The Return Of Appiah (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

why did we get rid of him the first time....anyone remember ??

because he SUCKED !!!!

Well, I'd say because he couldn't pass worth a shit, which he couldn't. We even started the demented bulldozer Blasi over Appiah, but that was just ridiculous. Still, you're right, we need other players than Appiah but all these fucking morons want another DM/CM who can't pass. Christ some people are idiots.

Thunderball

May 4, 2007
I think Appiah is a better player than the one that left here in 2004.

I also think he'll bring more to the table than Tiago has been to date.

Lastly, the price is right.

Despite this, I can't help but be disappointed. This team has the worst defense I can remember from a Juventus team, with the heads and tails best one (Chiellini) out for a month, and arguably the next best (Andrade) likely out for good.

Rather than pay for a real upgrade, like Zapata, Garay, Grosso, Alves, or someone top notch... they grab Mellberg for nothing, and a Livorno scrub... neither of which represent an actual upgrade on Legrottaglie, Zebina or Grygera... let alone a contemporary for Chiellini or a healthy Andrade (which is more of a myth than anything). Of course, neither on their own are bad moves, assuming a top defender comes in.

Molinaro has to be the worst starting LB I have ever seen play for a CL and Serie A contending club. De Ceglie should be front and centre, or at the very least a backup to someone who is a bonafide starter.

It would be borderline acceptable if they refrained to give Criscito another chance to shine as a LB/CB... but of course we couldn't have any of that.

I really don't get how they think they can cheap out on defenders. Unfortunately, Appiah is going to take the hit for the board's inadequacy... despite being a decent signing on his own. He's simply not a priority piece of the puzzle.

Mar 30, 2006
Appiah is a good player. He is very strong and just struggled at Juve last time because of the lack of consistency in his playing time. I think he is much better than Tiago and would allow us to play a solid 3 man mid and trident attack.

With him Momo and Poulsen we could have a very tough and dominating mid.

Plus he has ability to go forward and is a leader. People need to stop hating on him. Plus he really likes Juventus.

It is clear Tiago will not play if he stays so what is wrong with signing a player like Appiah?

Abyss

Aug 28, 2008
I'm not a cracker, you fucking cracker ;) No one from the mother land of Crackers, Christmas fucking Island, can call me that :p

And you seem to missunderstand the timespan of it all.

Firstly, Fener medical team is not only poor, but should be criminally charged (they x-rayed R. Carlos, failed to tell him he has a broken shin, and told him to play, which he did and injured himself even more...). He has been out for more then a year, and when they noticed this stuff was months and months ago. Since then he had gone through alot of rehab to bounce back, ended his contract with Fener 4 months ago, and is said to have recovered. Thats that.

But good that you atleast noticed his severe condition was with his leg. The others automatically assumed it was an heart condition and went with it.

Really, this is all funny. Roberto Carlos was injured after the game against Sevilla, I tried to find the instant, checked youtube but could not find it. If you can, look for the second goal of Sevilla. His leg was almost broken. And please check somewhere when he played his next game. Fenerbahçe medical team is poor maybe, but what you are saying is something just made up. This is the first thing.

Second thing, about Appiah, he says now that he was injured but he hadd to play to help the team win the title. He should also explain his madness when he was subbed. He even did not wanna be subbed. He wanted to play.

Third, Appiah went through a knee operation before the last week of the 2006-2007 season. And before he was OK, before he started playing with Fenerbahçe, he played with Ghana national team. He was looking forward to be with Ghana during the African Nations Cup, which took place in Ghana.

Anyhow, this "problem" that could have costed his life was discovered in İstanbul, on 12th December, in İstanbul Acıbadem Hospital, which is taking care of all the health issues of Fenerbahçe players. And that problem is; his blood coagulates (I hope this is the right word, I checked from the dictionary) in some part of his veins. But this thing can move to his lungs, brain. It was a real problem. And he said he wanted to continue with his Italian doctors and went to Italy. In January, because of the foreign player limitations, Fenerbahçe asked to if they can, well, I am trying to find the right word for this, not cancel his contract, but something like a pause, for 6 months, so that a player can be get something like on a 6 month loan. During this time, he was going to be paid as normal. But he asked for 1.5 million Euros extra to except it. He also knew he was at the end of his career and he was angry of course. Fenerbahçe did not except this extra 1.5 million thing and the fight began. He declared from his website that Fenerbahçe doctors were almost killing him and bla bla.

