The Trouble With…Chelsea (2 Viewers)

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Elnur_E65 ] ++
All DP Lovers are Glory Hunters
Of all the fans in the world who support a particular favourite player,DP fans should be least considered to be glory hunters.Glory hunters are ones who get going when the going gets tough-for DP the going has gotten only tougher for about half a decade now!If we were indeed glory hunters we'd prolly be supporting Totti or Rooney right now...

OP
Chxta

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
  • Thread Starter #28
    People who turn out to support DP in this day and age (probably since Euro 2000) can't be considered glory hunters.

People who support Juve since that UCL final can't be considered glory hunters.

:D

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    Do you think there would be lots of people who started to support Juve after that CL final?

I would assume more people start supporting AC Milan :)

OP
    Chxta

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004
  • Thread Starter #30
    Do you think there would be lots of people who started to support Juve after that CL final?

I would assume more people start supporting AC Milan :)
    Yes, my point is that those of us who remained with Juve after that day ARE NOT glory hunters.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    I think Chelsea has made it much easier to be a Chelsea-hater, that's for sure.

On the one hand, I do have a revulsion over the concept of buying your way to a championship (Inter's track record keeps me hopeful that the Scudetto and CL aren't just up for the highest bidder). I also think that what Roman has done is create such an inequity in the game, that already was making little viable financial sense, that he is watering the seeds of the sport's economic demise.

But to hate Chelsea on other merits? I can't say it's happened to me yet. It's not like Real Madrid, where their player acquisition goal has clearly been more to sell jerseys to Asians than it has to field a complete and competitive squad. ManU has hand-over-fist money and can spend it like drunken sailors (see: Rooney), but I do admire how they have been open to bringing in young talent such as Ronaldo, Fletcher, Spector ... at least they take some risks.

Chelsea has a lot of players I admire ... and I'm sure that has a lot to do with my following of the Portugal NT. Mourinho is arrogant, but he can at least back it up. And how he dealt with Ferguson in last season's CL was legendary.

And teams that win and are successful are always going to gain both fair-weather fans and vehement critics. Juve is no exception. But for all the teams that aren't top-dollar successful out there that I do follow -- AC Parma, Sampdoria, Everton, Norwich, Villarreal, etc. -- there just isn't the TV coverage, online forums, club merchandising, etc., that makes it all that easy to follow them that closely. So it's only natural that the big clubs get my, and our, attention. Chelsea's no different.

Though for the record, I was more a Juve fan after that CL final with Milan than before it. ;)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++
    Though for the record, I was more a Juve fan after that CL final with Milan than before it. ;)
    Same here Greg.

As for Chelsea, they were my favorite EPL side from 99-2003 when they had the likes of Zola and Desailly. But now I hate them almost as much as the Arsenal and Man United lot.

juvelover

Jul 13, 2002
    now that is a wise post !!

Arsenal style of play makes me watch most of thier matches , best attck and the worst defence , the derby game with spurs man u , chelsea games , they scored 9 and conceded 10

peckface

approaching curve
    Oct 3, 2004
    Atleast they buy good players instead of famous players. I got so much more hate for Real Madrid's way of buying players than Chelseas.

And I hate ManU too, ive done so my whole life. I have no clue why.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by pecker ] ++
    Atleast they buy good players instead of famous players. I got so much more hate for Real Madrid's way of buying players than Chelseas.

Hey, Madrid and Manure are my most hated teams also! ;)

Turdhead

Chickenegro no funny
    Jan 14, 2005
    ++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
    As for Chelsea, they were my favorite EPL side from 99-2003 when they had the likes of Zola and Desailly. But now I hate them almost as much as the Arsenal and Man United lot.
    Its called jealousy.

++ [ originally posted by pecker ] ++
    Its called jealousy.

Hey, Madrid and Manure are my most hated teams also! ;)
    Its called jealousy.

Turdhead

Chickenegro no funny
    Jan 14, 2005
    Ha haa haaa!

Jealousy for what? What do those teams have that I can be jealous of?
    Money. And they both whipped you many times and will probably do it this year again :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)