The Tablet Thread (4 Viewers)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
They are my favorite Android hardware company. I want to see what happens when Google finally acquires motorola then it will get interesting
This is the second time I hear that today, I haven't read anything about it in other news sites. Can you link me to more material?

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Okay, gang, I need your input. I think I may have finally found a use for a tablet. Yes, reading stuff on it.

Does anyone read on theirs? Like ebooks? Pdfs? What's the user experience like? Can you zoom seamlessly? Can you highlight stuff or use a dictionary and is it nice to use?

Second question: file sync. What do you have to use? Usb cable? Some wifi method? Dropbox like thing?

Apr 15, 2006
I read on my phone. So reading on a tablet is something I would do if I had one. I use ePub and PDF files as well as download freebies from Amazon Kindle. You can zoom, highlight, bookmarks, dictionary, black or sepia background, it's all good.

For syncing, just move the files using AirDroid and import it through the eReader app.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I guess I'd like something like this: http://www.papershipapp.com/

Of course have no idea what it's like to actually use, I can only see what the features are. I don't mind so much if the app costs a buck as long as there's no sleazy data lock in.

Android, that goes without saying.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Okay, gang, I need your input. I think I may have finally found a use for a tablet. Yes, reading stuff on it.

Does anyone read on theirs? Like ebooks? Pdfs? What's the user experience like? Can you zoom seamlessly? Can you highlight stuff or use a dictionary and is it nice to use?

Second question: file sync. What do you have to use? Usb cable? Some wifi method? Dropbox like thing?
i use my tablet to write word documents, edit/create excel spreadsheets for work, i use it to download the latest episode of game of thrones to watch at lunch time, i use it to watch films in bed, read books browse the internet on the go via wifi or tethering via my phones 3g, its just amazing.

my nexus 7 :heart:

Apr 15, 2006
I guess I'd like something like this: http://www.papershipapp.com/

Of course have no idea what it's like to actually use, I can only see what the features are. I don't mind so much if the app costs a buck as long as there's no sleazy data lock in.

Android, that goes without saying.
Yea, something like that.

And AFAIK, apps like Google Currents, Zite and Flipboard are all free. I'm sure you can find paid apps too, but the free ones work just fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah, what about screen size? It's roughly 7' to 10' afaik. Is 7' too small to read on comfortably?
Not really. 7-inchers are comfy to hold for a longer time. You can always increase the font size, so screen size shouldn't matter.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Decided to get the Galaxy Note 10.1. Pretty nice device overall. Wonder if it's gonna turn out to be a good fit for doing stuff that requires concentration cause computers are too good at multitasking, I constantly keep switching between stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)