After that, he was not heard of. And after all these things, his contract was terminated.

Let's say, Appiah is telling the truth, and Fenerbahçe medical staff did something wrong that effected his health, he has all the right to sue or anything. But he did not. He cannot.

Why did Carlos do nothing if the Fenerbahçe medical staff did something wrong? I don't think these players are slaves, and they somehow have power, they are known players, and UEFA and FIFA is trying to protect the players. But they are not doing anything. And Carlos is still playing happily in İstanbul.

By the way, hi, I am a Fenerbahçe fan, but I support Juve in Italy.

Abyss

Aug 28, 2008
Appiah is a good player. He is very strong and just struggled at Juve last time because of the lack of consistency in his playing time. I think he is much better than Tiago and would allow us to play a solid 3 man mid and trident attack.

With him Momo and Poulsen we could have a very tough and dominating mid.

Plus he has ability to go forward and is a leader. People need to stop hating on him. Plus he really likes Juventus.

It is clear Tiago will not play if he stays so what is wrong with signing a player like Appiah?
Let me clarify one thing, he stopped playing because of a knee injury, and could not start playing because he was sick! It was not about an injury, he is sick. That's something that can repeat any time.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
Appiah must be badly injured and can't walk couse he is returning to Turin since 08.11.2007, 19:47, or he's broke and now he hitch-hiking to Turin.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
appiah's an upgrade on tiago for certain, so if tiago goes why not get appiah on a free, he loves the club and has played in italy before, so he wont need time to get settled. He is also a much better player than he was the last time he played for us, he's still a good age at 27 so he should be peaking in the next year or so and he add's an extra dimention, hes not as creative as i would like but he is uncompromising.

Appiah should not be our only buy, we desperately need a whole new back line, centreback is the key area but we also need a good left back, moli cant cut it. I hope the £12m that we just pocketed for the CL will be invested back into the squad to make us competetive....

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
Why did Carlos do nothing if the Fenerbahçe medical staff did something wrong? I don't think these players are slaves, and they somehow have power, they are known players, and UEFA and FIFA is trying to protect the players. But they are not doing anything. And Carlos is still playing happily in İstanbul.
a player who is really past it. he is 35 and happy to have a club that pays him ... why should he saw the tree he sits on ?

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
He has a problem with his knee (blood), but can play in the second half of the season (www.goal.com)!

buy,
than we have a replacement for sissoko and poulsen!
Because i cant find any article on the net having smth solid enough,, or even the better the diagnosis to his problem, you remember what kind of "knee-blood problem" he had?

From what i can remember of what Turk said, could it be a peripheral artery obstruction??
I remember that his problem wasnt funny and this disease can lead into surgery or even amputation.
I m sure that these rumors/fears were spreed before o go to vacation and they were not yet justified with exams.
I had no internet access at a time, but i cant remember of reading somewhere that he made any kind of surgery. This is not the typical type of "knee problems" the football players usually have.
It should be underestimated, if this is the case Appiah may have to perform a surgery and then there is always the possibility of having it repeated and at the best case he will not be able to reach the fitness problems he once had, because if he strains his leg, the pain will reappear, every singe time he will strech himself to his limits, he will suffer and wont be able to perform.
Really nasty for a football player...

I am only assuming here, since i red nothing official after the exams were conducted, but if this is the case, then we are signing a liability.

On the other hand, i ve always respected Appiah's work rate and i admired his improvement when i watched him with his NT, he was much more complete even than Sissoko seamed to be. If he reaches those standards he could be a starter at this team.

Apr 15, 2006
we'll effectively be replacing Tiago if we get Appiah. we'll get extra money from Tiago's possible sale, and sign Appiah on a free. not taking Appiah's quality and skill into the picture, this will be a good buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)