And in these matches Celtic with Liverpool - Liverpool was the favourite and you went through :thumb:

But hey...Celtic just getting this far has made my season:D
    I would like to see how much Celtic will make your season, if they win UEFA Cup ;):D

And with Juve still in the CL anything is possible...:cool:
    Barca :undecide:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)