The Rumor Mill (3 Viewers)

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++
Stuart have you missed the last 15 years of the premiership? saying that Man Utd or Arsenal dont have the "necessary qualities" to win the league is rubbish, both clubs know exactly what they have to do.

Chelsea won the league because Man Utd started too slow and missed Ruud, and because Arsenal self-destructed. So really Chelsea won not because of what they themselves did, more because their rivals falted.
Like Zlatan said, they did get the record number of points in the EPL, so no matter what their rivals did they'd have won anyway.

Unless you mean to tell me that Man Utd would have broken the record by a larger margin had Ruudboy awoke from hibernation.:rolleyes:

As a Man Utd fan you should know that the Devils only usually hit peak form before Christmas and carry it through to the end of the season, they never did start very well, with a few exceptions.Even Fergie has come out to say that this season he's had to tweak his training programme a little so Man Utd hit top form earlier; last season's slow start was by no means an exceptional occasion.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Arttk

Jul 30, 2004
Well I think the reason Chelsea won was due to their defense. Their defense is the strongest in the premiership, period. Remember all those 1-0 wins in the beginning of the season, well yeah I guess that was the sign to come.
Now with SWP, Del Horno and Essien(its only a matter of time), they will play this counter attack brand of football that absorbs all kinds of crap and then kill you with one or two counter down the wings.
I don't think there is currently ay defense in the premiership that can hold both robben and SWP down the flank and their defense can handle anyone.
Oh, i hate chelsea.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
I'm glad though that Chelsea have so far failed to replace Drogba, that joke of a striker.Despite their best efforts Atletico Madrid, Juve, Milan and Inter have all resisted their advances and I hope it stays that way.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++
Stuart have you missed the last 15 years of the premiership? saying that Man Utd or Arsenal dont have the "necessary qualities" to win the league is rubbish, both clubs know exactly what they have to do.

Chelsea won the league because Man Utd started too slow and missed Ruud, and because Arsenal self-destructed. So really Chelsea won not because of what they themselves did, more because their rivals falted.
Did I say that Man Utd and Arsenal don't have the necessary qualities to win the Premiership? As a matter of fact I did not. I said that because they can match Chelsea when on form doesn't mean that they can win the league and I stand by that. You seem to have a problem with understanding. I was simply stating that you have to do more than go toe-to-toe with Chelsea when you play them in order to win the league and that is true, isn't it? I never once said that Man Utd and Arsenal are incapable of winning the EPL, I said that they'll have to be more consistent than they were last season. Next time read and re-read if that's what it takes for you to comprehend before you fly off and make yourself look rather silly.

Arttk

Jul 30, 2004
If we sold Trez to Chelsea, it would be a nightmare to play against Chelsea. Chelsea doesn't even need to do anything and just wait for services from the counter.

ashwin

Jul 19, 2005
i reckon we should all just ingnore chelsea next season, we might as well give them the premiership (saves us listening to moanerinho all season long) and have a good fight for second place. infact, i think chelsea and real madrid should go make their own league, play each other 38 times a season and then decide who's best. and they can let the rest of the PROPER football teams get on with business as usual

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)