The Rejuvenated Funny Pics Thread - NO VIDEOS (YouTube Included) (41 Viewers)

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
The tweet guy is the one with the racist thoughts, not HM, because he is the one attributing 'monkey' to blacks and suggesting HM should not pick a black kid as model for a common label on kid's wear

DutchJuventino

Apr 9, 2015
here's an other one:

[video=twitter;950208202154610689]https://twitter.com/CharlesMBlow/status/950208202154610689[/video]
I see a boy in a sweater.

Racists see a black boy in a shirt with monkey and think that is racist.

But the real rascist are the anti-racist people who say this is racist, because they see a link between a monkey and a dark skinned child.

All these anti-racist groups are the most racist out there. I don't see anything appealing in this picture, you can only see that if you're living in a small narrow minded world searching for everything that can eventually be rascist. In the end, they are self the biggest rascists out there. :puke:

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I'm not saying it is or it isn't racist... but it's not for no reason that people can see the monkey reference as racist. Everyone knows that monkey is a term that was used historically (and up to today) to demean black people.

Now whether that was intended by HM is unknown. I don't see why they would want to do that, but I don't see how that could pass through the dozens of people that must've seen it before it was published, without someone questioning it.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015

But the real rascist are the anti-racist people who say this is racist, because they see a link between a monkey and a dark skinned child.

All these anti-racist groups are the most racist out there. I don't see anything appealing in this picture, you can only see that if you're living in a small narrow minded world searching for everything that can eventually be rascist. In the end, they are self the biggest rascists out there. :puke:
The internet is full of those people these days. it was naive to think they can get away with a sweater like that, especially from a huge company like H&M.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015

wat, m8

fact: racist people often compare black people to monkeys. being aware of that is not racist by any means; ignoring it is simply blind. any h&m marketing guy should have known that and should have avoided any chance of being mentioned on the same platform with those banana throwing "supporters" who insulted matuidi the other day. this is simply a bad choice of advertising by h&m, there's no two ways about it.

DutchJuventino

Apr 9, 2015
The internet is full of those people these days. it was naive to think they can get away with a sweater like that, especially from a huge company like H&M.
True, but it also says that H&M didn't see the racism while making the shoot and uploading it on their site. If we are at the point people are make a problem from a simple thing like this, they world is lost.

It has two sides, ofcourse H&M should've know that there are possible problems with this picture, but c'mon my friend be realistic there is no sense of racism from the company.

DutchJuventino

Apr 9, 2015
wat, m8

fact: racist people often compare black people to monkeys. being aware of that is not racist by any means; ignoring it is simply blind. any h&m marketing guy should have known that and should have avoided any chance of being mentioned on the same platform with those banana throwing "supporters" who insulted matuidi the other day. this is simply a bad choice of advertising by h&m, there's no two ways about it.
Fact: not racist people doesn't compare black people to monkeys.
The anti-racists is making the link between the guy and the shirt, so they see some equality between a monkey and a black child.

I agree the problem could have been avoided but I won't call it a bad choice. Because the chance they expected this when they publicated it they were not aware of the possible problems (yeah an that is naieve). So it is not a bad choice, more inattention.

Beside this:

I am fucking finished with al those left-wings herbivores, goatfuckers, feminists, professional demonstrators and especially the people who see in every little fucking detail racism. Racism here, racism there, fuck off they are the guys who hold it alive.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Now what I don't get is, what is so racist about blackface? For example, there was outrage when Griezmann painted his face black to dress up as a Harlem Globetrotter for an 80's costume party.

Intent is what matters imo. Who would really think that he meant to be racist there?

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Fact: not racist people doesn't compare black people to monkeys.
The anti-racists is making the link between the guy and the shirt, so they see some equality between a monkey and a black child.

I agree the problem could have been avoided but I won't call it a bad choice. Because the chance they expected this when they publicated it they were not aware of the possible problems (yeah an that is naieve). So it is not a bad choice, more inattention.

Beside this:

I am fucking finished with al those left-wings herbivores, goatfuckers, feminists, professional demonstrators and especially the people who see in every little fucking detail racism. Racism here, racism there, fuck off they are the guys who hold it alive.
Veganism doesn't tolerate animal cruelty. You can't force yourself on an animal, gotta make sure it's consentual.

- - - Updated - - -

Relax.

Take a spliff.
Take first two puffs for my health :spliff:
And the last two for my wealth :spliff:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 33)