The UEFA Cup Thread (1 Viewer)

OP
dpforever

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #142
    I think Lazio and Liverpool are favourites to win this year's UEFA Cup .. with Porto just behind them ;)

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    wisla krakow's an excellent team and i hope lazio do not slip up....i'm still praying that italy will make the european double(uefa cup and CL)

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
    Well it's a given now, Wisla have no chance in hell. Shame though, would have liked to see how far they could have gone. :)
    Alex, come on, be positive. Who would have thought Celtic would beat Celta Vigo. Come on Wisla:cheesy::cheesy:

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
    Not at all...just rooting for the underdog:D...besides, maybe Lazio will be out of business by next February. There is reports here that a number of players, such as Stam, may leave if not payed soon. I wouldn't wish that on any team, but it may just happen:down:

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    I have no faith in such reports ;) They very well may be forced to sell a number of top players but they won't just go bankrupt, I really doubt that. :)

Anyway, thanks for your support, they sure will need it! :D

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
    I've just read your post under Juve...Lazio...old news then I see. Surely it must be easy to prove that Stam has been payed. Man Utd made the same statement about the balance of the transfer fee, and Lazio said they had payed all monies. Man Utd disagree and are suing are they not? So who is right? Paid or not paid?

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Well the thing with Stam was he was not paid wages, in fact no Lazio players have been paid for some time now due to their financial problems.

The deal with ManU is another thing altogether and I believe Lazio still owe money.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)