OP
Hambon

Hambon

Lion of the Desert
Apr 22, 2005
  • Thread Starter #42
    Moggi: Cassano? Yes, But, No...

6/22/2005 5:00:00 PM

The most powerful man in Italian football, Juventus general manager Luciano Moggi, has confirmed Juve are interested in signing Roma starlet Antonio Cassano, but then added the Bianconeri don’t have the money Roma want in exchange for the player’s services.
    “The Cassano rumours aren’t fantasy stories. We are interested in signing the player, but unfortunately we don’t have the economic resources to do so,” Moggi told Italian television station Telelombardia.

“Roma aren’t looking for players, they want cash from Cassano’s sale,” he added.

Reports from Italy indicate Roma are looking to gain 20 million Euros from Cassano’s sale, while Juventus don’t want to spend more than 10 million cash plus two players worth a total of 5 mil.

Is this all a game? Are we gonna get him or what....If we can barely scrape up Cassano....what are we gonna scrape up for our big A** Suprise....or is it all a Hoax

Jun 22, 2005
    ++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
    I'm hoping for a completely different player.

Does this smack of the Deschamps-Capello saga?
    Well, we obviously have money, despite the denial by our management, cuz we signed that massive sponsorship deal, plus finished first in Serie A. I do think Moggi is gunning for Cassano, but another player might be nice; who knows, maybe Fernando Torres or someone like him may be on the way. I agree, it does smack of the Capello-Deschamps thing. I will probably also get a lot of flak for this, but I would have preferred Deschamps to Capello. Don't get me wrong, Capello is a fantastic manager, and he was great this year for us, but something about his rapid side-changing makes me feel like he doesn't care at all about our club. Almost like he just wants to win so he can brag about it in his portfolio. Deschamps seems to have heart, and he believes in his players. He woulda been better for our teams confidence and morale... IMO of course.

OP
    Hambon

Hambon

Lion of the Desert
    Apr 22, 2005
  • Thread Starter #48
    Figo...hell no this is not a retirement home

Ashely cole?
    Ljungerg?
    Ballack?
    Aimar?
    Pizzaro?

These guys make u go humm....and then aaaahhh ....they would be great

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by WhiteWolf1771 ] ++

Well, we obviously have money, despite the denial by our management, cuz we signed that massive sponsorship deal, plus finished first in Serie A. I do think Moggi is gunning for Cassano, but another player might be nice; who knows, maybe Fernando Torres or someone like him may be on the way. I agree, it does smack of the Capello-Deschamps thing. I will probably also get a lot of flak for this, but I would have preferred Deschamps to Capello. Don't get me wrong, Capello is a fantastic manager, and he was great this year for us, but something about his rapid side-changing makes me feel like he doesn't care at all about our club. Almost like he just wants to win so he can brag about it in his portfolio. Deschamps seems to have heart, and he believes in his players. He woulda been better for our teams confidence and morale... IMO of course.
    You know thats a really interesting point. Knowing Capello's way of working, he's going to move on when he's done with his contract, hopefully he would have won us the CL by then. That again, would give him another reason not to renew. But however all this pans out, he definitely seems to be shifting the way the club works on the transfer market with short tem, quick fix alternatives (save Cassano and Mancini), that may not necessarily be the answer to our needs once hes gone.

Juventico

Apr 7, 2005
    Surprise transfer will be a midfielder, considering that Neddy said he'd consider retiring in 06 means that we need to get someone to start taking over for him.

OP
    Hambon

Hambon

Lion of the Desert
    Apr 22, 2005
  • Thread Starter #58
    Aimar, Ballack or Pizarro would definitly make my smile get wider....come on moggi do your thang!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)