The Super League (12 Viewers)

in favour of Super League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Or bought? Have we witnessed such outrage when somewhat irrelevant clubs, City, PSG and Chelsea started spending few hundred millions on transfers, while trying to buy their way into elite? Did anyone from Uefa governing body raised concern at how football landscape is rapidly changing, unnaturally, questioned legitimacy of said club's sponsorship agreements with parrent companies? Surely they have strived to preserve true values of sport and competition based on hard work, loyalty and sacrifice while scolding emerging oil clubs and imposing bans on their murky deals....
Same people were fine with PSG spending 400 mil on Neymar and Mbappe. Makes me laugh to see the outrage now. Those clubs drove football right here and UEFA was too busy being corrupt and lining their pockets to care.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Income for the first year of the Super League is near €700M That’s three and a half times more than what the UCL generates. To begin with, €350M will be distributed among the founding teams, not equally: €350M for 6 clubs,€225M for 4 clubs, €112M for 2 clubs.(Paul Tenorio)
They should redistribute income equally, else there will be Super Benevento's at the bottom of the table

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
a friend of mine just sent me this. it's a ~3-year-old article, and it's an especially interesting read in light of the recent developments:
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-european-football-infantino-champions-league

the highlighted sentence (i mean this: "Whatever you propose in football you will not be 100% backed.") is basically the last sentence of my previous post :rofl: yeah, you can't please them all.

i also read an interesting article in hungarian. i'll try to back it with english sources; point is that the super league will propose a much more lucrative help for non-sl clubs compared to uefa: 10bn euros will be offered to grassroots funding for the 23 years, which is around 4 times what uefa currently spends on similar purposes.

and here is a really fun one too:

juve is still 4th (tied with city) on the uefa club rankings, but whatever. :baus:
We have muppets here acting like Juventus isn’t a top club, so of course ignorant buffoons gonna try to make such stupid points. It would have been like saying Real Madrid wasn’t a top club after Zidane era because they got knocked out in Rof16 a bunch of years in a row. Stupid.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
So for all bitching that Europe is not America, that we have a different mentality, system, etc, this is EXACTLY the same thing which the Euroleague did in basketball - they have 18 members, of which 11 are permanent founding members and 7 members can be changed (5 based on reuslts and 2 wildcards).

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
a friend of mine just sent me this. it's a ~3-year-old article, and it's an especially interesting read in light of the recent developments:
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-european-football-infantino-champions-league

the highlighted sentence (i mean this: "Whatever you propose in football you will not be 100% backed.") is basically the last sentence of my previous post :rofl: yeah, you can't please them all.

i also read an interesting article in hungarian. i'll try to back it with english sources; point is that the super league will propose a much more lucrative help for non-sl clubs compared to uefa: 10bn euros will be offered to grassroots funding for the 23 years, which is around 4 times what uefa currently spends on similar purposes.

and here is a really fun one too:

juve is still 4th (tied with city) on the uefa club rankings, but whatever. :baus:
Norway has NT :shocked:

Paid-off-Ref

Dec 16, 2004
Income for the first year of the Super League is near €700M That’s three and a half times more than what the UCL generates. To begin with, €350M will be distributed among the founding teams, not equally: €350M for 6 clubs,€225M for 4 clubs, €112M for 2 clubs.(Paul Tenorio)
Do we have any idea who these clubs are?

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
We have muppets here acting like Juventus isn’t a top club, so of course ignorant buffoons gonna try to make such stupid points. It would have been like saying Real Madrid wasn’t a top club after Zidane era because they got knocked out in Rof16 a bunch of years in a row. Stupid.
yeah, i remember when lyon knocked out real (featuring cr) twice in a row

cl is a lottery, and juve belongs to the absolute elite, no matter what the solbakkens of the world think

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
i lob ju

- - - Updated - - -

all the members oopposing the SL admitting that current system is broken but don't agree with innovation and believe UEFA can be reformed but don't want to "kill football" lol

can't have it both ways kids

giphy.gif
:agree:

UEFA literally just reformed after the last scandals, and still doing the exact same shit. No transparency, endless corruption.

Apparently, closed leagues are shit and not competitive. Even the CL is less competitive than North American major sports leagues. Domestic leagues are a complete joke now. Lol

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Good to see a lot more people being pro SL than compared to just a few months ago in the CL thread.

Not a years long process this time. Progress.

Not so accepting in the Pirlo thread.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Donarrumma to Juve on three years contract to play in the superleague
Salary €9.5M per annum
-€20M for Raiola
-€3M bonuses -3 year contract.(Momblano)

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
My ideal SL line up:

1. Juve, 2. Milan, 3. Inter, 4. Roma;
5. Real, 6. Barça, 7. Atletico, 8. Valencia;
9. MU, 10. Liverpool, 11. Arsenal, 12. Chelsea, 13. City, 14. Tottenham (only because of London's appeal and that amazing stadium);
15. Bayern, 16. Dortmund;
17. PSG;
18. Benfica, 19. Porto;
20. Ajax.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Yes we deserved to win it 9 times in a row because generally we were the best managed club but what is also true is FFP penalized Italian clubs further decreasing the ability of Italian teams to build stronger teams. And in typical hypocritical fashion, allowed the likes of PSG and City to go on an uncontrollable spending spree.
UEFA mismanaged this from the beginning. We happened to benefit from it in the league because we were in a healthier financial situation. FFP in hindsight was the final nail in the coffin for Serie A honestly.
FFP fucked over everyone outside EPL who wasn’t already elite. Serie A, La Liga, Ligue 1. Any club who wasn’t elite or didn’t have some rich sheikh just ignoring the rules and daring UEFA to do something about it (of course these corrupt chickens back down), was screwed over with no path forward to becoming a top level club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)