The Single-Malt connoisseurs (3 Viewers)

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
No Glen Morangie!?!?!
thats my usual tipple but all of those are cask strength, straiht from the distillery which i visited while on holiday. did not make it to Tain yet but am planning a trip up north soon and will visit the 4 caskmen of Tains headquarters

How do you describe Oban, Rob?

I think I will get a slim bottle of that elixir.
Oban is lovely, its not a highland malt or an island malt so its not as smoky as the island malts, it is a nice middle ground

My favorites:

Raki and Johnnie Black :pint:
johnnie walker sells well all over the world,except scotland. as a blended whisky its ok but there are much better blends and of course you are always better with a single malt

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #42
    My latest purchase

Smooth with a rich fruity flavour, it leaves a sweet after-taste.

All in all, a great malt, I'm happy I got it. My next bottle will be an Oban.

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
    well i went and bought a bottle of Glenmorangie the last week as i never feel like my collection is complete without a bottle.

well i just decided i am gonna give it away to my dad for his christmas (whisky, the only gift destined to cause more arguements at christmas than buying your wife a washing machine)

the reason i decided was this, i was in the cash-and-carry the other day and nearly creamed myself when i noticed this glenmorangie box-set with 2 crystal glasses....all for £20:money:

so i treated myself

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

I'm no whiskey expert but I'm pretty sure what you just said can be considered blasphemy. :D

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
    Single malt is kind of overrated, i mean yes, there is a difference, of the so called "original aromas"
    but if you ignore the process, sometimes you would prefer a green label, blended malt, Johnnie over some certain exotic aromas of a single malt. Best value/money = Cardhu, but its kind of rare in my part of the world...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)