The Super League (12 Viewers)

in favour of Super League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

electricRoo

Feb 27, 2011
Nottingham Forest is probably the only one, but that was a long time ago. Belgrade isn't really small.
Yeah, I just checked, that was in 1980, 41 years ago, it's a lifetime. Unless there's a massive catastrophe that brings humanity back technology wise to the early 1900s, football is not coming back to being about smaller teams in a single country with only fans from that city, so all the morality outcries are kind of hilarious.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
That's just bullshit.

Champions League was what it used to be. Champions League is not the same competition with WBA, Sampdoria, Frankfurt, Betis and Metz.
You don't look forward to seeing your team play again WBA and Samp, but that's how most of everyone else feels about watching Red Star in the CL (no offence).

I get why you don't like it personally but it's not really an argument against why it shouldn't happen imo.

Teams from my hometown have no chance of playing against Juve or Real lol.

Might be a nice competition
:boh:

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
You don't look forward to seeing your team play again WBA and Samp, but that's how most of everyone else feels about watching Red Star in the CL (no offence).

I get why you don't like it personally but it's not really an argument against why it shouldn't happen imo.

Teams from my hometown have no chance of playing against Juve or Real lol.

:boh:
Non taken.

I don't know why it's wrong to have Red Star there and play, even if you trash them, it's at least entertaining seeing 4-0. But that's group stages. Big guys get to face after. Having CLOSED competition because somebody minds group stages is just stupid.

I don't know how it can be normal to have a competition where it's impossible to face those teams.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Non taken.

I don't know why it's wrong to have Red Star there and play, even if you trash them, it's at least entertaining seeing 4-0. But that's group stages. Big guys get to face after. Having CLOSED competition because somebody minds group stages is just stupid.

I don't know how it can be normal to have a competition where it's impossible to face those teams.
Because these aren't fans of the sport. These are only fans of Juve. Seeing Juve get more money while everything else burns is good for 2/3rds of the people here.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
The amount of moralising in these last few days, it's just incredible. I really can't believe what we're witnessing.

Players and coaches who make millions talking about how money and greed will destroy football. Give me a fucking brake. :lol:

And then there are delusional ManC fans and others.

Not to mention these UEFA and FIFA executives and their mafia-like reasoning. Like they are honourable and everyone else is either poor and stupid, or rich and greedy.
:lol:

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Because these aren't fans of the sport. These are only fans of Juve. Seeing Juve get more money while everything else burns is good for 2/3rds of the people here.
Everyone here used to mock Bundesliga saying how it's a one horse race. Then Ligue 1 too for having PSG.

Super League fixes nothing, it just makes things even worse and it creates 10x bigger gap.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Non taken.

I agree that the closed off structure isn't great. Teams should be able to get into the competition through merit. How that will happen, I don't know because UEFA will probably make it that if you participate in SL you won't be allowed in UEFA competitions. So a team that qualifies for SL one year might be banned from CL in the following years.

May 26, 2016
This place is the only place ive seen where the majority of the people are for the super league, im honestly suprised, i dont think ive met a person who is for it
Majority of people are still buying the "UEFA is the good guys" and "Super League is driven by the bad guys" agenda portrayed by the media.

Luckily we have a critical and healthy forum here where most members discuss and make up their own opinion before swallowing shit without asking important questions.

We also have people against the Superleague here and their opinions are also well thought out and reasonable, so i respect their opinion, unlike the crybabies on social media just behaving like sheeps.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
This place is the only place ive seen where the majority of the people are for the super league, im honestly suprised, i dont think ive met a person who is for it
What's the point of watching football for me as a football fan? Entertainment. That's why I'm for it. I have no doubt in my mind ESL will be way more entertaining than UCL.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Guys its simple.

Clubs in millions in debt, the opportunity to earn more through lucrative matches to help recover and sustain, or continue as we are, accumulate more debt, play more matches, earn less, then in 2024 the competition is even more diluted and your cut from the money is diminished more so whilst you're still trying to be competitive.

I know what I'd choose.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
This.

I simply can't digest the fact that my hometown team won't be able to play against those teams EVER. And yes, my hometown team is quite poor and does poorly. But same team managed to beat Liverpool and play draw against Napoli. And same team managed to win the whole thing 30 years ago.

Also, the worst thing in how this is self proclaimed league, where you have some random teams appear to be in it, but not some better teams. Not just that, but majority of teams can't even get relegated.

It's such a stupid thing.
Maybe clubs from East Europe should start organizing themselves as well. Start making regional leagues, better quality, better tv and sponsorship deals, better chances of getting a invitation to play a SL season. I don't think it will stay 15 permanent + 5 invitees forever, they gonna expand it eventually. Why should Dinamo who do so well be bound by the limitations of the Croatian league? Because UEFA says they have to? Pls. It's time for clubs to embrace this idea and implement it on all levels

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Majority of people are still buying the "UEFA is the good guys" and "Super League is driven by the bad guys" agenda portrayed by the media.

Luckily we have a critical and healthy forum here where most members discuss and make up their own opinion before swallowing shit without asking important questions.

We also have people against the Superleague here and their opinions are also well thought out and reasonable, so i respect their opinion, unlike the crybabies on social media just behaving like sheeps.
people have such short memories, makes the man city protests even more laughable given how they've been so vocal against UEFA in recent years, and now here they are supporting them against the ESL.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Maybe clubs from East Europe should start organizing themselves as well. Start making regional leagues, better quality, better tv and sponsorship deals, better chances of getting a invitation to play a SL season. I don't think it will stay 15 permanent + 5 invitees forever, they gonna expand it eventually. Why should Dinamo who do so well be bound by the limitations of the Croatian league? Because UEFA says they have to? Pls. It's time for clubs to embrace this idea and implement it on all levels
We can't do that because we'd kill each others.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Probably because

1. we've been screwed by the FIGC so many times and this makes us less dependent on them (the TV rights are less significant and we don't need their league to qualify for Europe)
2. it should close the financial gap between us and the EPL six and Liga duo (although we'll still be behind)
3. we get to say goodbye to that cursed competition called the CL :D
4. our season gets boring once we get knocked out of Europe prematurely. This gives us more interesting games to see

But yeah, seems like only us here on Tuz are in favour lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)