The Rumor Mill (3 Viewers)

OP
Chxta

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
  • Thread Starter #21
    Another player has been linked with a move to Ajax today, this time it's the worlds most sought after youngster Freddy Adu. According to todays Calciomerato, Dutch outfit Ajax is keeping close tabs on the 16 year old super talent.

The race to sign this wonderkid is hottening up with major clubs as Juventus, Inter Milan, Manchester United, Chelsea, AC Milan, Real Madrid and FC Barcelona all interested.

The pacey forward is currently playing for Washington DC United.

Buy on AliExpress.com
    OP
    Chxta

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004
  • Thread Starter #22
    Inter Milan are interested in Arsenal’s Robert Pires according to the Italian press. Despite the Frenchman’s age coach Roberto Mancini sees Pires as the answer to his problem on the left hand side of midfield.

Inter hope to get Pires for a reasonable fee as the French international only has a year left on his contract, they may even be tempted into swapping either Emre or Andy van der Meyde, to secure his services.

It is thought that while Wenger would like Pires to remain at Arsenal, he is reluctant to offer him more than a one year deal and the Frenchman wants more, for this reason Inter feel they have a good chance at landing him.

OP
    Chxta

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004
  • Thread Starter #23
    White male, 25, non-smoker, social gambler, England international,
    professional marriage suddenly very crowded, WLTM big club in Big
    Cup. Time-wasters/Newcastle United need not reply. Call Michael on
    (+34)14goalsfrom22starts. Please include photo of squad with
    striker-size gap (ideally 4ft 2ins).

Response 1, from Merseyside area: "The most important thing at the
    moment is to protect Sami Hyypia and Jamie Carragher. I am looking
    for a centre-back and not a centre forward. Buenos luck". [What he
    really thinks: "I've got Peter Crouch and I think he's better than
    you."]

Response 2, from AW, London: "I'm not looking for a striker. I have
    not made any approach for Michael Owen." - [What he really thinks: "I have Thierry Henry and he's definitely better than you."]

Response 3, from Deluded, Newcastle: "He's a great striker and he's
    only 25." [What he really thinks: "What do you mean no time-wasters?
    The chairman has told me we're a massive club. Come and have a go if you think you're hard enough."]

Response 4, from David Gill at the New Manchester Soccerdolphins. "The Glazers have said that if there is a big player out there who is
    available, then the money is there to go for him." [What he really
    thinks: "I'm gagging for some goal action! Old Dutch flame really
    gone off the boil. New boss a bit tight but hinted may cough up for a
    classy performer. Might have to offload Louis Saha though. Talk to ya soon."]

Meanwhile the Fiver wonders (a) if Michael Owen riding shotgun for
    Wayne Rooney could be anything other than a boon for England ahead of World Cup 2006, and (b) if Middlesbrough and Spurs can possibly refrain from putting in a bid?

Arttk

Jul 30, 2004
    Berihoff retired, Viduka was last seen injured (again) but he should be in Boro with Hasselbank.
    Man Utd won't win the league even if Cantona unretired and Schemichael was in net, this looking at Chelsea's current starting 11.

OP
    Chxta

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004
  • Thread Starter #29
    Wenger looks to Viera to get over Vieira

Reports last week suggested that the Arsenal camp is suffering from depression following the departure of Patrick Vieira to Juventus.

True, he's been an important player for the Highbury club and the Gunners may struggle to replace him, but surely manager Arsene Wenger's suggestion of hiring professional help to counsel those players hit hardest by Pat's departure is a little over the top.

Wenger now seems to have taken the matter of replacing Vieira a little too literally. The French boss is currently pursuing Patrick's Uruguay international almost-namesake, goalkeeper Sebastien Viera.

Is this the only way to get over the 'real' Vieira leaving? Will the players notice the difference? Surely Wenger can't pull the wool over his staff's eyes as easily as this....

Fight Club

Ageing Lazio captain Paulo di Canio showed he's lost none of his fire with the onset of old age, by sparking an impressive 22-man scrap in Wednesday's Intertoto Cup semi final against Marseille.

The Roman managed to kick off the brawl after twice tangling with Marseille players in the first half. The second incident involved French defender Abdoulaye Meité; head butts were exchanged and four players were booked, before Di Canio saw enough sense to actually do what he's paid for and score a goal.

