The Super League (22 Viewers)

in favour of Super League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

fredrik

Aug 7, 2011
Someone sent me an article about back in the days when football clubs started paying their players the fans rioted against that too. Major changes will always meet resistance. Days when owners had football clubs as a side hobby to lose money are over. It was just a matter of time.

Also whether this goes through or not Serie A is a dinosaur league ran by oldies stuck in the 70s. FIGC deserved a wake-up call, they´ve been destroyed by PL for years.

The italian league and cup product is just not good enough and they´ve done far too little to improve the revenue.
Thats funny! Players and clubs are so far removed from ordinary ppl today, this super ligue will not change anything but put the money in the clubs that draw the viewers, supporters and sponsors today. It will be a better product, better quality, more competitive and alot more interesting. Top clubs today are not sustanable under current cl, this will ensure that, and make sure the highest quality of football with the best players competing against each other. Of course for the next best clubs and under that who got into the goldmine that was cl( for them) , they are unhappy not to be able to leech on the big clubs to get money that excists only bc of the interest of big clubs and players.

Buy on AliExpress.com

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Torino President Urbano Cairo condemned the three clubs in an interview with ANSA.

"It is an attack on the health of the League. If someone like [Inter CEO] Beppe Marotta, does something like that, he must resign from the FIGC immediately and must be ashamed," Cairo said.

"You are an Inter director, a club that agreed to join the Super League, you can't represent Serie A and FIGC because you are threatening the life of the association," he continued.

"The project is not going to succeed, but those who conceived it are attacking the league and for this betrayal, they must resign and be ashamed."

The same goes for Juventus President Andrea Agnelli, who was accused of sabotaging the deal to sell 10 per cent of the media company formed to control Serie A TV rights to private funds for €1.7 billion.

"It looks like the [Super League] project was filed on January 10, so I told him during the meeting: 'how can you come here to talk about solidarity when you sabotaged the negotiation with the funds, already knowing that you were doing the Super League?" Cairo revealed.

"How can you go and negotiate for the operation when you are already working at the Superleague?. But how do you do it? It is a betrayal."
https://app.football-italia.net/?re...t#article/footballitalia-169411&menu=news-all

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Torino President Urbano Cairo condemned the three clubs in an interview with ANSA.

"It is an attack on the health of the League. If someone like [Inter CEO] Beppe Marotta, does something like that, he must resign from the FIGC immediately and must be ashamed," Cairo said.

"You are an Inter director, a club that agreed to join the Super League, you can't represent Serie A and FIGC because you are threatening the life of the association," he continued.

"The project is not going to succeed, but those who conceived it are attacking the league and for this betrayal, they must resign and be ashamed."

The same goes for Juventus President Andrea Agnelli, who was accused of sabotaging the deal to sell 10 per cent of the media company formed to control Serie A TV rights to private funds for €1.7 billion.

"It looks like the [Super League] project was filed on January 10, so I told him during the meeting: 'how can you come here to talk about solidarity when you sabotaged the negotiation with the funds, already knowing that you were doing the Super League?" Cairo revealed.

"How can you go and negotiate for the operation when you are already working at the Superleague?. But how do you do it? It is a betrayal."
https://app.football-italia.net/?re...t#article/footballitalia-169411&menu=news-all
fuck that senile fart.

The way I see it... the real losers are the Italian sides not joining the Super league. The league as a package doesn't even compare to the others financially, and will there for be left behind more so.

And you know what?

Couldn't have happened to a nicer league.

FUCK EM ALL!

- - - Updated - - -

My fucking president!

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
16 teams would be even better just like the old days.
i'd be fine with that too. but the league will resist because less matches = less money.

italy and that league is probably beyond repair though. did you read the reports about today's meeting? old grumpy men moaning about agnelli and marotta betraying the league, while they still don't realize that they treated juve like shit, and sl clubs competing in their sorry league would mean more $$$ for that said league. meanwhile inda, meelan and juve giving up on cl would represent a golden opportunity for all the nazio's and roma's to fight for regular cl places. uefa won't give up easily, cl will be here for a while.

anyway...

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
I'm sure that the Founding Clubs did their due diligence regarding the breakaway from a legal standpoint - what uefa is threatening is in my view (just based on first thoughts, no in depth research) most likely illegal. They are basically trying to keep their dominant position and prevent a "competitor" from appearing on the market, which is unlawful in most industries. Sport is different, but IMO it would be difficult for courts to allow uefa to kick out clubs from competitions and also national associations to kick out the clubs from the leagues. Very very difficult imo, not to mention preventing the players from playing for their national teams - no way that would be lawful (eg under the ECHR).

This will be a very interesting legal fight.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
In Germany fans decide quite a lot I think as they own big share of votes, like 50%.
I already posted my hypothesis on why this may not equate for BuLi clubs. The toxicity and cockroach mentality/ethics aren't pervasive unlike in Italy where it's the lifeblood

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sure that the Founding Clubs did their due diligence regarding the breakaway from a legal standpoint - what uefa is threatening is in my view (just based on first thoughts, no in depth research) most likely illegal. They are basically trying to keep their dominant position and prevent a "competitor" from appearing on the market, which is unlawful in most industries. Sport is different, but IMO it would be difficult for courts to allow uefa to kick out clubs from competitions and also national associations to kick out the clubs from the leagues. Very very difficult imo, not to mention preventing the players from playing for their national teams - no way that would be lawful (eg under the ECHR).

:agree:

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015

uefa couldn't even file a proper case when they finally tried to punish city though :shifty:

my bet is on the renegades.

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
Any ideas who else are most likely going to join the super league?
Ajax, Benfica, Porto, Bayern, Borussia, Leipzig, Lyon, PSG, Sevilla, Valencia all have expressed their desire to stay with the UEFA. What's there left?

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Any ideas who else are most likely going to join the super league?
Ajax, Benfica, Porto, Bayern, Borussia, Leipzig, Lyon, PSG, Sevilla, Valencia all have expressed their desire to stay with the UEFA. What's there left?
need some turkish and russian teams in there.

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
need some turkish and russian teams in there.
Zenit were invited but didn't accept because of their sponsor Gazprom that is also one of the main sponsors of the CL.
Meanwhile Galatasaray's president is ready to do whatever is best for the club. In other words, would definitely consider that opportunity.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
I will never understand why Juve fans would ever care about small clubs. If you love small clubs so much be their fan and not of Juve who has always been big.

This is some kinda cognitive dissonance.
This is dog eat dog world, small clubs can suck my dick.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Income for the first year of the Super League is near €700M That’s three and a half times more than what the UCL generates. To begin with, €350M will be distributed among the founding teams, not equally: €350M for 6 clubs,€225M for 4 clubs, €112M for 2 clubs.(Paul Tenorio)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)