The Rejuvenated Funny Pics Thread - NO VIDEOS (YouTube Included) (59 Viewers)

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
kids dig animals, at least I did and monkey is one of the coolest animals tbh
I remember when I was a kid, in kindergarden, I was asked what I wanted to be when I get older. I said I wanted to be like Tarzan and kick it with the monkeys :touched:

Regardless, poor advertisement, they got themselves bad publicity for it. They should've known better specially in this politically/socially sensitive generation. They had the same time of backlash when they had a shirt with te star of david with a human skull in front of it :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

I did too, but monkeys aren't handsome enough :p

However, should they ever come up with a "coolest nerd in the shadow realm" shirt, i want @Fr3sh to model for it.
This guy got this on lock despite me being a thousand times more handsome.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
The tweet guy is the one with the racist thoughts, not HM, because he is the one attributing 'monkey' to blacks and suggesting HM should not pick a black kid as model for a common label on kid's wear
His tweet is absurd but so is what you say there.

I see a boy in a sweater.

Racists see a black boy in a shirt with monkey and think that is racist.

But the real rascist are the anti-racist people who say this is racist, because they see a link between a monkey and a dark skinned child.

All these anti-racist groups are the most racist out there. I don't see anything appealing in this picture, you can only see that if you're living in a small narrow minded world searching for everything that can eventually be rascist. In the end, they are self the biggest rascists out there. :puke:
So you mean the link had not been made and used before anti-racist racists started SEEing it?

The bold part btw is the second most washed up excuse racists use for being racist. First is "I have black friends". Try something more nuanced.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
His tweet is absurd but so is what you say there.

So you mean the link had not been made and used before anti-racist racists started SEEing it?
You can either make the effort of erasing the link from collective conscience or keep pointing your finger at it by tiptoeing around it and affirming it hereby

These upsetti ppl should channel their protesting force towards H&M sweatshops in bangladesh but that would be an actual problem

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
You can either make the effort of erasing the link from collective conscience or keep pointing your finger at it by tiptoeing around it and affirming it hereby
Calling something "wrong" is a reaction as it follows something that is deemed wrong. As long as the wrong exist, not pointing out the wrong does not and cannot erase the wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

These upsetti ppl should channel their protesting force towards H&M sweatshops in bangladesh but that would be an actual problem
Out of curiosity, the ideal outcome would be shutting down those sweatshops?

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Calling something "wrong" is a reaction as it follows something that is deemed wrong. As long as the wrong exist, not pointing out the wrong does not and cannot erase the wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Out of curiosity, the ideal outcome would be shutting down those sweatshops?
No idea but I stopped buying cheap sweatshop clothes after gaining financial freedom to afford doing so

DutchJuventino

Apr 9, 2015
Too bad, my English is too bad to make a great post with my thoughts about this subject without misunderstandings. But believe me, I am far from a racist and I think the small group anti-rascists who have an impact in the media and shouting out loud their opinions are making the cliff between both groups bigger.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
The tweet guy is the one with the racist thoughts, not HM, because he is the one attributing 'monkey' to blacks and suggesting HM should not pick a black kid as model for a common label on kid's wear
:tup: but most are too dumb to get it

- - - Updated - - -

Why even write "the coolest monkey in the jungle" on a shirt in the first place?
I would wear it

- - - Updated - - -

Too bad, my English is too bad to make a great post with my thoughts about this subject without misunderstandings. But believe me, I am far from a racist and I think the small group anti-rascists who have an impact in the media and shouting out loud their opinions are making the cliff between both groups bigger.
We get you bud

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
that hoodie, intentionally or unintentionally is racist.

and h&m is dumb for to let this be posted. how stupid do you have to approve something like this.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Why even write "the coolest monkey in the jungle" on a shirt in the first place?
In Australia anyway, the terms “cheeky little monkey” is used for little kids, especially the very active ones who climb around and just cause general havoc with their cute craziness. Nothing wrong with that sweater at all. Kids love monkeys too, cool funny animals.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
monkey is also a derogatory name for black people

hello, our own fans chanted monkey noises at black players. ffs why is it so hard to understand?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Now what I don't get is, what is so racist about blackface? For example, there was outrage when Griezmann painted his face black to dress up as a Harlem Globetrotter for an 80's costume party.

Intent is what matters imo. Who would really think that he meant to be racist there?

Blackfacing is inherently racist, but that is not what Griezmann is doing. Griezmann dressed up like a Harlem Globetrotter. It makes sense for him to be black. Aside from the afro (which is pretty much simply one of the types of hair black people can have), he didn't emphasize certain physical characteristics. No big lips or anything, also it's not as if he's singing some sort of stereotypical black song or anything to ridicule blacks. Griezmann's intent is clear: he wanted to look like a Harlem Globetrotter.

As for the 'coolest monkey' thing, calling a small child 'monkey' would be considered something of a pet name over here. It's not that much of a problem that it is on a sweater. Making a black child pose in such a sweater is much more of a problem though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 57)