Similar scenes were witnessed at a pre-season not-so-friendly match at Tamworth, where it was Aston Villa's, erm, 'combative,' Lee Hendrie who sparked a mass brawl. 21 players were involved as Hendrie grappled on the ground with Tamworth teenager Kyle Storer.

The pair were both dismissed by referee Rob Hyde, but not before punches were thrown. It must be the hot weather to blame.....

Strachan in nightmare start

It looks like new Celtic boss Gordon Strachan is in for a rough ride this season, judging by how stressed the wee man looks only two games into his new job.

The fiery Scotsman is already feeling the pressure of being in one of the biggest jobs in Scotland, having lost calamitously 5-0 against Artmedia Bratislava on Tuesday, and having thrown away a 3-1 lead against Motherwell to draw 4-4 on the opening day of the Scottish season.

And more bad news for wee Gord - his chief executive has spoken out and given him a vote of confidence following the poor start! And that normally means the chop isn't too far away.....

Thug of the week

Stiff competition this week (see above) for the inaugural title which 'celebrates' some of the worst indiscretions in the world of football thuggery.

But this week's award has to go to serial offender and all round hooligan, Joey Barton. The Manchester City midfielder hit the headlines again following a bust up in his team's hotel on their pre-season tour of the Far East.

Barton's candidature for the gong is undisputed, not only for fighting with a 16-year-old football supporter in the bar of his hotel, but also for managing to feast on peacemaking team-mate Richard Dunne's finger in a moment of cannibalistic madness.

This is a player who knows no limits to his methods of attack. Last year, in a 'dispute' with a youth team player, the Liverpudlian imaginatively poked a burning cigar into the youngster's eye

This time round, the 22-year-old was sent home by manager Stuart Pearce and has been fined eight week's wages. And all this even before the season has started.....

ashwin

Jul 19, 2005
    ++ [ originally posted by njork10 ] ++
    if owen goes to man u they are gonna win the league.him and rvn with rooney behind them are gonna score bags of goals
    u dont win the league by buying one more player.

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Arttk ] ++
    Man Utd won't win the league even if Cantona unretired and Schemichael was in net, this looking at Chelsea's current starting 11.
    Who cares? Last season I didnt see anything Chelsea could do that Man Utd or Arsenal even couldnt do even they are on form.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Hence the reason that consistency actually matters in football, Nicole. When Man U and Arsenal are on form they can go toe-to-toe with Chelsea but in order to win the league you have to be good for the majority of the season, not every other month.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
    Hence the reason that consistency actually matters in football, Nicole. When Man U and Arsenal are on form they can go toe-to-toe with Chelsea but in order to win the league you have to be good for the majority of the season, not every other month.
    They can be that good that consistantly too. One season doesn't prove that Chelsea are consistant. I suspect that the title race will be a lot closer this season than a lot of people think.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++

They can be that good that consistantly too. One season doesn't prove that Chelsea are consistant. I suspect that the title race will be a lot closer this season than a lot of people think.
    Agreed, I'm just saying that because you can match a team when you're on form doesn't mean that you have the necessary qualities to win the league. If Man U or Arsenal want to de-throne Chelsea they'll have to be more consistent than they were last season.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
    Agreed, I'm just saying that because you can match a team when you're on form doesn't mean that you have the necessary qualities to win the league. If Man U or Arsenal want to de-throne Chelsea they'll have to be more consistent than they were last season.
    I'd agree. Arsenal are still frighteningly thin at centre-half and Man Utd really need one of their strikers to step up after the last couple of seasons, not to mention the question marks hanging over their goalkeepers.

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
    Stuart have you missed the last 15 years of the premiership? saying that Man Utd or Arsenal dont have the "necessary qualities" to win the league is rubbish, both clubs know exactly what they have to do.

Chelsea won the league because Man Utd started too slow and missed Ruud, and because Arsenal self-destructed. So really Chelsea won not because of what they themselves did, more because their rivals falted.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++

Who cares? Last season I didnt see anything Chelsea could do that Man Utd or Arsenal even couldnt do even they are on form.

Didnt they, like, have the record number of points in a premiership season? Thats something Manchester and Arsenal couldnt do.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
    Didnt they, like, have the record number of points in a premiership season? Thats something Manchester and Arsenal couldnt do.
    Something close. Freak season though, helped by being chased by two quality teams. Man Utd of old were either chased by Arsenal or not at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)