The Super League (24 Viewers)

in favour of Super League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

David01

Aug 20, 2006
Does UEFA have to abide by a Spanish court ruling?
no but it's a precedent, if Juve or the other clubs take it to EU courts, this wil be taking into account, it goes against everything EU stands for and there is every chance we will win, but only lawyers get rich from this mess, why do you think we, Real and Barca won't back down, they are not afraid

Buy on AliExpress.com

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
in english:
https://www.juventus.com/en/news/articles/statement-from-barcelona-juve-real-26-05

BARCELONA, JUVENTUS AND REAL MADRID REMAIN COMMITTED TO MODERNIZING FOOTBALL THROUGH AN OPEN DIALOGUE WITH UEFA

FC Barcelona, Juventus FC and Real Madrid CF wish to express their absolute rejection of the insistent coercion that UEFA has been maintaining towards three of the most relevant institutions in the history of football. This alarming attitude constitutes a flagrant breach of the decision of the courts of justice, which have already made a clear statement warning UEFA to refrain from taking any action that could penalise the founding clubs of the Super League while the legal proceedings are ongoing.

Therefore, the opening of disciplinary proceedings by UEFA is incomprehensible and is a direct attack against the rule of law that we, the citizens of the European Union, have democratically built up, while constituting a lack of respect toward the authority of the courts of justice themselves.

From the beginning, the Super League has been promoted with the aim of improving the situation of European football, through permanent dialogue with UEFA and with the objective to increase the interest in the sport and to offer fans the best possible show. This objective has to be achieved in a framework of sustainability and solidarity, especially in a precarious economic situation such as the one many clubs in Europe are currently experiencing.

Instead of exploring ways of modernizing football through open dialogue, UEFA expects us to withdraw the ongoing court proceedings that question their monopoly over European football. Barcelona, Juventus and Real Madrid, all of them more than a century old, will not accept any form of coercion or intolerable pressure, while they remain strong in their willingness to debate, respectfully and through dialogue, the urgent solutions that football currently needs.

Either we reform football or we will have to watch its inevitable downfall.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I cant really see how Uefa could win this one. They practically cornered themselves. So they will lose either way. Any kind of monopoly or pressuring from dominant position on the market is instantly squashed by EU commisioner for competition.

Jun 6, 2015
Here we go. The natural progression of things, this is how it'll work out.
I fear it's going to be quite difficult to get some teams to join in because they fucked up that initial launch so badly. Don't see English teams being interested in joining anytime soon after what happened last time out. I think winning over the public opinion is going to be a long fight that will take years.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
I fear it's going to be quite difficult to get some teams to join in because they fucked up that initial launch so badly. Don't see English teams being interested in joining anytime soon after what happened last time out. I think winning over the public opinion is going to be a long fight that will take years.
It might take a while, but it would've anyway despite how horribly it was handled in the first place imo. The English will never join, as they will see it as a threat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)